Easter Crowds Thoughts

wilkydelts

Be Realistic, Be Happy
So I am interested what people believe crowd levels will be regarding the week before and after Easter. Normally those are two of the highest weeks each year which is why AP holders for every level but the highest are Blocked Out. So I looked into AP information and the same Block Out restrictions apply this year. Right now on the reservation availability calendar the weeks before and after Easter are completely green for AP holders.

Therefore since the bulk of people regularly attending the parks are AP holders and we really do not know how the average person (Disney's biggest customer base) feels about traveling right now whether health or money related, will those weeks actually be unexpectedly low or will they reach the 40ish% capacity limits regardless of AP visitors?

Part of the reason for the usual Easter rush is a big influx of visitors from the UK over their 2-week Easter break.

That won't be happening this year.

Not sure how significant that will be compared to domestic Easter demand and capacity constraints though.

I am surprised at how cheap flights still are around Easter, so that may be reflective of how busy things will be.

I think it'll still reach capacity just like it dis over Christmas and during most holiday weekends. The weeks on either side of Easter are still the most popular weeks for Spring Break from most school systems and many families will still travel.

I think it will be busy. DHS is already fully booked for non AP holders for several days over those 2 weeks. I’m going the week before Easter so selfishly I hope I’m wrong.

I'd say check in about how things are this weekend. HS fully booked a few days, MK fully booked 2/14, AK (yes, AK) fully booked 2/15. This weekend may be the test of "can you hop to a park that was fully booked". We have the unfortunate confluence of Presidents' Week and Mardi Gras together.

This weekend does not relate to those two weeks because there is no AP blackout this weekend

We'll be there a day before Easter and then the week after. First time we'll be going ever at this time of year. I'm expecting crowds. You could say I'm taking a 'girding my loins' approach and if it ends up not being as crowded as expected, I'll get to be pleasantly surprised.

I still think it will be busy- sure, international visitors can’t come here (at least easily), but people from the US can’t exactly get out of the country easily either. Both my employer and my husband’s employer have major restrictions on international travel.

I am thinking it will be crowded! Dining is hard to get, park reservations are getting filled up, many resorts are hard to get. Here in Utah we have spring break March 27-2 and the flights are packed.

Anyone who thinks it will not be crowded well good luck.

I am thinking it will be crowded! Dining is hard to get, park reservations are getting filled up, many resorts are hard to get. Here in Utah we have spring break March 27-2 and the flights are packed.

Anyone who thinks it will not be crowded well good luck.

Those are some pretty broad claims making it sound much worse than it is.

Certain dining is hard to get no matter the week because of limitations. Not specific to those Easter weeks

The only park on those two weeks to be filled as of now (and it will open more spots once it gets closer to help balance things) is HS. Everything else is green for all three Groups.

You can still book Value resorts those weeks which show rooms vacancy is not an issue.

It may end up being crowded but the evidence right now does not support it to be like a “normal” Easter window.

Those are some pretty broad claims making it sound much worse than it is.

Certain dining is hard to get no matter the week because of limitations. Not specific to those Easter weeks

The only park on those two weeks to be filled as of now (and it will open more spots once it gets closer to help balance things) is HS. Everything else is green for all three Groups.

You can still book Value resorts those weeks which show rooms vacancy is not an issue.

It may end up being crowded but the evidence right now does not support it to be like a “normal” Easter window.
I never said normal Easter... nothing is normal right now... I said crowded. I went last October and all of the things I stated were the same as now during my fall break and it was crowded. But hey what do I know.

I was there Oct 21-26, got all the dining and resort reservations I hoped for. In fact it was one of the best Disney trips I have ever had and it was not crowded at all. Waits varied but never longer than around 50 minutes. If Easter weeks are like October I will be the happiest “child” in Disney

I think it will be busy. DHS is already fully booked for non AP holders for several days over those 2 weeks. I’m going the week before Easter so selfishly I hope I’m wrong.

FWIW I was able to switch my park on the 6th yesterday to DHS as an onsite guest.

No way to really know. Too many variables. But thoughts by all are interesting to read. I just want to be able to purchase an AP. :)

I will be surprised if the parks are not at or close to capacity (whatever that number is then).
Not having overseas guests may decrease the numbers slightly.

I think Christmas is the best comparison since there were AP blockouts then. It was crowded, but actually by all reports around then, not too bad. I looked at the wait times in the app that week and they were better than on my October trip on a weekend. APs really do make a quite a difference, but again, mostly on weekends. I think the biggest difference is going to be that since most of the guests are out-of-towners, weekdays will be more crowded than a typical week, even though weekends may be the same or less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter