DVD players?

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
Does the VWL have DVD players inside the rooms. We want to bring some movies if my daughters get tired and we the parks early.

I belive they still have VCR's. However I haven't stayed there for almost 2 years so maybe someone who has been more recently has. I don't remember hearing that they had updated them yet though. I think VWL is the last on the list to be updated (OWK and BCV were 1st I think.)

SSR has DVD-only in the 1 & 2 BR villas. I don't think they have one in the SSR studios.

DrTomorrow said:
SSR has DVD-only in the 1 & 2 BR villas. I don't think they have one in the SSR studios.

None of the WDW DVC resorts have DVD or VCR in the studios. (but I wish they did since I normally stay in one.) ;)

Rooms above that, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom or GV have either a DVD player or VCR in the room. BCV, SSR, has DVD playvers. OKW has been updated from VCR to DVD (maybe duo I don't know) and I know they are planning to update them all to DVD, (VB and HH too) but I don't know about that.

The inn rooms at VB have VCR's in them. I love that! :goodvibes

Personally I would really love them to be in every room, but so far they haven't. :guilty:

CharlesTD said:
OKW is DVD player only in 1 bdrm and up not a dual DVD VCR.

I remember hearing some reports about an updated resort that had duo, I think maybe that ws BWV, but I have never stayed there so I don't know. :goodvibes

We just returned home last night from a 4 night stay in a 1 Bedroom at VWL. Our room had a VCR only. Don't forget, as a DVC member, you get free video rentals from the Mercantile. :goodvibes

Tina said:
We just returned home last night from a 4 night stay in a 1 Bedroom at VWL. Our room had a VCR only. Don't forget, as a DVC member, you get free video rentals from the Mercantile. :goodvibes

Does BCV offer free movie rentals as well?

I think all the DVC resorts do. I read it in a little "perks" pamphlet that we got upon checkin. Later in the week, I saw a woman in the elevator with videos and she confirmed that she got them for free with her membership.

When I stayed at VWL in March, I noticed it wasn't even a VCR, it was a VCP (video casette player), it didn't record. I like to bring a blank tape to pop in and record the resort channels.

You may be right. We didn't use it, so we didn't look that closely.

Did BWV update to DVD yet? Doing a solo trip in January and there's always one day that I like to lay around and watch a good movie. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter