Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Hallo Anja und Eric,
Nochmals herzlichen Dank fuer den guten Schnapps. Es was sehr nett euch kennen zu lernen. Wuensche euch eine gute Heimreise.

Angela

Hallo Angela,
es ist uns echt peinlich, aber wir konnten uns am nöchsten Morgen nicht mehr an Deine Kabinennummer erinnern - Das muß das Alter sein ;) Wir haben die Magazine aber dann nicht wegwerfen müssen, weil wir im Shop zwei Cast Members aus D getroffen haben.
Sorry, daß das nicht geklappt hat - und schön, daß Dir der Schnaps geschmeckt hat :wave2:

Does anyone know what happened tobthe individual who was taken from the ship by ambulance in st maarten?
My son said that a woman had a rock fall on her foot, and she had to be taken to the hospital. She was able to get back in time for sail away times.
We did not hear about anyone else.

We are still on the road, but I did want to thank everyone for the wonderfully creative FE's. And a special thanks to all of those of you who brought me special gifts. That was a truly magical part of my trip.
There has been discussion of keeping this thread active for a few weeks so we can share pictures, thank you's, contact information, and make sure everyone gets home safely. We can do the same for the group page as well.
I will check back in when we get all the way home.
Safe travels to everyone.

~Tink~

:cool1:
Hallo Angela,
es ist uns echt peinlich, aber wir konnten uns am nöchsten Morgen nicht mehr an Deine Kabinennummer erinnern - Das muß das Alter sein ;) Wir haben die Magazine aber dann nicht wegwerfen müssen, weil wir im Shop zwei Cast Members aus D getroffen haben.
Sorry, daß das nicht geklappt hat - und schön, daß Dir der Schnaps geschmeckt hat :wave2:

Macht nichts. Schnapps gut-alles gut :cool1: Hoffe ihr hattet eine gute Zeit und kommt mal wieder.

We are home and all unpacked.
Clothes washing will commence tomorrow. Hopefully the ground will have stopped moving by then. ;)

I loved the cruise, but I have to say, I am really looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. ::yes::

We are home (+1 day) and it is back to reality. :-(

I just wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information shared to help make this trip truly magical. Many tears were shed on Friday night a Saturday by the girls (me included). Looking forward to planning the next one. I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed your vacation and I hope to see you again onboard!

We are in Panama City Beach now and the weather is absolutely perfect: 86°F, blue skies, a light breeze and wonderful white sand at the beach. You should only avoid to look behind you, as nearly ever stretch of the beach is covered with really ugly highrise condos.

I guess our next cruise will be on Celebrity or so. Even though we like all things Disney, we considered the general atmosphere on the ship as too loud this time. The noise level in the restaurant was incredibly loud. We've never had that many families with children in the late seating.
We could easily see that families with kids wete the absolute majority this time, when we were at Serenity Bay, where less than 25% of the lounges were in use.

But we certainly loved to meet Y'All and who knows? - perhaps the Disney-virus may hit us again ;)

We're home now, too. After reluctantly disembarking, we checked back in at BCV and enjoyed two more (hot and humid!!!) days of WDW. :) I must say that going back to WDW did help the post-cruise blues a teeny tiny itsy bitsy little bit. We were envious of Oz and her family for being able to immediately reboard for their B2B!!! ::yes::

We had a wonderful time on our cruise, but I do have to agree with Eric's observation of the number of children and noise level. Even my DH commented on day 3 that this sailing had the most children we've ever encountered on a Disney cruise, especially at late seating. Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids, have two of my own plus a new grandbaby, am around them all the time as a teacher, and fully expect them to be the majority of cruisers on Disney ships. After all, this was our 14th cruise on Disney! The noise didn't bother us as much as all the kids who were running and screaming around the restaurants every night - and I do mean RUNNING... in and around tables, up and down walkways, etc. We even witnessed one small child running full-speed into a server who was carrying a large tray piled high with plates of food. Fortunately, he held his balance!

We loved our tablemates! :goodvibes Disney did a fantastic job of randomly putting us together: four couples, all around the same age, all DVC members, and all previous DCL cruisers! We had great conversation every night and were usually the last to leave the MDR's. Six of us even added another Palo Brunch together, where we spent another three hours in great company! None of the other couples had heard of the DIS Boards, so I spread the good word. ;) Our only negative experience was that our drawings weren't loaded into the AP animation show, but our Head Server went out of his way to make sure we were able to see it on the last night (we dined in RC and were called to AP between our main course and dessert).

Our excursions were perfect. Thanks again, Lea, for setting up the bus excursion on St. Maarten!!! DH and I had fun learning the ins and outs of kayaking on our St. Thomas excursion... and are still very grateful to Eric for giving our kayak a helpful push back out into the water af Cas Cay. Our guide mentioned that the high humidity was unusual for them, and that they were also finding the humid conditions a challenge.

We didn't rebook since we already have two future dummy cruises booked. Will probably wait to see what new itineraries will be offered in the future.

It was great meeting most of you onboard and putting faces to names. Thanks for the fun FE gifts. Hope to see you again on a future cruise! :thumbsup2

We are home (+1 day) and it is back to reality. :-(

I just wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information shared to help make this trip truly magical. Many tears were shed on Friday night a Saturday by the girls (me included). Looking forward to planning the next one. I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed your vacation and I hope to see you again onboard!

Did you take advantage of the on board booking to hold a dummy date?

Keep us updated on your plans, we would love the opportunity to cruise with y'all again:love:
We had a good time getting to know your family.

~Tink~

Did you take advantage of the on board booking to hold a dummy date? Keep us updated on your plans, we would love the opportunity to cruise with y'all again:love: We had a good time getting to know your family. ~Tink~

Yes we did! :-)

Absolutely we will. We really enjoyed getting to know you too. Thanks for all the info and help. It truly was a a wonderful vacation!

Eric,
I am in full agreement with you.
We were of course traveling with kids (that were still required to check in and remember their manners), but I did notice the out of control kid issue (for clarity, I am not saying that all the kids on the cruise were out of control, but, there were those select few that were just overwhelmingly problematic). On several occasions, our boys would ask us if they were ever 'That disrespectful'. We loved the cruise, the staff, and the boat, but were shocked at the lack of parental control of several of the families we dined around. Not to mention the one teenager we observed applying duct tape to her cabin door for decoration.
Chuck also voiced concern over the ruckus of the teens running the halls at all hours.

Deb,
As usual, I could not have said it any better than you did.

We will not let the expected child population (and unexpected child wildness) dampen our future plans as we are admitted 'Disney Addicts'.
We will however, avoid decks 5 and 6 on future cruises.

We will also definitely partake in the FE's in the future. Not only did I get ample exercise ( I probably burned more calories than I took in...delivering to 8 floors 5 out of the 7 days), but I quickly learned the lay of the ship.

I forgot something on the cruise.

Eric, I missed your birthday :duck::duck::blush:

So, here is a belated birthday wish for you.....

Happy birthday to you,
party:
Happy birthday to you,
:rockband:
Happy birthday to Eric,
:cake:
Happy birthday to you.
:bday::bday::bday::bday:

It's good to read that even parents had the same impression of the situation on the ship :thumbsup2

Deb,
if you send me your email-address I'll send you an invitation to Dropbox as soon as I've uploaded our pix from the kayak-tour. Probably last weekend of October.

Tink,
thanks for the belated birthday wishes - I forwarded them to Anja as she is celebrating her 44th BD today :rotfl2:

We're celebrating at Hammerhead Fred's with our Floridian friends tonight -YumYum

Hey guys random question... Do you know anyone selling DVC points?? I have decided I want to buy a resale contract for 100 points at animal kingdom... I have checked out all the normal resale places... Figured it couldn't hurt to ask here too... Maybe skipping the middle man :). We had a great cruise and so much fun meeting everyone... Hope to see you in the future :)

Hey guys random question... Do you know anyone selling DVC points?? I have decided I want to buy a resale contract for 100 points at animal kingdom... I have checked out all the normal resale places... Figured it couldn't hurt to ask here too... Maybe skipping the middle man :). We had a great cruise and so much fun meeting everyone... Hope to see you in the future :)

I will be selling some soon but I am BCV so you would not get 11 month window. I just have to figure how many we are going to sell and when the points will be good.

kmronnie3 said:
I will be selling some soon but I am BCV so you would not get 11 month window. I just have to figure how many we are going to sell and when the points will be good.

Thanks for the quick response :). I really want to make AKL my home resort since that's my favorite.. getting the 11 months and no exchange fee... There is a fee if you change your points to a different DVC location right?

Today I made use of my newly acquired status of being a 50+ shopper:
I bought something at the Samsonite Outlet, showed my ID and was given a 10% discount on my age :thumbsup2
Sonetimes it's great to be an old fart :rotfl2:

Hello everyone!
It's a sad time right now... Waiting in the atrium to disembark. But wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the awesome gifts and it was a pleasure meeting everyone!

Santam01!
Santi and Tammy

Ps
We can't wait to see pictures.

Going over the pictures right now. I hope to have some posted with in the next 24 hours (I think I am going to have to charge my camera before I can upload them all).

I will post a few here, and others on the group page.
I can't wait to see everyone else's pics also.

P.S. Cowboy (Santam01) are y'all planning another cruise. We had a great time getting to know you, and would enjoy another opportunity to sail with you again (as long as it is not during play offs that is....;) or the traditional Cowboys / Redskins game)

Today I made use of my newly acquired status of being a 50+ shopper:
I bought something at the Samsonite Outlet, showed my ID and was given a 10% discount on my age :thumbsup2
Sonetimes it's great to be an old fart :rotfl2:

The good news on the political front is that you will be able to make it home now, and will not be trapped on this side of the pond to live out your years as an old Fart. :thumbsup2

I can not post pictures here, you will have to visit the group page to see them.

If you were in the second Mixology class, and / or at the crazy plane beach, make sure to take a look.

Also, I am posting pictures of formal night (with Clark's Elvis Stitch tux, and my Belle gown, plus our pirate pics).

Can't wait to see everyone elses.

Tink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter