Easter baskets at Disney

LeahE

Earning My Ears
We are traveling to Disney in April and will be there for Easter (beginning of trip). We are flying so we can’t take Easter baskets. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to make it somewhat Disney themed but not spend a fortune since we already are! I would rather go light on candy and have things they can use on the trip. My daughters are still believers at ages 10 and 8! Thanks so much in advance!

You can get collapsible cloth baskets at craft stores and target etc. We did “Easter backpacks” at Disney so they could use them on the trip and filled them with a Disney gift card for them to spend, Disney pajamas, a card for the Disney arcade (not sure if those are open), a small Disney hip sack to wear at the park, glow bracelets and assorted little things that kids like to mess with like kinder eggs.We also included a tube of m and m minis because we load the empty tubes with quarters and pennies for penny smashing at the parks.

Have something shipped to your resort. You can build your own and ship or order from many online (Amazon, Walmart, Target) or specialty brand and even local Disney area options for delivery.

You can reference Disney Floral & Gift site for ideas not a good price value.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/perfectlypinkeasterbunnybasket.do?sortby=ourPicks&carousel=true

Dave

Have something shipped to your resort. You can build your own and ship or order from many online (Amazon, Walmart, Target) or specialty brand and even local Disney area options for delivery.

You can reference Disney Floral & Gift site for ideas not a good price value.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/perfectlypinkeasterbunnybasket.do?sortby=ourPicks&carousel=true

Dave
I have heard they charge now for deliveries. Do you know if that’s true and if so how much? Was curious bc OP was mentioning cost.

Some possibilities include character autograph books and pens, sunglasses, belly bags, hat/head coverings, hair bands and I guess gift cards have replaced Disney dollars now.

I have heard they charge now for deliveries. Do you know if that’s true and if so how much? Was curious bc OP was mentioning cost.
Yes there is now a $6 delivery for Bell Services to bring delivered items to your room. However you can pick-up your package(s) from Bell Services and avoid that minimum fee.

Note: this is not for your luggage only for packages that would require a separate delivery to your room and yes you must be in the room to receive the delivery.

Dave

As another option, there are some furloughed CMs offering gift basket/Easter basket deliveries to resorts. Search for the group “Ear for Each Other” on Facebook if interested. I saw some offer to meet folks in the lobby, which will help to avoid the Bell Services fee (which I’ve incurred even when picking up my own package at the desk - it was not delivered to my room as a PP said).

We don't usually go at Easter because our Fl APs are blacked out, but once we went and spent the night at the Swan just to have Easter brunch and see the decorated eggs at GF. The Swan/Dolphin had some beautiful pre-made Easter baskets for what I considered a reasonable (by Disney standards) price.

But I would probably just do as others have suggested and pack the stuff myself. You can always shop for some trinkets to add once there.

We've been doing Easter in Disney for many years, and plan to again this year! When the kids were younger, I always packed some things from home but then also bought some specialty items in Disney. One time I found Disney Vera bags here at home and brought them to Disney to use as the "baskets." That was a super easy year because I pre-stuffed the bags at home and then just hid them in my luggage. All I had to do was buy a few trinkets in Disney and stuff them in the bags.

Another year, I used a couple of simple drawstring bags as the Easter baskets (again, I brought from home). My kids ended up taking those bags to water parks, so they did get use afterward!

Another time, we were at the BC and they had tables set up outside of the store where they were putting together baskets with the tight plastic over them. It was a little pricy, but it was fun to pick out a bunch of items in the store and then just give the CM to put it all together. The only hard part was hiding them in our room the night before. They offered to deliver them Easter morning and I probably should've done that.

As my kids got older (girls), we stayed at the GF and I went in the gift stores there and bought a bunch of stuff (bath bombs, soap, etc.) and the store had very pretty pastel-colored bags that they wrapped nicely with a bow and I used those as "Easter baskets"! That was fun too. I picked up some earrings and other little things too and added them to the bags.

Some possibilities include character autograph books and pens, sunglasses, belly bags, hat/head coverings, hair bands and I guess gift cards have replaced Disney dollars now.
I wouldn't bother with autograph books since there are no character meets. Even when they do have them, you have no contact with the characters. They could do away with them in the future and just give you a signed card.

A few years ago we stayed at the WL for Easter. Like someone else said, the gift shop was able to make a basket with things I picked. They had actual baskets to fill. I don’t remember the cost of the basket, but I know it was a fee for the basket and then the cost of whatever I selected in the store. They even held the basket and delivered Easter morning. They knocked, left the baskets, then left to make it look like they just appeared at our door. Not sure they’d still do that with covid.23A51F71-CF2B-49C3-92D2-4FC2183BC535.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter