Ebates 20% back for Orbitz tickets

Following!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please, please, please! I just booked for three nights May 7- May 10. I need 2 adult and 1 kids 2 day park hoppers. Sure would be great to save that money. Especially since buying discounted Disney cards online from Target seems to be dead.

Folks, you can subscribe without posted by selecting the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the page. There's no reason to post and bump this thread up just to "follow" it.

Has anyone checked to see what the ebates for Orbitz is right now? I saw 11% on my phone app but it didn't say if it was for activities.

Just checked, 11% is just for cruise reservations. At the moment it's showing only 1.7% back for activities :(

Ebates.ca is currently offering 7.5% cash back on all activities!

If you buy from Cheaptickets.com, Ebates currently offers 6.88% cash back on activities.

Just checked, 11% is just for cruise reservations. At the moment it's showing only 1.7% back for activities :( Ebates.ca is currently offering 7.5% cash back on all activities!
Thanks for checking! I wish the ebates app showed more details.

I'm going to wait and see what February brings but thanks for the info.

Has anyone noticed that Orbitz is having a sale right now on 5-day park hoppers? It beats UT's price by $22/ticket (and the gate price by $43/ticket), plus right now ebates has 3% cash back on activity reservations, so total savings is about $53 off the gate price for an adult ticket. The tickets have to be booked by March 31st and used by August 30th. This is similar to the ticket sale that was offered last year by Orbitz at the same time, and then around President's Day they offered 20% cash back per activity reservation, so together it was quite a savings.

At some point during the sale last year - in mid to late February- Disney raised ticket prices and Orbitz's sale price remained the same. Disney only gave 1 day's warning about the price increase. So if you are getting ready to buy tickets you should probably keep an eye on this because it's been about a year now since they've increased gate prices.

Hope they offer the 20% cash back again this year and remove the August 30th end date since we aren't going until November.

Last edited:
I just checked and it was February 22nd last year the ticket price increase was announced. Just another heads up - these tickets were upgradable (can be bridged) last year. They bridge based on gate price the date the tickets are purchased, so the people that got the best deal bought Orbitz tickets right after the gate price increase since Orbitz didn't increase their sale price, then upgraded when they got to the parks.

Last edited:
I was one that bridged ebates Orbitz tix to Disney & Universal APs before the increase. If anyone cares here is the math on how I saved ~$800:
Before price increase, paid for 5 day hopper WPM and 3 day hopper Universal (all 2 adults/2 kids) through ebates/Orbitz:
+1957.54

Bridge at Disney:
+ 700 GIFT CARDS worth for $665
+ 382.04

Bridge at Universal (Was going to do just one for hotel discount but the family fell in love so we bridged the rest):
+132.06
+417.48

TOTAL OOP: 3554.12
TOTAL CB: - 391.51 (Cash back)

3162.61 Total out of pocket

Rack rate for 4 APs to Disney/Universal in April 2014:
2700.84 + 1256.64 = 3957.48

Saved: 794.87

How good is eBates about actually getting you that cashback? I booked my recent AKL stay through Orbitz via eBates back in Jan, but I don't have that cash pending yet. When I emailed ebates, they said it might be up to 60 days after I RETURN from the trip that I see it appear as pending on my account. I'm somewhat skeptical. More often than not ebates has found ways to wriggle out of giving me cash back on large purchases.

Ebates does kind of suck and it's a pain to keep track of. I bought on 2/18/14 and my payment was sent on 5/7/14 so it took a while.

My heart skipped a beat for a second. I'm eagerly waiting to see if this deal pops back up so I can buy our tickets and character meal vouchers for our trip in April!
What is character meal vouchers?

How good is eBates about actually getting you that cashback? I booked my recent AKL stay through Orbitz via eBates back in Jan, but I don't have that cash pending yet. When I emailed ebates, they said it might be up to 60 days after I RETURN from the trip that I see it appear as pending on my account. I'm somewhat skeptical. More often than not ebates has found ways to wriggle out of giving me cash back on large purchases.

I just bought my WDW ticket from Cheaptickets a few weeks ago and the cash back showed up in my Ebates account in less than a week. I've also purchased DL tickets through Ebates/Cheaptickets twice now (2013 & 2014) and the cash back showed up quickly with both of those as well. Cash back for hotels usually doesn't show up until travel has been completed because you could cancel your trip whereas the tickets are not refundable.

Ebates does kind of suck and it's a pain to keep track of. I bought on 2/18/14 and my payment was sent on 5/7/14 so it took a while.

In your case though it was just about timing - Ebates sends their payments out every quarter so you purchased *just* after they sent out the February payment which is why you didn't get yours until May, which was the next quarter.

For Disneyland you can order meal vouchers for their character meals. It's a savings if orbitz has the deal since they include tax and tip.
Thank you. Too bad it is for Disneyland only, I could really use those for my upcoming Disney World trip. It would be a great deal with Ebates cashback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter