EA Question (Help Needed)

NHLHocky

Earning My Ears
I'm new to this but could someone explain how the Emerald Aisle works or make sure I have it straight so we don't have any problems when we get there. I have a reservation with Nat'l it says "Full Size or your CHOICE at the AIsle" using Coupon code and dc contract number. Now when I get to Orlando I proceed to the Emerald Aisle and pick out a car. Question part: Do I pick out a full size or if there is a minivan/suv there can we take one of them instead for the same price as the full size? Silly question part does someone help new people doiing this? I also have read where people have discrepancies on their bills so from my reading I may have to go to the counter when we return the car to resolve any problems so should we allow extra time for this - does it happen alot? Thanks - sorry so long leaving next week and want to make everything try to go smoothly.

When you get to the garage (across the street from the counter area), you can pick any car in the rows marked "Emerald Aisle". On my trip in February, there were more vans than anything else. On the trip before, there were no vans, but they had Jimmys & convertibles in addition to full size. There are usually attendants walking around if you need help. I've never had a discepancy in my bill, except for the time it was $7 less :)

Thank you for answering. Now just have to make sure hubby doesn't pick out some kind of sports car with 3 kids to fit into it. LOL.

When were there in November, we had a discrepancy in our bill. When we returned the car to Orlando airport there was an Emerald Aisle customer service rep in a booth right in the garage. She took care of everything right there. I did not have to go to the National counter inside the terminal.

That is good to know. One of the benefits that they list for the Emerald Club is to bypass the counter. It would be prudent for them to have an agent on hand to help with matters of a billing problem without having to go in and wait in a line for an agent at the counter when you were supposed to be able to bypass that.

We had reserved a full size car for May 2nd thru May 8th with EA and had choice of Aisle. There were no vans or suv's , so we pick a Buick Century Limited. It had a large trunk and was easy to drive. Check in and check out was a breeze. This time there was no mistake on the bill so we also did not have to go to the counter.

We used the EA for the first time last week. The only thing that was confusing was that the EA is NOT marked "Emerald Aisle." The signs say "Aisle Service." (We had to go and ask an attendant to make sure we were in the right place!) The EA is the first two rows, right when you walk into the garage.

We booked an Intermediate ($130 for the week after DC discount and coupon) and ended up with a 4-door Suzuki Vitara (SUV). There were no vans or convertibles on the EA that night (we arrived about 9:30 pm) but we could have chosen from many nice full-size and sports cars. Ultimately it's luck of the draw, but you'll get at least what you reserved!

And check-in and out was a breeze. Easiest car rental I've ever done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter