Early Morning Activities

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
We’ll be coming in from the East Coast with a toddler and dealing with a six hour time change (oof!) I can guarantee she and my other kids will be waking up very early. What activities could we do in the early morning? I am assuming we will be up and ready by 5 AM. I’m hoping to schedule our early activities (like a 7 AM bird watching tour) the first few days while we adjust. Are there any attractions that open early? What are the pool hours?

Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, and Hanauma Bay are best done early in the morning. You may not be visiting these places with young kids but if you were planning to, I'd schedule them at the start of your trip. We also did a 9am tour at Kualoa Ranch, which required us to be there at 8:15 for check-in. Because of the travel distance and traffic, we left Aulani at 6:45 which worked out just right, so that might be another option. Dole Plantation is also best done when they open, which I believe is 9:30. I would give about 45 minutes to an hour to get there during rush hour.

We also had a 6 hour time difference adjustment. Our first night, we were out by 8pm and wide awake by 5am the next morning. It got a little easier each day, and I'd say we were fully adjusted by day 3. We stayed in Waikiki during our first few days, so there were lots of options for walking around, grabbing coffee, etc. A lot of others were out and about that early, likely in the same time change boat as us. Aulani doesn't seem to have as many options for things to do or see at the resort at that time. I don't know what time the pool opens, but I know you have to be with your stuff at the pool before 8am or risk having it removed - so maybe 8am?

The pools open around 8 or 9 but it believe that might change seasonally.

I have been travelling to Hawaii with my kids since they were very little. My son was one on his first trip and he was already a routine early riser at home (we are from Toronto) I clearly remember him popping up out of the bed at 2am Hawaii time which was his wake up time at home. He had a huge grin on his face, was a little hungry but really just wanted to play! I gotta say, that was a hard learned lesson for travelling with kids through time zones for me. There really isnt much open for food super early either so I make sure I stop before we get to our hotel to get muffins, fruit, granola bars etc for a snacky breakfast on the first day as well as milk for my tea and for my hubbys coffee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter