DVC waitlist at more than one resort?

GreatAuntie

Earning My Ears
Can a DVC member waitlist more than one resort in hopes one of them comes through? Booked at home resort but hoping for AK-Kidani or Jambo. Neither was available at the 7 month window. Can you also waitlist a one bedroom and a two bedroom? Could make either work maybe. Thanks for any tips. New at this.

Yes, you can have two total waitlists per membership, so assuming you’ve got just the one membership you could waitlist one room at Jambo and one at Kidani. Note, though, that the room type is part of the wait list so you could only waitlist one room type at each, or a 1BR and 2BR at one. You’d need four waitlists to request both a 1BR and 2BR at both resorts.

You can waitlist anything you'd like but are restricted to 2 waitlists per UY. In your scenario you could waitlist both for a room in Jambo and one in Kidani but you'd have to pick 1BR or 2BR because of the 2 waitlist restriction.

FYI - The 2 waitlists is per UY so if you also had a wish to waitlist something in your next UY you could at the same time, up to that UY's 2 waitlist limit.

On this note, do I need enough points to cover both wait lists in case they come through at the same time? Or will the system borrow points to try and cover both reservations?

On this note, do I need enough points to cover both wait lists in case they come through at the same time? Or will the system borrow points to try and cover both reservations?
Assuming you want to replace with your existing home resort reservation you can set that up to happen. Then only the difference in points is necessary or if the waitlisted room requires fewer points the difference will be returned back to the same status they were when you booked. That assumes you set up the waitlist to end at 31 days.

Once one waitlist fills for those dates the 2nd one for the exact same dates would be cancelled so you wouldn't get a doubling up.

Just to add to Kathy's note above, when you set up the WL, in addition to specifying that you want to replace a given reservation, you can also specify that MS can borrow points if needed to cover the new reservation. If you don't check the box to allow borrowing, and the new reservation needs more points than the original one did, the WL won't fill.

Just a couple notes - the 2BR at Jambo is a lockoff, so in order for a 2BR to become available there would have to be both a studio and a 1BR available. Kidani has dedicated 2BR as well as lockoffs, so if you want a 2BR, you're probably going to have better chances with a Kidani waitlist. Kidani also has more DVC rooms than Jambo, so you're more likely to eventually have availability pop up there in general than at Jambo, whether that's a 1 BR or 2.

If I wasn't set on Jambo and I was ok with either a 1BR or a 2, for me personally I'd probably waitlist both at Kidani to help with the odds of getting a reservation.

The only downside a CM told me, is that suppose you waitlist at resort A and B, but resort A is really your first choice. But then, resort B comes thru first. In that case, you now have B and resort A's waitlist is cancelled. If you want to waitlist for A, you go to the bottom of the list. Yet perhaps, the waitlist for A would have come thru just a couple days after the waitlist for B did. If you don't care whether you get resort A or B, though, that's OK. I hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter