Eating At The poly?

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
Was wondering if anybody had actually eaten at the Poly?, were thinking of catching the EWP one evening from the shore side, and thought it would be nice to combine it with eating at the poly first, just wondered if anybody could give any idea of what it is like.

Jules

Giving this a ~~Bump~~ for you Jules!

I haven't eaten at the Poly - but did visit it last year for a look round with Chris and we thought it was a beautiful resort - the swimming pool with the "Erupting Volcano" looked a lot of fun :)

Go to the restaurant forum and have a look there: there are quite a few recommendations for Ohana's. I have never eaten at the Poly before (although have looked around), but the comments on the restaurant board (combined with Ohana's menu - http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menu_oh.htm ) have talked me into booking Ohana's for dinner for our trip in August.

I have also seen good comments about Kona Cafe at the Polynesian too.

Boo

P.S. Look at http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm - I find this a great help in deciding where to eat.

i have made a booking for ohanas really because of all the good reports on this place i have reservations for the 23rd aug as that is the night before my sister and her hubby leave to go back home so my reservations are for 7-30pm and im hoping to see the fireworks and the ewp from there so fingers crossed , if your really interested in ohanas make a search or look into the disney resturants boards where you'll find lots of reports on this good luck and hope this helps
margaret

I've eaten at 'Ohanas for dinner and Kona Cafe for breakfast and liked them both!

'Ohana's is great - but a real meat festival, so if you're not a big meat eater, it might not be the best choice, but if you are then it's well worth a visit.

Kona cafe I only did for breakfast and loved it too. I have heard that the dinner food is equally good. As the name suggests, the atmosphere is a little less restaurant like....it's not really enclosed the way 'Ohana's is, so if your seated near the edge, people walking past outside on the concourse are just a few feet away. But it's still table service and there are seats tucked further back you can ask for if sitting by the edge isn't to your liking.

Either are worth a visit IMO :D

Penny :D

We ate dinner at the Kona Cafe a few years ago.
The food was great and service was good.
We then sat on the beach and watched the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom whilst DD had fun at The Neverland Club.

Karen

Jules there is some talk on the Resorts Board about a Character Breakfast at O'hana's with Lilo and Stitch appearing. I think it is all 'up in the air' at the moment, but as you have a while to go for your trip it is something worth keeping an eye out for, as by that time Lilo and Stitch will be out on video in the UK (with subtitles! hopefully!) and it may appeal to your son. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter