Easy Access card at DLP

Just wanted to give an update. I just left DLP and went to guest relations at WDS with a doctor's note of my condition. I asked for an Easy Access Card but she seemed like she was unfamiliar with it and gave me a Priority Access Card instead without an official disability certification. She was very sweet and everything was very easy but I am not sure if I was actually a candidate for the Priority AC as, again, I only had a doctor's note. So this situation may not apply for everyone.

Just wanted to give an update. I just left DLP and went to guest relations at WDS with a doctor's note of my condition. I asked for an Easy Access Card but she seemed like she was unfamiliar with it and gave me a Priority Access Card instead without an official disability certification. She was very sweet and everything was very easy but I am not sure if I was actually a candidate for the Priority AC as, again, I only had a doctor's note. So this situation may not apply for everyone.
Oh wow, that is quite unusual. Was it very busy and she was the only one available?

Oh wow, that is quite unusual. Was it very busy and she was the only one available?
I will admit it was extremely busy on 9/16 but she didn't seem like she was rushing me. Maybe the policy has lightened up a bit.

Looking at getting a card for my hubby. He had a quadruple bypass due to heart disease. A pass would be very helpful for him as waiting in long lines can cause him fatigue. He has a parking pass for winter only. What pass do you recommend for him? He is able-bodied but long lines in heat or cold weather can be a challenge.

Easy requires a doctor's note, stating you suffer from a disease/condition on the list. Priority requires a document you got from a government or an institution, like a disability parking card, or an autism association.

In both cases there is a list of what document you need. For the priority card it can differ per country because different governments have different names for the parking cards they issue, for example.

You can find all information on the DLP website.
It is still quite confusing. Under Canada, most of the documents are unheard of. So if one has heart disease (& had surgery) would they be getting an Easy or Priority? A doctor's note and parking pass is all we have.

It is still quite confusing. Under Canada, most of the documents are unheard of. So if one has heart disease (& had surgery) would they be getting an Easy or Priority? A doctor's note and parking pass is all we have.
From what I have read/researched online: DLP has a Priority Card and an Easy Access Card. What you qualify for depends on what documentation you have, and they list out pretty thoroughly what qualifies you for each.

The Priority Card lists specific documentation accepted by country. See the link below. Click on "next" at the bottom, then select "Canada" to see what documentation specific to Canada qualifies:

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-usd/guest-services/priority-card/

If you have one of those, you should qualify for the Priority Card and apply for that one.

If you do not, then check the list of accepted conditions from the Easy Access Card.

https://media.disneylandparis.com/d4th/en-usd/images/ALD 30 - EN_tcm1861-231033.pdf

If you have one of these, you would need a doctor's note stating which condition and bring that to the park, then apply for the Easy Access Card there.

If you do not have any of the documentation (priority card) or a condition (Easy Access Card) that is listed in either of the links, then my guess is that you would not be issued the pass. Someone with more first-hand experience with DLP and accommodations for that park can probably add more info on this situation and if there are any other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter