"Early Entry" for Onsite Resorts

Anjelica

DIS Veteran
I know that DL/DCA both have certain days they open a section of the park (TT, etc.) early for those that have tickets for those sections/events, but I also recently read where they tested out that if you stayed onsite that you didn't have to have those designated tickets. However, I can't find out if they ever made that "test" into a permanent feature of staying onsite?

Not sure I understand. You do have to have vouchers for TTMM whether you stay on site or not. You can get MM everyday it is offfered on T and S days if you show your hotel key along with your park ticket.
I have not heard about any other way of getting admission. I am sure someone else will chime in.

Jack

I am not fully understanding either. In addition to what Jack said, all guests of all 3 DLR hotels have access to the DCA entrance in the GCH before DCA opens in the morning, but no more than 1/2 hour before, and sometimes less than that. And there are only limited areas you can go to at that point - such as Soarin', which you can ride before the park opens. You have to show your Room Key and Hopper/ticket/AP to get in through the GCH entrance early in the morning. Later in the day, anyone can use that entrance and they don't have to be onsite guests or show a Room Key.

If you get into DCA 30 minutes before park opening, other than Soarin', pretty much only the front area is open to walk around in. And in DL, you can shop on Main Street a wee bit before the park opens on certain days, I think (though I have never done it).

I am not fully understanding either. In addition to what Jack said, all guests of all 3 DLR hotels have access to the DCA entrance in the GCH before DCA opens in the morning, but no more than 1/2 hour before, and sometimes less than that. And there are only limited areas you can go to at that point - such as Soarin', which you can ride before the park opens. You have to show your Room Key and Hopper/ticket/AP to get in. Later in the day, anyone can use that entrance and they don't have to be onsite guests or show a Room Key.

If you get into DCA 30 minutes before park opening, other than Soarin', pretty much only the front area is open to walk aorund in. And in DL, you can shop on Main Street a wee bit before the park opens on certain days, I think (though I have never done it).

Just to clarify what Sherry wrote, DCA opens 30 minutes early -- with Soarin being the only attraction open --for ALL guests, not just on-site guests. The on-site guests may enter through the GCH private entrance.

MM is available for all on-site guests every day it is available by showing your room key at entry. They began this perk during the 50th anniversary, and have kept it as an unadvertised perk ever since.

I think some confusion resulted when DL renamed Early Entry - it is now called Morning Magic or Madness anyway, "MM" - if you stay at a resort OR you get certain package deals (such as COSTCO or AAA) you will get Morning Magic entry into the park. MM is on T and S days - Tuesday - Thursday and Saturday - Sunday, every week. If you are at a resort on those days, you get in an hour early (to Fantasyland).

Another early opening occurs for Toontown, and this you must purchase or have as part of your package, it is not automatic. ON some days Toontown opens an hour earlier if you have a ticket for this.

I am not familiar with DCA hours, as we always go there later in the day, but many experienced peeps have already posted that information.

So, if we stay at Paradise Pier, we do not need our MM ticket we get with a package? Then we can pass it on to someone else, correct? That would be awesome if we can! :thumbsup2 Does staying on site get you into Early Entry in Toon Town too?

So, if we stay at Paradise Pier, we do not need our MM ticket we get with a package? Then we can pass it on to someone else, correct? That would be awesome if we can! :thumbsup2 Does staying on site get you into Early Entry in Toon Town too?

Both answers are found in my MM super thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1675403

How? For onsite guests, each guest must show their "Key to the Magic" card. This is just a fancy name for your room key, which you can also use to charge in-park purchases. It is given to each member of your party at check-in with the dates of your stay and that person's name. You also need a valid source of admission ticket for entrance. For guests staying offsite, you enter just like you would normally and the MM is deducted from your ticket. For all guests, there is no extra piece of paper or voucher needed for MM. Just your ticket and if you are staying onsite, your room key.

Therefore, you cannot "pass" your MM off to another person.

Is MM the same as Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness?
No, Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness (MTTMM) is ONLY for people who buy packages from AAA, Costco, Disney, etc. MTTMM is entry into Mickey's Toontown one hour before it opens. Since Mickey's Toontown usually opens one hour after official park opening, MTTMM often begins at official park opening. Different to MM days, MTTMM is offered on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, making Saturday the only day in which both MM and MTTMM is offered.

I think some confusion resulted when DL renamed Early Entry - it is now called Morning Magic or Madness anyway, "MM" - if you stay at a resort OR you get certain package deals (such as COSTCO or AAA) you will get Morning Magic entry into the park. MM is on T and S days - Tuesday - Thursday and Saturday - Sunday, every week. If you are at a resort on those days, you get in an hour early (to Fantasyland).

Another early opening occurs for Toontown, and this you must purchase or have as part of your package, it is not automatic. ON some days Toontown opens an hour earlier if you have a ticket for this.

I am not familiar with DCA hours, as we always go there later in the day, but many experienced peeps have already posted that information.

Yes, it is confusing, but early entry is called Magic Morning (no word "madness" there), but it does sound similar to Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness, which alot of people abbreviate into Morning Madness..... Magic Morning and Morning Madness.....They sound so much alike....What was Disney thinking?...:)

The Magic Morning included with your 3+ day PH is not on a seperate voucher but incoded in your ticket. Therefore you can't pass it on.

The Magic Morning included with your 3+ day PH is not on a seperate voucher but incoded in your ticket. Therefore you can't pass it on.

As stated, not your MM but you can pass on the MTTMM voucher to someone else. I did.

Jack

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! You guys have definetly cleared it up for me. I really appreciate it. I was getting the MM confused with Mickey's Toontown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter