• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

East & West homes???

simonmunro

DIS Veteran
I read a thread the other day, now I can't find it but some were talking about ukky areas they had to drive through to arrive at some of the vacation homes? Could someone expand on this a bit and remind if East or West is preferrable? Thanks.

Hi Simon. I recently started obsessively researching rental homes for our October trip. West of Disney is the better area although there might be less expensive rentals on the east side. I got some fabulous tips from robinrs here on the boards as well as a long posting about home rentals which you can probably find just by scrolling down a little bit. www.floridaleisure.com (tracey is the contact there and has been wonderful emailing back and forth with me trying to find the exact house to rent.) Also www.closesttodisney.com has some really fabulous properties. I spoke to Simon (referred by robinrs) and he answered tons of questions for me. It's really a fun process, but it does take a while to sort through everything available. I know others swear by using private homes (www.vrbo.com is a great site for this), but i wasn't crazy about the deposit and paying 8 weeks ahead of vacation. So good luck and have fun! I can't wait to have all the extra space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter