E-ride Night Questions

Jeff P.

Earning My Ears
I am looking for input from people who have gone to E-ride night at MK. We are considering going during our next trip, and I am curious what people think about it.

Some of the specific questions that I have are:

1. How and where do you get tickets?
2. How many attractions are open?
3. Is it worth the extra cost?
4. Do people who have gone recommend it?

Thank you,

jeff

You have to be a resort guest and purchase the tickets at your hotel. They cost $12 for adults, less for kids. There are about 10 attractions open - mostly in Tomorrowland - usually Space Mt, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbiter, Alien Encounter, Splash Mt, Big Thunder, maybe Haunted Mansion and a few others. No little kids rides, mostly bigger kids rides. If you like the attractions that are open, it's great. If you are looking for Fantasyland, you shouldn't waste your money. We have had a great time, but we usually did it when we didn't get to go on the rides we wanted because of the crowds during the day. If we can do the rides we we want during the day, we don't do E-ride Night.

We do e-ride nights every vacation ---- it's a great way to do the "E-Rides" more leisurely and leave the daytime for other parks/attractions.

We do an e-night per vacation if they are offered. You can get off the ride and right back on with no lines, it's great! And it's not crowded, at least not the enights we've been to.

I always do the E-rides when they fall during my trip (sometimes I'll do them twice). I'm a big fan of the mountains, and it's a great way to get multiple rides in on the mountains (I once road Splash Mountain 4 times, Thunder Mountain 3 times, and Space Mountain 7 times in one night. When else can you do that all in three hours?). It's definitely worth $12 if you love going on the thrill rides.

You can also have some great character experiences during E-Nights. There are always characters around, and they aren't as mobbed as they are during the day. They are usually extra playful. One night, I was playing with Goofy near the Partners statue. I stood their and posed like the little Goofy statue, and he looked at me and then the statue a couple of times, started "laughing" and posed the same way. It was pretty funny. That night, either Chip or Dale was running around with a couple of kids. Another night, I ran into cowboy Goofy and Country Mickey and Minnie and had them all to myself. Another time, I was walking by myself through Frontierland when two of the Country Bears walked over to me. Each of them took my arm, and the three of us happily skipped all the way to Splash Mountain.

Karen

We have been to several E-ride nights and enjoyed all but one. The one was much more crowded than the others and it seems that there were more people than the rumored limit of 5,000. Also, an extra hour was added to the originally scheduled park closing time, so we had e-ride from 10pm to 1am instead of 9pm to midnight. We were getting very tired before 1am arrived.

Still, my answers to questions 3 & 4 are YES and YES. We plan a long break during the middle of the day when we do e-ride night. We plan a non-park day for the day after so that we can sleep late and maybe have a late character breakfast.:smooth:

We've been to two e-nights. The first was fantastic. It was pleasantly warm and we virtually walked on all the rides. The second e-night was a Friday night and it was HORRIBLE. Space Mountain was a 45min. wait and Buzz was a half hour wait. We went over to the other two mountains and they weren't much better. They just let too many people in to make it worthwhile. I'd like to try again sometime, but dh was REALLY turned off by our most recent experience and won't do it again.

We went to our first E-night last June and had a blast!
We had a late dinner at Chef Mickey's and then hung around the Exposition Hall on Main Street. I was amazed at how much there was to do inside. We even sat and watched old cartoons for quite a while. Then we followed the parade back toward the castle and sat down in the dining area just outside Tomorrow Land to view the fireworks. I had no idea that Tinker Bell was a real person coming down a cable!
It was great viewing the fireworks from there and then going in to Tomorrow Land when everyone else was coming out.
I would definitely recommend E-night. What amazed me was how fast the time went! We were walking out at 12:45am very tired, but very happy!

Everyone else has done a great job answering your questions, so I'll just chime in this: Definitely go to one if it falls during your vacation - it is so worth it. When else can you literally ride Splash Mountain again and again without waiting? All the biggies were open. If you go in summer though, take an afternoon nap. The MK generally is open until 11 or 12 and e-night is right after closing. That puts you in the park in the middle of the night. You can get groggy going from ride to ride at that hour. ;)

So, do y'all think that Friday night e-nights are generally much more crowded than other nights? My birthday (4/25) is a Friday this year, and we'll be at WDW.

1. How and where do you get tickets?
you can purchase your tickets at your participating resort, or at guest relations at the MK.
2. How many attractions are open?
Usually about 12. Last time we went these were open:
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Country Bear Jamboree, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Alien Encounter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and Astro Orbitor

To us... DEFINITELY! We have been able to ride the headliner rides in MK without long lines, blazing sun or big crowds. We get so much done, we are usually ready to leave before it even ends! Also, most of the shops on Main Street are open so you can shop, as are some of the places to grab a bite. We love doing the MK at night, and this gives us the opportunity!
Most do recommend it, though I have heard of those who have gotten stuck with an eticket night that was crowded. We have done 4 of them on 4 separate trips... some even on Friday nights, and have never had a problem with crowds (start in Frontierland and work over to Tomorrowland). Our family HIGHLY recommends it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter