Easy Access card at DLP

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
I am at DLP now and first time using an Easy Access card.

I will report back later in full, but I need a place for my notes.

Solo travelling at the moment.
- Peter Pan, posted wait time 35 minutes, return time given 20 minutes. No wait time after.
- Meet Mickey, wait time 45 minutes, no return time given (because solo), wait 5 minutes
- Pirates, wait time 10 minutes, return time given 10 minutes. Wait 3 minutes inside. Some confusion between cast members about the waiting groups.
- Phantom Manor, wait time 13 minutes, no return time given (because solo), no wait.

(Saw a roaming Jack Sparrow, and noticed 2 new things in Pirates. The ship is called Inferno and one of the people captured is so scared, his legs are shivering)

Last edited:
So, I have a whole list of mental health issues. And I have always been hesitant to look into an Easy Access Card thoroughly. Because I am an AP holder, I know the park well, I know how to avoid lines. I always thought I found ways to cope, which is true.

During my last trip to WDW, where a DAS pass is less complicated to get, I tried it for tue first time. It takes effort to get hold of the people, for sure, but once you are there, the process is much easier.

During the trip I felt so much more relaxed because I was able to rest outside the lines. It really helped to reduce my stress and anxiety levels and made a more pleasant trip (especially with the Florida heat)

I spoke about it with my therapist. And we looked at how DLP arranges these things and she wrote me a note. 'I hereby declare that this person has #23 longterm psychiatric disorders', signed it, stamped it. It has my name, date of birth, ID number.

I was nervous because I have heard that the French can make some things more complicated than they need to be. Like they asked for an original, but I only had a digital certificate. The CM didnt care, she issued it without any problems. Took my picture, explained the procedure, gave me the card and I was on my way.

Even when I have my strategies and coping mechanisme developed for my home park. It feels like a different world.

So, I have a whole list of mental health issues. And I have always been hesitant to look into an Easy Access Card thoroughly. Because I am an AP holder, I know the park well, I know how to avoid lines. I always thought I found ways to cope, which is true.

During my last trip to WDW, where a DAS pass is less complicated to get, I tried it for tue first time. It takes effort to get hold of the people, for sure, but once you are there, the process is much easier.

During the trip I felt so much more relaxed because I was able to rest outside the lines. It really helped to reduce my stress and anxiety levels and made a more pleasant trip (especially with the Florida heat)

I spoke about it with my therapist. And we looked at how DLP arranges these things and she wrote me a note. 'I hereby declare that this person has #23 longterm psychiatric disorders', signed it, stamped it. It has my name, date of birth, ID number.

I was nervous because I have heard that the French can make some things more complicated than they need to be. Like they asked for an original, but I only had a digital certificate. The CM didnt care, she issued it without any problems. Took my picture, explained the procedure, gave me the card and I was on my way.

Even when I have my strategies and coping mechanisme developed for my home park. It feels like a different world.
This is really helpful, thanks! One of my family members has various issues that qualified for DAS in WDW but they don't have the documentation required for a Priority Card at DLP. Like you, we managed by using strategies to minimise time in lines. I didn't know the Easy Access Card had a simpler process - we're happy to wait until a return time, it's the standing in lines which causes problems so this sounds great.

Ok, that was my visit. On my next day, I was with a friend.

Princess Pavilion
We used the Easy Access Pass at the Princess Pavillion and this one is a bit more complicated. As in, you need to know what to do, or have a CM tell you (we had not the first time).

The pavillion opens at 10, somewhere around 9.45-10.00 a CM will come out at the entrance, with a list to take names. You will get a return time based on the people already outside waiting. You show your card, they take your name, give you a return time. Yesterday it was 2 hours, today 1.15 hours.

You go do your thing, and return when it is your time.
You go to the CM at the door, show your card, they check you with the list and waive you to the other entrance.

When you arrive here, you will see other people waitin on the LEFT. These are people with a Priority Card (wheelchair users, but can also be autism). They do not get a return time but queue in an alternative line. This line goes slow.

With an Easy Access pass you got to the RIGHT and walk to the end. A CM will come out at some point and should let you in almost immediately. Maybe they do 1 group with a Priority card first, but it shouldn't take long.

The first day, the CM didn't tell us about two lanes, we got in line on the left and waited for half an hour. Then a second group Easy acces card users came by and did as described above. When the CM came out, I saw... we were in the wrong line! Gone 30 minutes!

It wasn't for nothing, because of this confusion we got talking to a CM, and got some pixiedust later. :) so all's well that ends well, but got to know!

Last edited:

How to get a return time?
When you get your Easy Access Card, you also get a mini-form where the CM notes your return time. As you can see, this can be down precisely to the minute. Depends on the watch of the CM, I guess ;)

When returning I didn't have any CM look at the time and send me away if I was a few minutes too early.

The CM checks your form and card and crosses of the ride.

You can only have one reservation at a time. No overlap.

I once changed my mind, I was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel. I crossed of the ride I had waiting myself. This mainly to avoid confusion with the CMs the following day.

20230311_200615.jpg

What does the card look like?
Well, this is it. It has your picture (taken when picking up), name, expiry date and how many people you can take with you. 4 in this case.

I was at the hotel from 9-11 March, but the card is issued for a week.
20230311_203401.jpg

Return time Difference with DAS.
In the US the DAS system takes of 10 minutes of the waiting time to give you a return time. Is the wait time 60 minutes, your return time is 50 minutes later.

This is not the case in DLP. If the wait time is 30 minutes, your return time is 30 minutes.
Overall when you return you can almost immediately get on the ride. Maybe you have to wait one or two rounds, but there is less wait. This because in the US you use the same entrance as Genie+ users. There will be more people in line.

Last edited:
Priority Card vs. Easy Access Card

The system in DLP is a bit weird. They have a split in those conditions that can get you official documentation from an organization.

Like if you are a wheelchair user, you will probably have some kind of documentation regarding parking from the government etc. With autism you might have an official statement from an autism community (not sure how to translate this to English, but hopefully you get what I mean).

These conditions are often permanent, they get a Priority card. You do not have to make an appointment for a return time for rides (yes for outdoor characters with a fixed location), and you can make use of special places for parades and fireworks.

You go to the website, select the documentation you have in the list, upload it and get approval in advance.

Then there is a list of about 30 CHRONIC illnesses and conditions. For me this 'long term psychiatric disorders', but also diabetes is on this list, certain heart conditions, rheumaticism, etc Conditions that are often pretty permanent.

With this you can request an Easy Access card, which works with a return time, but no special places for parades and fireworks.

For this you need a doctor's note, with the number of the condition on the list. This note has to be in French or English, and not older than 3 months.

NOTE: do yourself and the CM a favour and make sure your name and details are exactly the same on your note as on your ID. Example, you are married, and the doctor used your married name on the note. But you never Had time to update your ID, where it still has your maiden name.
This is not a discussion you want to have with a CM.

Meaning: when you have an AP and go regularly, you have to get a new doctor's note every 3 months...
Documentation for a Priority Card can be attached to your AP, an Easy Access doctor's note can't.

I spoke to a CM about this at City Hall, and she said she and all her colleagues agree with this is a weird system, as it creates extra work for them to issue cards every 3 months.

All she could advise me was to write a complaint. The more people send it in, the higher the chance it will change.

Last edited:
Thinking back, the two attractions where the CM let me through immediately without giving me a waiting time were Meet Mickey and Phantom Manor.

With these two rides, the entrance for Easy Access is immediately next to where you would get your return time. They are the first and last CM who check your form. So, they can send you through without any other CM checking. With these attractions you could get lucky. Depending on the size of your group (solo is always good), and how busy it is. With Phantom Manor, the wait time was only 13 minutes. So one solo traveller isn't much of an issue.

When you have a ride like Pirates, the entrance of the ride where you get your return time and where your have to return (back entrance) are not next to each other. There will be a different CM to check your form. Getting some pixiedust will be much harder.

Where do you get your Easy Access Card?

When staying on Disney property you can go to the concierge/reception of your hotel. They check your doctor's note, make a picture, print your card and give you some brochures.

This part was extremely easy.

If you're not staying on Disney property, a little to the right from the center entrance of Disneyland park is a sign to indicate which register is open to help getting your Easy Access Card. There will be a CM to help you.

I don't have a picture of the sign, but it has 4 blue/white squares indicating deafness, blindness, cognitive diseases, and I think a wheelchair.

Other option is they will refer you to Donald's desk, which is to the other side, opposite the Disneyland Hotel entrance. Not sure if they sti use this.

Last edited:
Thank you for this information. I am a diabetic and was wondering if getting an EAP was worth it. I am going solo, so figured single rider lines would work. But I think I'll get the EAP as back up.

My daughter and I are both moderately disabled: I have a chronic blood cancer that is in remission with treatment but which causes me to have minimal stamina and she has quite severe endometriosis which compromises her strength a great deal. We don’t require wheelchairs or scooters. Neither of these conditions are listed under the 30 possibilities for the access pass and we don’t have the documentation required for the priority card. I’ve just spoken to one of the volunteers on the Disneyland Paris site and she didn’t seem to feel I would be able to get an access card. I was just curious if anyone here had any suggestions. Thank you!

My daughter and I are both moderately disabled: I have a chronic blood cancer that is in remission with treatment but which causes me to have minimal stamina and she has quite severe endometriosis which compromises her strength a great deal. We don’t require wheelchairs or scooters. Neither of these conditions are listed under the 30 possibilities for the access pass and we don’t have the documentation required for the priority card. I’ve just spoken to one of the volunteers on the Disneyland Paris site and she didn’t seem to feel I would be able to get an access card. I was just curious if anyone here had any suggestions. Thank you!
Initally a CM on the phone told me the same thing.

What I would do, have a talk with your doctor to see if there is some creative approach possible.
Maybe #10 or #11, they are both blood related, I think? Maybe your doctor can group your type of cancer under it, in good conscience, under one of these. All it needs is your doctor declaring you have number x on the list. It doesn't have to give a details description of what it is exactly or how it effects you.

The CM giving you the pass is not a medical professional and is not going to question you on it.

Then there is a list of about 30 CHRONIC illnesses and conditions. For me this 'long term psychiatric disorders', but also diabetes is on this list, certain heart conditions, rheumaticism, etc Conditions that are often pretty permanent.

I looked at the list out of curiosity and was shocked to see "active tuberculosis" as one of the conditions. That is CONTAGIOUS!!! They shouldn't even be out in the park!!

I looked at the list out of curiosity and was shocked to see "active tuberculosis" as one of the conditions. That is CONTAGIOUS!!! They shouldn't even be out in the park!!
They probably went to see Jack Whitehall ;)

So what is the difference between the Easy and Priority Access Pass in terms of obtaining one?

So what is the difference between the Easy and Priority Access Pass in terms of obtaining one?
Easy requires a doctor's note, stating you suffer from a disease/condition on the list. Priority requires a document you got from a government or an institution, like a disability parking card, or an autism association.

In both cases there is a list of what document you need. For the priority card it can differ per country because different governments have different names for the parking cards they issue, for example.

You can find all information on the DLP website.

Thanks for the clarification! Is it similar to the DAS process in the US where you can do it 30 to 2 days before your visit via video chat or must do it day of at the park?

Thanks for the clarification! Is it similar to the DAS process in the US where you can do it 30 to 2 days before your visit via video chat or must do it day of at the park?
Easy you do when you arrive either at an onsite hotel or at guest relations.

Priority you can do in advance as well, via the website you can upload your documents.

So last weekend I used the Easy access card again. And I sometimes still feel guilty for using it. Yes, my mental health is a pain, but I usually manage. I know the park. Do I really need it?

Well, this weekend I felt I was right in getting the card. We were there on the last day of the Princess week. And Disneyland Paris, in all its wisdom, decided to do a new princess show for just 1 week and only 3 times a day. The best spots were taken by all the local fans for all 3 shows. But we could get a good place right next to it. And as the crowds were growing we were standing reasonably at the front. However... only 30 minutes before the first show, the CMs decided to set up the wheelchair/Priority card access. Which was where we were standing. So we and a hundred others had to to move, we were squeezed in with the zone next to us. So suddenly I was standing in a sea of people. It was uncomfortable. We decided to stay after the first show and push our way to the front to get a decent view for the second show. Yes, some people left, but a lot stayed and I just felt like a sardine in a tin. I was so stressed by the end.

My friend went to get her AP fixed, therefore I was alone for an hour or so at the Studios. I was desperately looking for a spot where it was quiet. The music felt extremely loud. I got myself some chocolate (thinking sugar might help). But then all i could think of was getting out of there. And the only place I could think of was first aid.

There was no one there, so I just sat down on the couch. Then a nurse appeared and when she asked what i needed, I almost immediately broke down crying. She guided me to a quiet room right next to the door. It has 5 bed/seats (which you can adjust), all with curtains for privacy. She checked several times if I needed anything, I told her I was fine, I had chocolate & water and all I needed now was quiet time. I stayed there for about 30 minutes and by then I had calmed down.

So, Easy Access works great for rides, it works for meet & greets, but for me that I cannot use it for shows like the fireworks or castle stage shows... it is a pain.

We realized that once again with Disney Dreams later that night. I always thought having the VIP spots that come with my AP, were a very nice perk. Now that they removed that perk, I realize for me those spots are an accommodation.

After my first experiences earlier this year I had already written DLP that it is silly to have 2 different systems and 3 month renewal rule for permanent conditions. But now I really think that for some mental conditions which make crowds hard to handle, I need a priority card, not an easy access card.

Initally a CM on the phone told me the same thing.

What I would do, have a talk with your doctor to see if there is some creative approach possible.
Maybe #10 or #11, they are both blood related, I think? Maybe your doctor can group your type of cancer under it, in good conscience, under one of these. All it needs is your doctor declaring you have number x on the list. It doesn't have to give a details description of what it is exactly or how it effects you.

The CM giving you the pass is not a medical professional and is not going to question you on it.
Thank you so much! I just came back to this thread as we are leaving next week and had a look at the options you suggested. As I plugged in all the ”haemo” phrases to Google, sure enough, the type of cancer that I have is included in #30! My daughter will have to use a wheelchair after all, so even though endometriosis isn’t covered in the list, hopefully we’ll be covered if I’m able to get the pass. Thanks again! :flower3:

Thank you so much! I just came back to this thread as we are leaving next week and had a look at the options you suggested. As I plugged in all the ”haemo” phrases to Google, sure enough, the type of cancer that I have is included in #30! My daughter will have to use a wheelchair after all, so even though endometriosis isn’t covered in the list, hopefully we’ll be covered if I’m able to get the pass. Thanks again! :flower3:
Good to hear! Enjoy! :)

My experience with the CMs registering the easy access card is they are very sweet and nice about it. Just give them the note from your doctor with the number on it, and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter