Eagle Pines lives!!?? ...sort of ...not as DVC!

Where exactly is this location? I know where the other Bonnet Creek development is, is this the same area?

I remember when Miceage ran this rumor last November they were talking about including a DtD type entertainment center as part of this, which that article references. How close would this be to the existing DtD?

Where exactly is this location? I know where the other Bonnet Creek development is, is this the same area?
For information about the locations, watch the video here: http://www.wesh.com/travelgetaways/11147122/detail.html

Neither project is near the Bonnet Creek Resort (which is adjacent to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort).

I remember when Miceage ran this rumor last November they were talking about including a DtD type entertainment center as part of this, which that article references. How close would this be to the existing DtD?
It's quite a distance from Downtown Disney, and it's really not a clone of Downtown Disney.

Based on today's news, it seems to be less like Downtown Disney, and more like a combination of a shopping center (like Crossroads Center) and an agglomeration of primarily lower-end chain hotels and timeshares. It will be outside the new WDW gateway on the west side of the property (north of the Animal Kingdom), just as the Crossroads Center and the Marriott Village (both developed on Disney property) are outside the WDW gateway at Hotel Plaza.

I'm with Simba's Mom -- Eagle Pines looked like it was going to be a great upscale golf vacation option at WDW.....I guess it still is except it'll be a Four Season resort.

There are more and more luxury timeshare options opening -- someone was just telling me today about one she's considering at Aspen 4 weeks per year with a buy-in around $200K.

The only hope is that this might be the beginning of some type of relationship with Four Seasons that could lead to more offsite DVC options.

Ok, Thanks Horace for the link, I finally figured out where this land is by looking at the same map here. The video map was so small I could not get my bearings.

For information about the locations, watch the video here: http://www.wesh.com/travelgetaways/11147122/detail.html

Neither project is near the Bonnet Creek Resort (which is adjacent to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort).

It's quite a distance from Downtown Disney, and it's really not a clone of Downtown Disney.

Based on today's news, it seems to be less like Downtown Disney, and more like a combination of a shopping center (like Crossroads Center) and an agglomeration of primarily lower-end chain hotels and timeshares. It will be outside the new WDW gateway on the west side of the property (north of the Animal Kingdom), just as the Crossroads Center and the Marriott Village (both developed on Disney property) are outside the WDW gateway at Hotel Plaza.

Bolding in the above quote is mine. I'm confused I guess, what exactly will be the draw to this new venture then?

Is Crossroads Center where Goodings and McDonalds are at? I'm just trying to get a handle on what it is being speculated that will end up being developed.

I just do not see the appeal of this to Disney. Are they not allowing competition onsite with the Four Seasons hotel and homes and then in the other development near AK , motels, and timeshares.:confused3

Disney can't hire enough housekeepers to keep their present hotels clean, where are these workers going to come from. Pretty soon the Disney property will be bumper to bumper traffic like the rest of Orlando.

Am I understanding this. This resort is for second vacation homes. Would the buyer purchase the unit forever, like property, or is this property like a timeshare where you only purchase a week of a unit, etc?

As for the development on the Western Beltway this is the start of the western edge of WDW becoming more developed. This should make AKV owners very happy. Soon/some day AKL and AKV will be a very desirable location.

Tonight's news carried clips of the press conference and the Eagle Pines project is to grow the upscale, luxury end of their offerings. The interesting thing is that Four Seasons fractional ownership is a deed in perpetuity. Now that goes counter to the Disney mantra of "no permanent residents" on Disney property (Celebration was de-annexed when it was built; DVC is a right to use deed). So does that mean that this project will go like Celebration or will Four Seasons offer something different here by way of ownership?

This is the Four Seasons that they are talking about coming on property.

http://www.fourseasons.com/residenceclubs/

Disney has trouble reaching 5-star levels because they are "open to the public". They don't enforce dress codes in the public areas of the GF, etc. Maybe the plan is to have an "outside" company come in with their known "style" to take if up a notch to attract the very high-end vacationer. They are really going to have to stress the golfing because (believe it or not) I don't think being at WDW will be the draw for these folks. While I don't know for sure, I'm guessing the Ritz Carlton resort must be doing very well and Disney is looking to lure folks back. Reunion may also be cutting into Disney's pie.

A more detailed news release was posted in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1374238If so, then this about kills EP as DVC, suggesting to me that Disney does not see the benefit to them in developing a golf-based DVC. Let someone else do it, apparently. I can't decide if I am disappointed or not. While I would like a golf course based DVC, I feared they were going to ruin the golf courses with it (which I guess is still very possible with these plans), and make EP way too big.

The article says it will include a golf course, not two. Sounds like either the Osprey Ridge or the Eagle Pines course is a goner. To make way for a non-Disney resort of all things! :scared1:

This is the Four Seasons that they are talking about coming on property.

http://www.fourseasons.com/residenceclubs/

Disney has trouble reaching 5-star levels because they are "open to the public". They don't enforce dress codes in the public areas of the GF, etc. Maybe the plan is to have an "outside" company come in with their known "style" to take if up a notch to attract the very high-end vacationer. They are really going to have to stress the golfing because (believe it or not) I don't think being at WDW will be the draw for these folks. While I don't know for sure, I'm guessing the Ritz Carlton resort must be doing very well and Disney is looking to lure folks back. Reunion may also be cutting into Disney's pie.

If Reunion is as nice as the Ginn Resort up by Daytona(Hammock Beach), I can see where WDW is losing the luxury customer. Much nicer decor than the DVC's or the hotels, 2-3 bedroom options.

The article says it will include a golf course, not two. Sounds like either the Osprey Ridge or the Eagle Pines course is a goner. To make way for a non-Disney resort of all things! :scared1:

Oh well, I guess Disney will lose some of my golfing dollars off-site. Not they they aren't already, DVC golf is way overpriced. The courses are nice, but not for the $$$ they charge. Much better values off-site.

That said, I hate it when they comprimise a perfectly fine course with homes right off the fairway, or destroy it altogether for development.

Did I just sniff glue or did I actually read somewhere that one of the reasons Walt Disney wanted to build a new themepark in Florida was to stop other hotels and stores from crowding around? Like what happened to Disneyland...

The reason the Bonnet Creek Resort is located where it is is because one owner would not sell to Disney (can't remember the reason) and so he sold it to another developer.

THIS fiasco is Disney actually selling to another company. My husband is also going to miss losing one of the golf courses. When I mentioned this article to him he said that there's no way he'll be able to afford to golf at a Four Seasons course. We have one in our local area and KNOW how expensive THAT one is.

Walt would be ashamed that the company HE started is going completely counter to what he wanted Disney World in Florida to be. Why don't just go ahead sell off the rest of the land that Walt bought and take away the magic of Walt Disney World while we're at it? That's what it will get to if the greedy (*children of unmarried parents) continue this way.

(*This is in no way meant as an insult to anyone. I couldn't use the word that I wanted to, so I just went to my thesaurus.)

It is good to hear that there will be some good partnership between two quality companies. I do think that the two companies goals are complementary. Disney is trying to reach a higher-end market, while the Four Seasons (with a reputation for first-class hotels) is trying to inject some youthfulness into its brand.

IMO, the Four Seasons fractional ownership is in no ways competiting with DVC. I think that the FO market caters to higher-income clientèles, because they will most likely be selling a "1/12th year" kind of ownership, with much higher initial buy-in, and also higher annual fees. This may be affordable only for those who can consider buying 2000 DVC points. For most DVC owners, a FO is not even a consideration.

Also, it is unclear how the dual branding will be executed, whether there will be any Disney "magic." If you look at the Starwood operated Dolphin/Swan, there is a real difference in execution, even though it is on Disney property. I think people have been flocking to the Dolphin and Swan as a cheaper alternative to on-site Disney properties, with some Disney amenities (transportation) available. However, I don't know if the Four Seasons will have that kind of pull for most vacationers.

Did I just sniff glue or did I actually read somewhere that one of the reasons Walt Disney wanted to build a new themepark in Florida was to stop other hotels and stores from crowding around? Like what happened to Disneyland...
I wonder if this glue is just sold in Texas, because I remember the same thing. And I remember someone on TV saying that one reason for the big explosion of hotels at WDW in the late 80s and 90s was because "people were coming to Florida and mainly they were coming for WDW" and then I read something about not wanting people to sneak off WDW property and spend their money elsewhere. Wow, this seems like such a vivid memory, like it was real!

If DVC members don't retain the privilege of golfing at Eagle Pines and/or Osprey Ridge, we may end up selling one or more of our DVC contracts and purchasing one where they have a good golf course. Those two golf courses are the main reason we have done two add-on contracts. And we were really looking forward to Eagle Pines resort that was announced.

In the case of Disneyland, Walt always knew that the land around Disneyland would be developed, his problem was the kind of developement that occured. He hated the tacky style of the buildings with the neon signs, and the mismash of styles. This will not be an issue with this developement since Disney maintains complete control.

If this was all new development, I could get excited. But the thought of Disney possible losing one of their golf courses, Eagle Pines and their finest golf course, Osprey Ridge, getting turned over to the Four Seasons is sad news to me. Disney could use a NEW golf course for a long time, to add the fine ones they have now. I really doubt the DVC golf discount will be the same in future years. Four Seasons golf courses are pretty proud, aka expensive. Please leave my Osprey Ridge alone! Another major loss I expect is the Sandtrap Restaurant. I usually eat lunch there about half of my Disney days and it has long been the best kept "secret" for great food, relaxed atmosphere and at a fair price. It hadn't had it's chefs get caught up in trying to out "foo-foo" the other Disney chefs. Too many Disney restaurants have gotten away from excellent, though basic, fare. Of well, I'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out.
Waiting for Spring,
Steeve in Iowa

I have to say I am not a big fan of the news. One of the reasons I love Disney is because you are secluded from the outside world - so to speak - and to have it right there in front of you, I don't know.

And the developments on the Western Way??? I agree with JodyTG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter