Easter at Disney World Resort

mrs705

Mouseketeer
Hi all. My kids are bigger 10, 14 and 14yrs. but still as crazy for Disney as I am. We like to visit every year or every other year. For Easter, even though they are big we do some fun stuff at home since they were little and I continue even though they are big cause it makes them feel special. I just fill them with more age appropriate things. A jelly bean trail always follows to where the baskets are and then an egg hunt. Since we will be at the World and I can't bring their baskets with us I was wondering if you all had some thoughts on what I can do in the room to surprise them? thanks for some ideas.

Don’t be surprised if some of the resorts do something for the children like candy, games etc. You should contact the hotel you are staying at. On Halloween when I was there, the BC/YC had games, candy, cooking s’mores etc. lots of fun.

We were at WDW for Easter a few years ago... we stayed at SSR and they had fun things going on most of the day! MK had an Easter parade and Epcot had a giant Easter egg hunt and you could buy a map/stickers for $5 and when you found the character-themed egg in each country, you put your sticker on the map. Once you found them all, you turned in your map for a prize at the gift shop. My kids were little at the time so we brought some stuff for their "baskets" from the Easter Bunny that we bought at home. Mostly Disney themed things, or things they could use on vacation. New beach towel, sun glasses, flip flops, a couple toys... and then my husband escaped to Epcot the night before to grab the maps/stickers so those could be from the Bunny as well. We made it cute and fun for them, even though we were in a different place :)

We were there this past Easter week(‘19). Well, we flew out very early on Easter Sunday and were there the week leading up. At YC they had baskets you could customize and also Easter candies you could buy - these were only out & visible for 2-3 days. This was the first year my two (15 & 12) didn’t get an official visit from the Easter bunny and my 12 year was royally ticked. Lol
Between the market and front desk they should be able to help you.

Not a surprise, but Epcot had an Eggstravaganza hunt thru the World Showcase. You purchase a map with stickers and hunt for the eggs in each country. I believe it cost about $6- 7. Many complained about price, but our family loved it since we were in Epcot most evenings. They did a similar hunt at Christmas time (wreaths featuring Chip & Dale) which we also loved.

Since we will be at the World and I can't bring their baskets with us I was wondering if you all had some thoughts on what I can do in the room to surprise them? thanks for some ideas.

You can get small Easter bags to pack if you still want to do a basket. I used to to do this for DD when she was younger with school vacations lining up with Easter. I just packed a fold-able basket and small presents. You don't say which hotel you'll be at but when the resort activity calendars come at the beginning of April, you can see what activities will be offered that day. Just google WDW resort activity calendars. Usually, there are candy scrambles where they divide the kids by age and let them run out to pick up candy in the grass and characters out to meet and take photos with. If you don't want to pack anything, the resorts will have baskets but they are geared towards younger children.

If this link works, here is an example of one of the activity schedules at a hotel from last year.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-S996Vfb/0/O/i-S996Vfb-O.jpg

When we went for Easter in 2018, I brought Easter treats with me in my luggage. When the kids woke up on Easter morning there were Easter treats around the room, a note from the Easter bunny and a plush Stitch for one and plush Mickey for the other. They loved it but they were younger than your kids. I will probably try to do something similar this year.

We stayed at BC last year and the had a counter that made baskets for us. I shopped at some of the gift shops and they added in whatever I bought. Then Easter morning they drop the baskets by the room door, knock, and run. It was super cute and the kids loved it! Not sure if that’s at every resort or just BC.
They did have activities on the beach with the candy scramble divided by age groups. The Easter egg hunt was on the beach and disastrous if you had little ones because the older kids ran around and grabbed every egg possible despite the fact they gave you a limit and asked the older kids not to do that. I wish they’d divide that by age too! I know my 14yo did not participate in that because he wanted the little ones to have the opportunity.

My kids are teens now and we also do a basket with candy/gifts and egg hunt. But last year we were away so I just got them a card and gave them each a gift card for something they love. Gift cards are always a hit with teens.

When we went on a Disney cruise over Easter we took the Easter basket stuff with us but put those items in a specialty pillow case for each DS which was easy to bring home on the plane and they could use on their beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter