• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Breakfast & Transportation

Sc00teR

Earning My Ears
After recruiting every relative I know throughout the nation, and after putting them through commando training on how to make a reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast... ;) ...we have reservations at the castle for 8:05 a.m.

We'll be staying in Fort Wilderness, of course. So the question is how we should get to the Magic Kingdom that day. If we didn't have the early reservations, we'd just take the boat over. Is that still a good option, or should we take the car? What time should we plan on catching the boat so that we can make our breakfast?

Thanks!

-- S --

The boats don't start running til close to 8:00. So, I wouldn't take the chance with them. Plan on catching the bus by 7:20 or so and you'll be fine! :D

I'm curious about this also. When we were at FW in May, we had a 7:30 a.m. PS for Boma. This was our first visit without our van, so I wanted to be clear on all things concerning transportation. I called before we left home to inquire on how we were supposed to get there so early. I was given a special number that would dial directly to the transportation office. I immediately hung up and called them for more info. I was told by them to call the day before to remind them that we would be needing the character bus. When I called the day before, I was told that I needed to call again at 7 a.m. the next morning. Apparently that was when they opened. I called them once again at exactly 7 a.m. from my cell phone, since we were in the RV. I was afraid to call them one minute late, because I was afraid we wouldn't make it to AKL on time. I was then told that they had no special buses for the breakfasts, but the buses would start running shortly. I explained to them that I had heard of people taking a special bus to early PS, (read it on the DIS), but they still insisted that there was no such thing. :confused: We arrived at the PH bus stop at 7:05, as soon as I got off the phone with them. The first bus going to AK/ AKL didn't arrive until 7:30. No character bus at all. :mad: Fortunately for us, Boma wasn't full and we were seated anyway.

We have an 8:30 a.m. PS for the Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot for Aug. 10th, and were told to be at the main entrance to Epcot at 8 a.m. I'm wondering what will be the best way to get there. I've have heard of others riding the character bus since we returned. Maybe I just spoke to the wrong person. :confused: So if anyone knows exactly what time the transportation to Epcot starts running, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm afraid that if we arrive late for the Princess Storybook breakfast, we won't be seated. :( ScOOteR, sorry to impose on your thread. :o Sorry so long and thanks for any info.

Considering CRT is a special event for the little princess or prince in your family why not drive over to either the GF or Contemp and valet park there? Then take the monorail over from either resort or walk in from the Contemp?

Hi, We had early reservations at the castle when we stayed in the wilderness homes. I was worried about missing my reservation because the buses didn't start early enough. We called the front desk and they sent a car over to the cabin. I couldn't believe it but he drove us right into Magic kingdom. We didn't need to take the boat or monorail. It was great. Check with them at the front desk when you check in maybe they can arrange the same thing.

Unfortunately I have no answers for you either. I was hoping that someone will come on here and answer them all - and a few more!!!

What is the preferred method of transportation (and the earliest) from Fort Wilderness to each of the Disney Parks?

But I need the answer also about getting over for an early PS for Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

We've never had a problem with catching the bus from FW to the parks earlier than park-opening time. The buses starting running quite early - usually around 7am. If you need to get going earlier than that, call the front desk, and they will send a car or van to pick you up and deliver you to your park! :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter