• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E-Tickets on AA Website?

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We just got a great deal on plane tickets on American and did the booking on the AA site. However, e-tickets were not listed as an option...just paper tickets mailed or paper tickets fed exed. I really would prefer e-tickets, as we will be in a hurry on our return trip. We're doing a Disney cruise (as usual) and our flight is at 11:19 a.m. A couple of trips ago, the regular and curbside check-in lines were outrageous, but the e-ticket check-in was non-existent. Anyone know if e-tickets are always not an option on the website and if we can convert to them? We couldn't buy these over the phone because it was a special web fare.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Hi Barb -

If you haven't already bought the tickets, try this: Find the AA flight you want with the sale fare. Then instead of selecting "Purchase Now", pick the "Hold" option. If you are an AAdvantage member, logon with your FF number (this may save you filling out some information fields) or simply logon as Guest.

The next screen will ask for Passenger Names and Contact information. There's even an option to select your seats. When you are done, pick "Finish" and you will be given your 6-letter reservation number. This will hold you reservation for 24 hrs.

You can then call American's Web Services Reservations at 1-800-222-2377 to confirm your ressie, purchase with credit card and request E-ticketing for your flight.

I've done this lots of times. They have always honored the web fare. AA will even credit existing flight vouchers towards the fare. You just have to mail them to the DFW office.

If you already bought them, still call AA Web Services to request E-tickets.

Steve

WooHoo - I got to help BARB!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks so much for the info...I will give them a call!!
I definitely want e-tickets so we have that option for check-in, especially with such an early flight.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter