DW 2020 - Our 2nd Girl’s Trip!

TheCakePopLady

Mouseketeer
Hello hello! I didn’t start a Pre trip report for our first trip! I’m so excited to start one for this trip. It’s a year away but I’m so damn excited, I don’t care.

So when I was planning our very first WDW trip for Jan 2018 it was a lot different. We decided to go all out. We surprised my kids and didn’t tell them until the night before we were leaving. We stayed at the Grand Floridian. I bought everything new for them for this trip. I wanted them to experience top of the line Disney trip. It was the best time ever. A trip of a lifetime.

This time will be too, but doing things differently. Kids know about the trip this time and can be involved in planning. We are planning on staying at a value resort. We are thinking themed room at Art of Animation. I’m not buying every Mickey ear in my face that sparkles (lmao) and we are going to try to enjoy the trip for what it is, making memories without spending a crazy amount (although, the trip itself is still crazy expensive).

Trying to decide on dates, i just saw the school calendar year and we will either have to go peek time right after Christmas into January. Crowd levels look crazy. Or, pull kids from school for a few days (not opposed to this, but my oldest will be starting middle school, so not sure I want to do that and have her fall behind).

Here’s who is going!

Me:
L: Business partner and best friend
DD1: 12, will be 13 when we go
DD2: 7, will be 8 when we go

Stay tuned as I plan our second trip to WDW. I’m so excited...Mickey Bar, here I come!

YAY! We're going in 2020 too. The family rolls their eyes at me for talking about it already but I know that on the Dis, I'm among like-minded souls :)

So yesterday we discussed dates a bit more. We almost decided on Dec 30 - Jan 4 but after research and thought, we don’t want to deal with the drama of the crowds on Dec 31.

I think we decided Jan 1 - 5. It will still be super crowded, but we don’t really have any other date options at this point.

Y’all, I’m so excited. Waiting until packages can be booked is pretty much torture.

We have a beach trip planned for Spring Break with my husband and kids. So we do have a bit of a distraction. But NOTHING beats a Disney trip. My hubby doesn’t like crowds or waiting in lines and all that stuff, so that’s why he doesn’t go. My BFF takes his place.

So we decided for sure we are booking CRT for breakfast one of the days. That was our favorite last time we went. My DD1 really enjoyed 50’s Prime as well. I liked the characters at 1900 Fare Park for dinner. I want to try new places so I need to start researching.

Y’all, distract me for a year...OK? :D

I will add that when I booked our last DW trip in June 2017 I weighed 195 lbs. i refused to go to DW with my kids feeling miserable. I set a goal and I weighed 145 lbs when we left in Jan 18.

I’m currently 150 but my goal is to be 125 - 130 and maintaining this time next year. I’ll post updates and progress on this as well.

My daughter and I will be taking a girls trip this coming June. She will have just turned 12 when we go. This will be our 4th trip together, but so different from others. Our first two trips were when she was 2.5 and 3.5 years old, and with my husband as well. The last time we were in Disney she was 8 and in addition to our family of 3, we invited my mother along as well. This trip will be such a different experience.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter