• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early check-in?

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
I don't know whether to book the DLH for four or five nights (BTW, Expedia has stay four nights, get the last night free!). Here's the quandry--the first day (10/12, Wednesday) is our resort play day (swim at the Neverland Pool). We are doing Universal the day before, so we will probably drive to DL after Universal that Tuesday night as opposed to fighting the Wednesday morning traffic. I plan on doing the Lilo & Stitch character bkfst on Wednesday morning (10:30-ish) to kick off our DL portion of the trip, and then just swimming the rest of the day. Check-in time at DLH is 3:00p, which if we don't check-in until Wednesday, then swimming can't begin until late afternoon. I wonder if they would let us at least start swimming around 12:00p or so? This would save us at least $100, depending on what neighbor hotel we choose. However, my husband is not real keen on the idea of changing hotels--he'd rather just get in one spot and stay there--however, $100 is a big savings. I guess I'm trying to decide if a few extra hours in the pool (assuming they won't let us start swimming early) is worth the extra money?

Thanks for your help!

I've checked in early plenty of times, but never to use the pool, usually I head to the parks. I know they will give you all your documents and hold your bags, so I don't see why they wouldn't let you swim.

absolutely you can swim ... check the majority of your bags with bell services and just bring your swim things with you. there is a changing room at the cove pool at DLH and towels are provided. pretty sure there's lockers too if you need one.
there's plenty to do at DLH ... big pool with slide + hot tub, two smaller "cove" pools with small playground and beach area.
game room and snack bar ... also the little jungle cruise boats that you can drive. dont forget to explore the waterfalls and koi pond area. you can basically do all of this in your bathing suits coz its mostly outdoors... and very casual

cove pool area opens at 7am and neverland pool opens at 9am

btw ... we checked in to DLH on monday 2/14 at 7:45 am
we're planning on stashing our bags and heading to the park ... but our room was available. was a pleasant surprise!

have fun!!

There is no way you can not "check-in" as soon as you arrive at the Resort. You may or may not be able get your room when you do but you can always check your baggage and I am sure they will be able to give you a key for the pool gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter