EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
WVURunner said:
Our friends got Be Our Guest ressies for November 18th so DH and I decided (mostly I decided) that we should fly down and join them for dinner! So excited to see the new fantasyland. Since DH planned a party for the 17th, so we will fly out early morning on the 18th. DH will fly back to PHL on the 19th and I will fly to PIT for work on early on the 20th where we will be spending Thanksgivng! We just couldn't wait to see the mouse till December. Can't wait to see my friends, even if they are flying to PA for their baby shower on the 20th.

I feel sorry that you have to fly out of PHL. But yay, there is never a bad time to go to Disney!

Started With a Mouse said:
I called DCL to see what movies were playing on our cruise - no Secret of the Wings! :( I wonder if they will have it on Funnelvision, and the list is only the movies playing in the ship's theatre? Anyway, here's the listing they gave:

Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides
Cars 2 3D
The Help
The Muppets
John Carter 3D
Chimpanzee
Avengers
Brave 3D
People Like Us
Odd Life of Timothy Green
Frankenweenie
Wreck-it-Ralph
Lincoln
and possibly Monsters Inc. 3D (it's released December 19th)

If they release the movie on land, IT WILL BE on the ship the same day.

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Today's goal is to work on the ornament for the exchange that I forgot. And laundry, of course.

Green with envy WVRunner! I know you're going to have FUN.

Happy Day, all!

I feel sorry that you have to fly out of PHL. But yay, there is never a bad time to go to Disney!
PHL is the closest airport so I fly out of it a few times a month, you get use to it.
GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Today's goal is to work on the ornament for the exchange that I forgot. And laundry, of course.

Green with envy WVRunner! I know you're going to have FUN.

Happy Day, all!

And I spoke to soon, I should have bought the tickets yesterday when DH was in a good mood but got busy and now DH is refusing to go to FL. He needs to get over this soon as FL is my home state and we will be there in December! Looks like me and my bonus check will be having fun alone! Wish me luck, I need it...

Good morning all! I am traveling via Amtrak for a work trip and using my trip to catch up on all the posts. I can't wait to meet everyone in person! It's hard to believe we are getting so close to travel time. I am starting to feel the pressure of FEs, packing, scrapbook exchange and Christmas. No more slacking for this girl! I need to kick it into high gear...

Good morning all! I am traveling via Amtrak for a work trip and using my trip to catch up on all the posts. I can't wait to meet everyone in person! It's hard to believe we are getting so close to travel time. I am starting to feel the pressure of FEs, packing, scrapbook exchange and Christmas. No more slacking for this girl! I need to kick it into high gear...

You can say that again!:rotfl2:

Well, on my schedule, which is generally wait until the last possible moment it's needed, I've still got plenty of time for slacking. :cool1: :laughing:

Another tragedy. Yes, just one more thing to set me back. My son's dog, a really sweet soft coated Wheaton, ate my glasses this morning. I got up, went down the hall, and back to bed. In the short time I was not in my room, Chloe (the dog) snatched my glasses off the table beside my bed and ran. By the time I discovered they were missing, Chloe had hidden them under the ottoman in the living room and had had her way with them.

These glasses were over $800 and I was sick over it but tried not to sound to distressed in front of my son. Think about how many 'oceans of coffee' or bingo games that could pay for on the Ship!?! Chloe had already eaten my high end headphones, but I had left them on the floor so I couldn't fault anyone but myself for being careless with a one year old dog around. The glasses, however, were on the table and it was 5 a.m.

I called my optician in Petaluma, CA who we have used for the last 12 years and asked what he could do. The lenses are covered 100% and I will just have to pay for the temples and maybe one mouting so we are looking at about $200. What a relief! In the meantime, I can't see to do anything close up and I was going to work on the baggies for the FEs, but not without 'eyes'. So this will take about two weeks to get the glassses and then after I receive them in Phoenix I will have to go get them fitted.

When my son or daughter-in-law get home tonight I'll have them take me to the store to buy some readers to get by on till I receive my glasses.

On the bright side.....my DH should arrive in Cabo tomorrow afteroon with our boat and then another five days to get to LaPaz where I will try to meet him in two weeks.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Judy

Cruise docs have arrived. Somehow that makes it so much more official! :cool1:

Judy, I would guess that your nickname isn't Lucky. :duck: ;)

Another tragedy. Yes, just one more thing to set me back. My son's dog, a really sweet soft coated Wheaton, ate my glasses this morning. I got up, went down the hall, and back to bed. In the short time I was not in my room, Chloe (the dog) snatched my glasses off the table beside my bed and ran. By the time I discovered they were missing, Chloe had hidden them under the ottoman in the living room and had had her way with them.

These glasses were over $800 and I was sick over it but tried not to sound to distressed in front of my son. Think about how many 'oceans of coffee' or bingo games that could pay for on the Ship!?! Chloe had already eaten my high end headphones, but I had left them on the floor so I couldn't fault anyone but myself for being careless with a one year old dog around. The glasses, however, were on the table and it was 5 a.m.

I called my optician in Petaluma, CA who we have used for the last 12 years and asked what he could do. The lenses are covered 100% and I will just have to pay for the temples and maybe one mouting so we are looking at about $200. What a relief! In the meantime, I can't see to do anything close up and I was going to work on the baggies for the FEs, but not without 'eyes'. So this will take about two weeks to get the glassses and then after I receive them in Phoenix I will have to go get them fitted.

When my son or daughter-in-law get home tonight I'll have them take me to the store to buy some readers to get by on till I receive my glasses.

On the bright side.....my DH should arrive in Cabo tomorrow afteroon with our boat and then another five days to get to LaPaz where I will try to meet him in two weeks.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Judy

Got our documents today, but I have to go to Purulator to pick them up tomorrow. No one was home when they came.

I'm back! After ten looooong days, our power was restored at exactly 6:41 PM. I have never been so happy to turn on the lights! We had absolutely no damage on my block, not even a branch down from a tree! However, we were the last block in town to get power back. There was a lot of damage elsewhere in town. A few houses were damaged We lost our municipal fishing pier and bathing pavilions and many century old trees.

Long Branch, the city where I work, suffered a lot of damage to its oceanfront area. I've been off from work for 10 days, tomorrow will be my first day back, if we don't end up with a snow day! Among the many things that my office deals with are infrastructure repairs and home repairs, as well as assistance to local businesses. I should have some busy days ahead!

My trip to Atlantic City was cancelled, so now I can concentrate on getting ready for the cruise!!!

I'll go back and read all the post from the last week and a half tomorrow.

It's good to be back on the grid!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm back! After ten looooong days, our power was restored at exactly 6:41 PM. I have never been so happy to turn on the lights! We had absolutely no damage on my block, not even a branch down from a tree! However, we were the last block in town to get power back. There was a lot of damage elsewhere in town. A few houses were damaged We lost our municipal fishing pier and bathing pavilions and many century old trees.

I should have some busy days ahead!

I'll go back and read all the post from the last week and a half tomorrow.

It's good to be back on the grid!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. It's good to see you posting again. :flower3:

Long Branch, the city where I work, suffered a lot of damage to its oceanfront area. I've been off from work for 10 days, tomorrow will be my first day back, if we don't end up with a snow day! Among the many things that my office deals with are infrastructure repairs and home repairs, as well as assistance to local businesses. I should have some busy days ahead!
Thank goodness you're ok and didn't suffer any property damage....we were all worried :guilty:. Sorry to hear about the surrounding impact, though. Now, the snow....:confused3....nature is not always kind. At least it didn't alter your cruise plans!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

A few pages and pages ago, some one asked:
"What to do in Miami for the day?"

May I suggest: Jungle Island, previously known as Parrot Island.
Sort of a theme park/zoo/animal rescue/playground.
You can get up close and personal with the animals, watch educational show and tell, animal performances, or just relax in a play area.

www.jungleisland.com/cruise
This link has special extras to entice cruise passengers, including luggage storage and transportation options.

Have fun,
Pam

We are doing the doc dance today!!! :yay:
Woo Hoo! :dance3:
Liz :cool1:

So jealous! Still waiting... :rolleyes1 DH and I got our passports yesterday. Just sent out for the girls last week. DH told them if they didn't get here in time, they could stay home with grandma and we would just take extra pictures for them. :rotfl: They weren't okay with that.

Well, on my schedule, which is generally wait until the last possible moment it's needed, I've still got plenty of time for slacking. :cool1: :laughing:

Precisely, Procrastination is a very time honored and intricate art form. To be undertaken by only the most experienced professionals.
;)
Pam

.......Los Angeles is an hour behind Cabo.
Cabo is an hour behind Puerta Vallarta.
Puerta Vallarta is an hour behind Panama and Cartegena.
Cartegena is an hour AHEAD of Costa Maya.
Costa Maya is an hour behind Miami.

I know this doesn't give you the exact day of the change but I would guess between Day At Sea and Cabo, Cabo and Puerta Vallarta, Day At Sea and Panama Canal, Cartegena and Costa Maya, and Costa Maya and Miami.

Thanks Judy. LA is on PST, Cabo is on MST, Puerto Vallarta is on CST, Panama & Cartagena are on EST, and Costa Maya is on CST, but I know from a previous cruise that the ship doesn't always follow local time which can make it confusing if you are booking private excursions, so that is why I was hoping for a definitive answer from EBPC Navigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter