EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. :goodvibes

Our room was showing as £40 more, but I think that's more to do with the exchange rate, rather than an actual change in price. It seems the Pound & Euro prices get updated at the weekend when the exchange is paused.

No problem. I always love when people post that they've spotted a price reduction. The Dis has saved me thousands! Then again, I upgraded and gave most of it right back to Disney! :lmao:

When the price dropped last week (on or about 2/28), we upgraded from a Cat 5 to a suite. The price dropped on the suite again yesterday (3/3). Maybe not all categories have dropped.

We're in a suite as well but the price seems to be the same since the last price drop last week. I got all excited thinking there was a 3rd price drop! LOL Maybe in the near furture there will be! :thumbsup2

Any idea what people are doing in the ports? The port times aren't all that long.

We're thinking of just touring on our own in the Mexican ports-- getting a water taxi or something in Cabo to see Land's End and Los Arcos, eating some local food.

Not sure about PV because I haven't researched it much. Probably stay in town.

Thinking of a private guide in Cartagena if anyone's interested.

Doing a tour with the Native Choice for the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya, and will be glad to arrange for a group.

We have our hotel for Disneyland the days preceding, but are hoping to be able to book with our DVC points in the beginning of May.

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who kept posting the discounts because without that- we wouldn't be going. :thumbsup2

We haven't really researched the ports much - we only booked for the huge number of sea days, and because it was Mum's birthday and because of the Panama Canal and because the Christmas decorations are up and because it was good value for length of cruise, but the ports - not so much! :rotfl:

I'm actually wondering if DCL will change the ports or add something in to make it more exciting. The fact that the 11C is still available suggests people still aren't jumping on this cruise, even with the price drops. :sad2:
Of course additional price drops are preferable to extra ports... :rolleyes1

And Mum got the go ahead to get an extra 2 days off work so we don't have to rush back on Christmas Day :woohoo:

I did find a complete set of 2008 Eastbound PC navigators with a similar itinerary to ours but Dis won't let me post it - it comes up all ***ed out. McAfee says the site is safe and it's not a TA website so I don't know why - I guess they have their reasons. :confused3

We just booked the 11C as a guarantee yesterday. We need two cabins, so I'm not counting on an upgrade. Maybe just two of them nearby on deck 2.

We're also in it for the sea days and the Canal. We were originally booked on the TA for next May, but there was a chance oldest dd wouldn't be able to come-- since she'll probably be "cruising" on a Navy hospital ship, and we know she can make this one, so taking that into consideration and our fear that airfare back from Europe will be very expensive- this is a better deal.

Good point about the Christmas decorations. Hadn't really thought of that. :thumbsup2 We usually cruise in September.

Could you pm the site with the navigators if it's not too much trouble? Thanks.

We haven't really researched the ports much - we only booked for the huge number of sea days, and because it was Mum's birthday and because of the Panama Canal and because the Christmas decorations are up and because it was good value for length of cruise, but the ports - not so much! :rotfl:
What a shame that you couldn't think of any reasons to cruise:rotfl:!

And other than the birthday part, that's pretty much why we jumped on this as soon as it came up. It will be our anniversary--we've put up with each other for 40 years, we DESERVE this trip!

We love the sea days, and DH is fascinated by the workings of the canal. He also thinks that we should move to Panama after I retire. I think he'll change his mind quickly as soon as he feels the humidity there, but who knows??

Beth

What a shame that you couldn't think of any reasons to cruise:rotfl:!

Oh and the Gingerbread House!! We must try the gingerbread house making this year!:love: I think they do this each December but I missed it the last two times.

All 3 of my DCL cruises have been when the Christmas decorations are up - I'm mentally preparing myself for March 30th and telling myself that this is how the Magic looks the remaining 10 months of the year when there are no decorations :sad:

Oh and the Gingerbread House!! We must try the gingerbread house making this year!:love: I think they do this each December but I missed it the last two times.

All 3 of my DCL cruises have been when the Christmas decorations are up - I'm mentally preparing myself for March 30th and telling myself that this is how the Magic looks the remaining 10 months of the year when there are no decorations :sad:

We made the gingerbread houses the one time we cruised in December. They ended up giving one to each of the four kids, instead of just one for all of them. They had a great time.

My father sailed through the Canal in the late 1930s, and ever since I saw his pictures as a kid, I wanted to do it.

Oh my! I had forotten about the gingerbread house! We've never made one either, but I think there'll be enough time this trip LOL!!!

Half of our cruises have been at the holidays, but we have been on each ship (except Fantasy, of course) at other times, too. The holiday decorations just make it that much more special!

Beth

Oh my! I had forotten about the gingerbread house! We've never made one either, but I think there'll be enough time this trip LOL!!!

Half of our cruises have been at the holidays, but we have been on each ship (except Fantasy, of course) at other times, too. The holiday decorations just make it that much more special!

Beth

Making a gingerbread house is one of the things I am most excited about! I was bummed that they didn't offer it last Thanksgiving. There were starting it the cruise after us! Our room will smell so good!

I didn't know about the gingerbread house - my DD will love to do that. We never sailed this close to Christmas before. We did B2B on the Dream in November and we watched them load all the Xmas decorations. They decorated the ship in between the cruises. We got off at 9am and back on about 10:30 and they had already started putting the tree up in the atrium - it was completely finished by the time the next set of cruisers boarded - amazing to watch them put it up. They worked on the big gingerbread house through our 3-day cruise, but it still wasn't finished when we disembarked :sad1:

We want to do the Ruins tour in Costa Maya, not sure about the other ports though. DD wants to do a zip line tour, DH wants to do a catamaran/sailing tour and I'm looking for a horseback, jeep or dune buggy tour - just have to decide which one in which port.

Good Morning!

We're on the Hawaii in April 2012, and the Westbound PC in May 2013, but I'm greedy! December is ski season, so DH won't go, but I *COULD* if I could find a nice lady to room with. Anybody's "mom" want to go?

Happy Day, all!

I did find a complete set of 2008 Eastbound PC navigators with a similar itinerary to ours but Dis won't let me post it - it comes up all ***ed out. McAfee says the site is safe and it's not a TA website so I don't know why - I guess they have their reasons. :confused3

Dis blocks links to sites they consider "competitors".

Do we want to put up a roll call anywhere on the thread?

Also, I'll email Disney today to see if they still do the private room for brunch, but you need twelve people to reserve it, and you don't find out if you get until about 30 days out (sort of like a guarantee cabin). So for everyone interested, I'd also suggest making your own reservations when your booking windows open. Should be no problem getting brunch with all the sea days.

I'll also speak with David from Native Choice about the tour at Costa Maya.

Could you pm the site with the navigators if it's not too much trouble? Thanks.

www.castawayclub dot com

Do we want to put up a roll call anywhere on the thread?

Also, I'll email Disney today to see if they still do the private room for brunch, but you need twelve people to reserve it, and you don't find out if you get until about 30 days out (sort of like a guarantee cabin). So for everyone interested, I'd also suggest making your own reservations when your booking windows open. Should be no problem getting brunch with all the sea days.

I'll also speak with David from Native Choice about the tour at Costa Maya.

I thought about a roll call as well - I would be willing to compile one and keep it updated.

Palo sounds great - we are going to try to be more "social" this trip, hopefully getting to meet everyone and participate in the group activities.

We would also be interested in the Caratagena excursion - Disney doesn't have any excursion info listed for the port, so I'm not sure what it available :confused3

We love the sea days, and DH is fascinated by the workings of the canal. He also thinks that we should move to Panama after I retire. I think he'll change his mind quickly as soon as he feels the humidity there, but who knows??

Beth

One of my high school classmates (class of 66) moved to Costa Rica. Loves it, but says if he was doing it now, he would move to Panama. He told me why, but I've forgotten most of the things except for the stable government.

Puerta Vallarta -

We have friends in PV. The ship docks across the street from Walmart - but there is a lovely oceanside promenade a few miles away, with many shops, restaurants and entertainment. I think a nice taxi ride from Port should not be too expensive.

socababy
Christina, Josh (9), Dylan (7) & Katelyn (5)
Southern CA

aldarowa
Me, DH & DD (11)

BethC1952
Beth & Jim (DH) Celebrating 40th wedding anniversary
Deal, NJ

So_Cal_Crew
Cathy, Robert (DH), Summer (14) & Autumn (13)
Huntington Beach, CA

DVCinderella
Liz, DH, DS (7), DD (7) & DGranpda Celebrating DGs 75th birthday
Northern NJ

dthogue
Tammy, Doug & Brenna (14)
Central PA

Paragd911
Mark & Bingo
Nashville, TN

skoi
Julie, DH, DD (18), DS (14), DD (8) & DS (8)

schepp
Joseph, Chelle (DW) & Cailey (DD12)
DC/KS

Gdes1
Me, DH, DS (3 1/2) & DD (11 months)

abbyar
Me, DH, Angela (5) & Jake (3)
Central NJ

Gilland18
Kim's parents - Jerry (83) & Bea (79)
Central Iowa

elderfam
Cynthia, JT (DH), Jonathan (5) & baby to be named later
Washington, DC area

bugsgrandma
Linda & Mack (DH)

spiiffy
Katy, Brandon (DH), Logan (4) & Emmett (2)

CJGRDMS
Me & DH
Long Beach, CA

JessicasMom
Pat, Larry, Jess (DD), Pat (DM) & Anna (DN)
North Eastern, PA

Moby
Marla, Chris (DH) & Moriah (DD14)
Northern Nevada

honeybeesmom
Breanna, Chel & Jeannine

dee_bee
Steve & Denise
Vancouver, Washington

dededisney
Deanna & Drew (DH - Disneyzell)
Brentwood, CA

mom24cuties
Aimee, John (DH), Lucas (10), Kate (8), Jill (7) & Annika (4)
Alberta, Canada

adnil530
Linda & Laura (11)
Placerville, CA

DindelsPA
Karen, Ed (DH) & Patricia (13)
Poconos, PA

goiu
Me, Lisa (DW), Geoff (DH), Emma (6) & Logan (4)
Colorado

Alaska_DogCat
Me & Sarah (DW)
Homer, Alaska

mnewcomer
Michelle, Sam (DH) & Sam Jr (DS8)
Sheri (DMIL) & Sam Sr (DFIL)
Apple Valley, CA

clukas
Chris, DW, DS (8) & DS (6)

yucaipagal
Lori (36), Dave (44), Gabriella (6) & Johnny (4)
Yucaipa, CA

LindaBabe
Linda & Dimples (her teddy bear)
Capitol Region, NY

Chinook
Julie & Mark (DH)
Clarksburg, MD

pharmjenn
Jenn, Jim (DH) & Billy (4)
Antioch, CA

bbangel
Megan & Shirley (DM)
Vancouver, Canada

WVURunner
Emily & Michael (DH) - IGT
Wilmington, DE
Corinne, Luke (9) & Lucie (6) - IGT
Mountaintop, PA

Travelbee
Connie, Sean (DH) & Allison (10)
Westminster, CA

Coke_Zero
Shelly, Shawn (DH), Katie (13) & Will (11)
California

BTH
Bruce, Tracy (DW) & Hunter (13)
San Diego, CA

rach7
Rach, DH, DD (11) & DS (6)
Brisbane, Australia

Started_With_a_Mouse
Me, DH, DD (7) & DD (4)
Southern CA

CaptainandTennille
Me, DH & DC (10, 8 & 4)
California

Cruise
Julie
Virginia

haileyboo
Me & DH
St. Louis, MO

RoxyHive
Laurie, Taylor (DH) & Savannah (DD) - Celebrating DD's 2nd birthday
Larry (DDad), Paula (DMom), Cathy (DMIL) & Jim (DFIL)
Glynis (DSIL), Matt (DBIL), Carter (DS8) & Dylan (DS6)
San Jose, CA

4everluvDisney
Audrey & Doug - Celebrating wedding anniversary on 12/10
Ontario, Canada

SpeedyWil
The Bewley Family
Southern CA

Ramzmich
Rob, Mary (DW), Zac (18) & Amanda (11) - 6040
Irv (DFIL) & Shirley (DMIL) - 6041
Michigan

DoomBuggyHitchhiker
Stephen
San Diego, CA

Stitch70
John, Jeannine, Nico & Sofia
Rocklin, CA

Jeff_Spencer
Jeff & Susan - IGTY
Madison, AL

Relaxin'
Patti & Rick
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

MrMom
Dave, Marie (DW), Regan (DD8) & Mason (DS5) - Celebrating DD's 9th birthday
Camas, WA

Manon_Paul_Nina
Manon (30), Paul (DH35) & Nina (DD4)
Tilburg, Noord Brabant, Netherlands

melonz
Mel (40), Paris (17), Chanelle (16) & Ethan (11)
England

susie2
Sue & John
Wallasey, Merseyside, England

skayrobe
Sherry & Dave (DH) - Celebrating 40th wedding anniversary on 12/9
Houston, TX

DisneyManFamily4
Jennifer, Seth (DH), Anthony (DS), Madison (DD) & DM
California

lesroi
Tracy, Scott (DH) & JP (DS4)

tweetybabee
Lori, Matt (DH), Madison (DD4), DDad & DM - IGT
Reading, PA

hedgerow
Jamie, Matt (DH) & DD8
Western PA

decked_out
John & Liz (DW - Liz_Arjay)
Central FL

chrissyt27
Chrissy & Brian (DH)
Midwest

nancybowen
Nancy, Bob & Ashleigh
Palm Bay, FL

magicmaker1
Lynne & Anthony (DH)
Fort Collins, CO

mug318ca
Judson & Anne (DW)
Southern CA

colkath2005
Colette, Billy (14), Jayden (12) & Keegan (5)
Bill (DDad) & Kath (DMom)
Bristol, UK

ChipperMerlin
Shirley & Doug
Mountain View, CA

buckeyesix
Anne, Eric (DH), Corinne (10), Ryan (8), Matthew (7), Kelly (7) & Gene (DGrandpa)

Crusingbean
Me, DDad, DM, DGrandma, DB (23), DSister (29) & DSister (2)

FLPrincessMom
Janice, Herman (DH), Angela (12) & Bridgett (12)

LAS2012
Me, DH, DS (6) & DD (16 months)

PBewley
Paul & Dana (DW) - 6054

mouse66
Mike, Kim, Michael (10) & Victoria (8)
Buffalo, NY

Lawrence_J
Larry & Kim - 7072

ebony
Jan & Carl (DH)
Oxford, UK

julesrx00
Julie, Sam (DH), Sophia (4), Evie (2) & Marie (DGrandma)
Winston Salem, NC

ArGa
Arlene & Gary (DH) - Celebrating 24th wedding anniversary
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sydney (DDad)
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

DeAnnaBelle
DeAnna, Rich (DH) & Emily Jacobs (18 months) - Celebrating our first Disney Cruise!
Monterey, CA

disneyrick
Me, DW & DD
Kentucky

Land_Park_Tudor
J.R., Laura (DW), Ansley (8) & Finn (6)
Sacramento, CA

Gilland18
Kim & Dave (DH)
Central Iowa

MaryLou1962
Mary Lou, Alan (DH) & Liam (DS9)
Saskatchewan, Canada

holula
Holly & Jonathan (BF)

Dodger_Dog
Me, DS (9) & DS (8)
DMom & DDad (knittingmaven)
DSIL
Southern CA

jsails
Judy & Michael (DH)
Alameda, CA
Mark & Mimi
San Jose, CA

hollyjolly
Heather & Mike (DH)
Southern Maryland

Owensfamily
Hallie & family
Grosse Pointe, MI

Nat_Tucker
Natalie & Melvin
Maryland/DC

squirePM
Pam
Boston, MA

Disneylovebirds
Melissa & Xavier - Celebrating birthday and anniversary
Florida

One of my high school classmates (class of 66) moved to Costa Rica. Loves it, but says if he was doing it now, he would move to Panama. He told me why, but I've forgotten most of the things except for the stable government.
That's one of the things that Jim likes--the stable government. Another is that the ground seems to be fairly stable and they don't have as many earthquakes as other places. He doesn't even want to spend the night in LA because he's sure there'll be an earthquake LOL!!! Of course, we're spending at least one night there because I'd never fly in on the day we sail out!

Beth

Chaccobean ruins (Costa Maya):
Organized by - skoi (Julie)
Tour company - Native Choice (David & Ivan)
Final numbers required two months in advance
Price - $50 (adult), $45 (child)

Group Brunch at Palo:
Organized by - skoi (Julie)
Requires a minimum of 12 people
PM names and reservation numbers of all interested parties
DCL will not confirm private room until approx 30 days out

Ornament Exchange:
Organized by - WVURunner
Date/Time - Day 7 at 2pm
Locationa - TBD

The ornament:
The ornament should be valued as close to $5 as is reasonable. It can be handmade or store bought. The gift should be wrapped before arriving to the party. Gift bags are OK.

The exchange:
1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute an ornament. Everyone sits or stands in roughly a circle around the pile of ornaments.
2. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
3. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses an ornament, opens it, and all admire it.
4. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped ornament (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's ornament, then #1 must open a wrapped ornament.
5. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped ornament (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.

The game continues based on the following:
1. If an ornament is stolen from you, you can steal a ornament (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped ornament is chosen.
3. An ornament cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
4. The fourth "owner" of an ornament gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
5. "Owners" of "live and playable" ornaments must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
6. The exchange ends when the last wrapped ornament is opened. Usually, guests are encouraged to perpetuate the ornament stealing as long as there are "live" ornaments, but no one is obligated to do this.

Panama Canal Certificates:
Organized by - DVCinderella (Liz)
Tiffany Publishing Company
Note - There are 2 versions of the certificate. We will be going with the "Revised" version.
Price - $7.25
Size - 15.5 x 21" (they are quite large)

Certificates can be personalized with either an individual's name or a family name, as long as it is under 40 characters.

It is strongly recommended that you pack a mailing tube to safely bring your certificates home (suggested sizes 2 x 18" or 2 x 24")...available at Office Depot, or any other major office supplier.

I will give the certificates in bulk to Guest Services so they can arrange for the Captain to sign them at his leisure (scheduled Captain is Thord Haugen, but that can change).

Our Meet & Greet to distrbute the signed PC certificates has been scheduled with DCL. They have reserved the following for us:

Date: Wednesday, December 19th (Day 11/Sea Day)
Time: 9am

Please mark this down in your itinerary, as I will have no way to remind everyone once we are onboard.

Also, if your GTY assignment has come through, or if your stateroom number has changed, please PM me.

4everluvDisney (1)
abbyar (2)
adnil530 (2)
ArGa (1)
BethC1952 (1)
BTH (2)
bugsgrandma (2)
CaptainandTennille (1)
Cayucan (3)
Coke Zero (2)
Cruise (1)
DeAnnaBelle (1)
dee bee (1)
DindelsPA (1)
DisneyManFamily4 (2)
disneyrick (1)
dthogue (1)
DVCinderella (5)
FLPrincessMom (1)
GDes1 (3)
Gilland18 (2)
goiu (1)
hedgerow (3)
honeybeesmom (2)
Jeff Spencer (1)
JessicasMom (3)
julesrx00 (3)
knittingmaven (2)
LAS2012 (1)
Lawrence J (1)
magicmaker1 (1)
MaryLou1962 (1)
mnewcomer (2)
Moby (1)
mouse66 (3)
mug318ca (1)
pharmjenn (1)
rach7 (1)
Ramzmich (2)
RoxyHive (8)
schepp (1)
skoi (6)
socababy (1)
spiiffy (1)
suedaisy (1)
Travelbee (2)
tweetybabee (1)
WVURunner (1)
yucaipagal (2)

We haven't really researched the ports much - we only booked for the huge number of sea days, and because it was Mum's birthday and because of the Panama Canal and because the Christmas decorations are up... :rotfl:

We sailed last Halloween on the Wonder and when we were getting off the ship, they were decorating for Christmas so this is a huge plus for us! :thumbsup2 We love making gingerbread houses. Does anyone have any pics of ones they've made in the past? Life is good! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter