Early entry worth it?

steen995

We leave in a couple hours. Woo hoo!! The friends I'm going with are planning entry one day. I've never actually used early entry. Is it worth it, or are the rides that are open early just that much more crowded because only a few rides are open?

Just curious what to expect. :sunny:

While I've never had the opportunity for EE, I would think it's very helpful, especially for the Fantasyland rides. Not that many people have EE, so you can get a lot done in a short time. At least that's what the trip reports I've seen say.

Very MUCH worth it!!!! the "X" Family was able to ride Peter Pan a couple of times in a row. Virtually all of the Fantasy Rides had practically no wait! I also rode Space Mountain twice in a row as well! :thumbsup2 Of course keep in mind we always go during the summer time so it was very crowded when the parks opened up.

If you can get to the gate a little early, EE is very much worth it - unless you have no interest in FantasyLand. If you want to do EE, here is what I would recommend:

1. Have your body in line at the DL gate at least 15 minutes before EE starts - 30 minutes would be better.

2. Go directly to FantasyLand

3. You can pick and choose your rides, but the two whose lines will fill up fastest are Peter Pan and Dumbo. After that it is Alice in Wonderland and Matterhorn.

4. Do not use EE time to ride Space Mtn or Buzz Lightyear. You can get FastPasses for these and ride them any time of day with a short line. Not so with the Fantasyland rides.

Thanks! Peter Pan and Dumbo are what my little guys are wanting to do. Sounds like I'll definately be doing EE.

Ive heard both sides of the debate if its good. Its good in the sense that you can get on the peter pan ride, and all the other kiddy rides quite quickly, which would be a mile long during the rest of the day. But i've also heard that its not worth it unless you have little kids. :confused3

In my opinion I think it would be worth it to just check it out anyways. Get some of the longer rides done first before you wait all day in the heat and crowds.

We did EE early nov. this year and I was glad I did, this was nov. 11 and it really helped to blitz Fantasyland in one go, no lines, we even did Space mountain, Buzz lightyear and Star Tours with a little line!

I would say if you've got little kids do it...if you can get up early. Probably won't be a problem for you as little kids are usually early risers. I say a great idea if you've got young kids because fantasyland is packed during the day.

U R SO LUCKY!! I'm very jealous.

I think early entry to MK is worth it!! There is nothing better than walking in and being the one of very few on main street. It's your opportunity to REALLY take it in. ALso great photo opps.

You can ride some of the rides over and over again. Early EMH is always not near as busy as late EMH...but, then again - it's only an hour - whereas night EMH is for 3 hours.

We also did early Epcot - very worth it.

Have fun! One thing though - don't try to do late EMH and expect to get up the next am.

We ended up at MK one night until 2 am (my DD-4 did SO good!) and we slept til 1 PM the next day!!!!!!!

YOu have to balance out what's worth it to you and your family - because the next day was def.ly wasted - went to DTD for the afternoon.

HydroGuy said:
If you can get to the gate a little early, EE is very much worth it - unless you have no interest in FantasyLand. If you want to do EE, here is what I would recommend:

1. Have your body in line at the DL gate at least 15 minutes before EE starts - 30 minutes would be better.

2. Go directly to FantasyLand

3. You can pick and choose your rides, but the two whose lines will fill up fastest are Peter Pan and Dumbo. After that it is Alice in Wonderland and Matterhorn.

4. Do not use EE time to ride Space Mtn or Buzz Lightyear. You can get FastPasses for these and ride them any time of day with a short line. Not so with the Fantasyland rides.

#4....good point!!!

We really got some good use out of our EE. When we went, August 2006, our kids were 5 and 2, and we left around noon, maybe a little later, had a McDonald's lunch at the hotel, then took a family nap. We were able to get up after a few hours and spend more time in the parks. It helped that we had FastPasses from the morning, too. (did you know you don't have to use your Fastpasses by the end time?) The family nap in the middle of the day really helped.

We always take advantage of early entry. This last trip, my kids were 13 and 10 and only interested in going on a couple Fantasyland rides which we could do with no line. Then we'd head over to Tomorrowland, ride Buzz several times in a row (yes, we're addicted and need to get our fix!) and then get in our first ride of the day on Space Mountain, grabbing fastpasses for both Space and Buzz immediately after (we had the enhanced fastpass option) followed by a leasurely breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace. We really like this start to the day! :thumbsup2

I don't think they have late entry at DL or GCA.

The early entry there is really worth it, i've never found the rides to be busy. What's fun is watching the rope drop from the other side as well and just watching everybody run for their favorite rides. Its such an exciting atmosphere :).

Have a great time!

Yes.

Everyone else already has it covered. :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip! pirate:

Definately worth it! In the summer I walked on to Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Mad Tea Party, and Splash Mountain all before the park opened!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter