Early Roll Call for 10-31-04 Happy Halloween Cruise aboard the Wonder !!

OMG! I am so excited to have found this thread!!

We are also cruising Halloween 2004. Dad-28, Mom-28, Girl-5(turning 6) and Boy 3.

Bauerbandt- DD will also have a birthday Nov. 5th when we are in DisneyWorld. She will be 6 and our son is 3.

marley- We are 1.5 hours from you in Atkinson, NC. We say we are from Wilmington as that is where we were born and lived there most of our lives. We ARE true southerners!!:smooth:

those without kids- Thank you so much for offering to give our kids a T-O-T opportunity! We love candy and MOM and DAD will be dressed up too!!!! This is going to be soooo fun! Thanks again!

those cruising for the first time- There is nothing like cruising and you will have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE! We are hooked and we have sailed twice but this is our first Disney and first with kids! WONDER how it will be??? Can't wait to see you all there!!!!

welcome Ihave2kids!

Wow, this is great! Almost all of our kids are the same age so hopefully they will have lots of buddies in the Kid's Club!

What a great place to live, near the beach. We are headed to Wilmington next weekend and I'm hoping it is warm enough for the kids to at least play in the sand on the beach. I was there two weeks ago and although it was warm, it was too windy in Wrightsville!

You will love the Disney cruise ship! It is beautiful and the service can't be beat.

Marley

MARLEY,

R U coming for the Azalea Festival which is next weekend, April 1-4? If you've never been, it is great....parade, circus, all the festivities!

The kids ARE all in the same age range. That will be great! My daugther keeps asking what she is going to dress up as. We have a $60.00 recital outfit which is a princess that I vote for....of course, she probably won't 2nd that vote! We used a outfit from last year's recital for last Halloween that was MINNIE MOUSE. What a great way to get some money's worth!

yes and no. We are actually driving down to meet up with my Grandmother for dinner as she passes through town and then found out it was Azalea Festival weekend so we might try to head downtown for an hour or two and take the kids. They've never been and I haven't been since I think 1995!!!

My son is the king of dress up so I am trying to convince him to wear a costume he already has, but knowing him, I'll have to buy a new one! My daughter is easier. She has lots of costumes as well and likes to create her own look. As for me, I have a Millificent (not sure how to spell it, she is the bad guy in Sleeping Beauty) costume so I will probably wear that unless I attempt to be creative :teeth:

Marley

We will also be cruising on Halloween '04 on the Wonder. Actually, I am bgomes sister. My 3 children are looking forward to Trick-or-Treating on the ship if they have it. We'd be interested in handing out candy as well.:Pinkbounc

welcome Iholman!

There is a TOT held by DCL on the ship but from what I've read, it is very crowded and the candy handed out is all the same piece of chocolate. Those that sail on the Magic every year have always had their own TOT organized as well so the kid's aren't disappointed with their haul :) They usually do it around 2 in the afternoon so I'm not sure how we are going to organize it since we actually sail that day and many people still won't be on board at. I'll have to figure that out the closer we get to the cruise but I'm sure we can come up with something.

There is also an adult costume contest and a family costume contest. There are usually Kid's club activities relating to Halloween but not sure how many of those will be offered for our kids since we are actually leaving on Halloween and the club doesn't start offering activities until the early evening.

Marley

I would like to welcome our new members to the group !! we now have 8 families who are posting to the group so we are growing. I will also be having a birthday on november 5th . and I see someone else is also. although my wife and I dont have children, I hope we all will give out candy so the little ones are not disappointed. I know we will be doing so. the halloween party should be lots of fun. Disney definintely knows how to do cruises in style and nearly all kids love the activities. I would like to do a monthly newsletter to exchange information about the disney cruising experience and get to know each other a little more. if you think it is a good idea, you can e mail me at acrucifer@AOL.COM and I will get this newsletter going. it might be interesting for example to see where we will all be coming from when we all meet in florida and what kind of excursions we find interesting at nassua. think about it.

Marley: just an idea-- if you were able to get an idea of what time most people plan to be aboard, you could figure something out from there (I know it's still early)

acrucifer: good idea!. maybe some of the kids would be interested in starting an "e-mail pen pal" program among themselves (with Mom and Dad's help of course).

There seem to be a lot of birthdays during our cruise.

Happy sails

bgnomes: good idea. I know I plan to be on board right away so I can get my full moneys worth :) My kids would also love email pen pals!

acrucifer: the newsletter sounds great. I'm sending you my email address and thanks for doing this.

Marley

I also think we should plan to have a wine, cheese, beer party for a couple of hours aboard the wonder where we could meet and talk. I would be especially interested to meet the big scary tattooed guy from texas. who couldnt love Texas, the home of Hank Hill. anyway, I digress. perhaps we could all start thinking about where on the wonder would be a good place to have our soiree, if you will. deck 9 near the pool ? in the piano lounge ? the bar ? on deck 4 where the lounge chairs are located ? what do you think ? our first newsletter should have a theme, any ideas ? I know you are all creative thinkers so give it a try.

We are flying in the day before we cruise, and also plan to be onboard as soon as we can also.

We're staying at Radisson at the Port Saturday night, and will be taking their shuttle in the morning. We'll be doing Disney World after the cruise.

We are going on our first ever cruise. We have a large group (11). Myself, DH, DS 12, DS 10. Both my parents. my DS, her dh, DS 8, DD 3, DS 2. So glad there is a group. My husband and I will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary Nov. 3rd! Love the idea of the newsletter too!

thanks marley, this has given me some ideas and I like the competition. since we are on the wonder, perhaps we should do things bigger and better than on the magic. newsletter will come out within the next week. since I have not received any ideas on what to call the newsletter, I have decided to go with " Our not so scary halloween cruise 2004 " . personally, I could think of more interesting names, but this is a family message board, so we will go with a more appropriate image. within a week, we will have the newsletter out and will plan an excursion for all dis group members on castway cay, so stay tuned for that.

I agree, thanks for doing this. What a "wonder"ful name for the newsletter. Can't wait to see it

Welcome TROD and anyone else who will be joining us.

the first edition of our newsletter has been e mailed. although we have 9 or 10 members on this thread, I received only 4 email addresses . if anyone wants the newsletter, simply send me a email to acrucifer@aol.com and I will make sure you receive one. enjoy. we tried to include some information that would be helpful to all. talk ya soon. the next issue will be out in may.

sorry if this duplicates any info. you may already have but...we were on the Magic Halloween Cruise 2001 and with the help of several fellow diz families we did several things that made our trip extra special:

a trick or treat group was set up among the kids that was far better than the cruise offered ( before departure, once everyone had their cabin assignment, a map was made that went up deck by deck, the cabin doors were also premarked with signs made up by another family member-we met as a group for a group photo-then the trek began, we ended up sharing lunch at the buffet).

A block of tables were requested ahead of time for dinners-again cabin numbers were provided to one person ahead of time and a request was made to put us all on the same rotation.

One cruiser surprised us with I.D. badges on the type of neckband used in most workplaces-it listed our DIZ user name-so we were able to easily identify our on-line friends.

Those of us who were staying in Port Canaveral the night before departure compared notes on what motel we were staying at so we might meet ahead of time.

Last but not least-our kids (like most) had to miss some school for the trip and their teachers wanted them to do a project-we all agreed to bring postcards from our hometowns to share among the kids in our group, and then shared any information the kids wanted about where we were from.

If I can share anymore info., answer any questions-just let me know.

hey, thanks. those are pretty good suggestions. I will be sure to incorporate them into our next newsletter. I am very curious about what other members of this group think. anyone ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter