Eating Establishments with Outdoor Seating

Long Beach Mike

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'll by traveling with my family (DW and DDs ages 14 and 15) by car from NY in February. We are going to stay a few nights in Melbourne Beach so daughters can get some surfing and beach time, then off to the HRH from Feb. 17-22nd. Since converting from Disney about 5 years ago its been at Universal almost every year, staying 3x at PB and 2 years ago at HR.

Our family has not eaten in a restaurant since the pandemic started, and are going to try our best to only eat at places that have outdoor seating. At HRH, there is the Beach Club by the pool area where we almost always eat our early lunch. The Kitchen has some outdoor seating as well. We also like walking over to PB, so there is Sal's, which is awesome, and I think there are a few tables outside of Mama Della's, which is also a family favorite. Bice has outdoor seating but is beyond our budget.

At CityWalk and the parks I'm not as certain about things. I know 3 Broomsticks and Lombard's Seafood Grill has outdoor seating in the back, and the Hard Rock Restaurant and Bob Marley's also has outdoor seating, but not sure about much else.

What other eating establishments have outdoor seating at the UO and IoA, as well as at CityWalk? I'm not so interested in the fast food places, I know quite a bit of them have outdoor seating.

If anyone has any experiences of how hard it is to get outdoor seating vs. indoors the last few months that would be great as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m avoiding indoor dining as well. Here’s where I ate last month:

Margaritaville (City Walk)
3A63221C-0EE9-4751-8C16-60E72D28E87B.jpeg

8CB55DAB-FC2E-4E37-84E9-8DAFF0B6552E.jpeg

Lombard’s (Universal Studios)
7C76E89D-03C6-490D-B60A-A23EA12CEBBB.jpeg

53E3B257-2E7A-4E5A-8FB3-285ED6FFEBBF.jpeg

Mythos (Islands of Adventure)

84CC7D23-35B6-48C6-8669-E284CAEF4EC2.jpeg

388D5761-CAFE-4DE2-94BA-3218EE497C17.jpeg

Lombard’s balcony isn’t always open, particularly if the weather is less than perfect.

I also enjoy the patio at NBC Sports Brew and Grill but they didn’t open until 4:00 p.m. while I was there.

I also grabbed Starbucks, Butterbeer and a Duffs that I carried over to a less congested area. WWoHP was packed, I pretty much went in, rode the rides and got the heck out of Dodge.

CA70D860-31C8-45F3-B4C5-5768032033FD.jpeg

E7E5691D-BF13-43C4-AF7C-85EB6B567BDA.png

075B4C6D-DFB1-4DB2-98AF-D1C0B466E69A.png

Last edited:
In addition to what`s been posted, Cowfish in Citywalk has an outdoor area and Confisco Grille in IOA has Backwater Bar attached where you can eat outside too.

I didn’t order food but here’s a view from one of the outdoor tables at Backwater Bar. I’m pretty sure that’s also where I sat with my Starbucks.

.5F7D2A98-3470-4DC0-B5F7-3E3D2675574D.png

With some Outdoor eating areas:
Citywalk:
Cowfish (Go up escalator to find it), NBC Sports Brew Grill (Smallish right by the big pathway, though, has retractable windows so it may be shut in bad weather), Margaritaville (Very Large Porch), Red Oven Pizza (Outdoor only), Toothsomes Chocolate Emporium (about 10 tables in the front), VIVO Italian Kitchen (Handful in the front). (And BK, Moes, Panda Express food court area upstairs and hot dog hall of fame)

IOA: Mythos (Back with great views of Hulk, not many outside though), Confiscos (A few by the backwater bar), Thunder Falls (Plenty with a good view of the River Adventure splashdown), Three Broomsticks (Back patio, good view of new coaster track), Captain America (Outside along the back).

Studios: Lombard's Landing (Patio and balcony), Fast Food Blvd (Simpsons) Plenty outside and along the lagoon, Monsters Cafe (Small area near the Transformers Queue), Richter Burger (Patio along the back), Louies (5 tables or so on each side of the restaurant), Today Show Cafe (Out in front). I saw them experimenting with a very small outdoor area at Finnegans on the sidewalk several weeks ago, but not sure if that's still there.

We only visited City Walk in October (no parks), but Big Fire and Antojitos also had a some outdoor seating they were utilizing.

Where are you staying in Melbourne Beach? My parents have a condo in downtown Melbourne where they go for the winter. I highly recommend The Mansion on E. New Haven for a meal. Its right on the other side of the causeway from the beach. They have a rooftop deck and a garden area with outdoor seating, and its a cool place with good food!

Hi all, thank you for all the amazing input! You've all given me a great feel for where we will be able to eat, and a comfort level that many of our favorite places offer outdoors seating options.

nkereina, we are staying at the Hilton DoubleTree Oceanfront. We like it because we get a 2 room suite (privacy from the girls) and a huge ground floor patio a few steps from the pool and beach, so we don't have to be going through hotel lobby's, elevators and other common areas. I checked out the Mansion's website, it looks awesome. We'll definitely give it a try.

We also avoid indoor eating. We had great success at city walk. In addition to the restaurants above we ate outside at Big Fire Grill. Loved the food, the seats and the table side s’mores. It was easy to grab a seat. It was walk up. Same with Antojitos. We had to ask to sit outside but they nicely granted our request though I think we were the only people who chose to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter