ECV Options

HeiHei2018

Mouseketeer
Please help me think through ECV options. I can walk up to about a mile at a time, but it gets painful after that (and pain builds as the mileage builds up). This is new for me; we walked 10 miles a day our last trip. Is it better to rent an ECV for the whole trip (3.5 days/3 nights), with the risk of having to wait for the next bus if all ECV slots are full? Or should I try to rent at each park, which means walking from resort room to bus stop and bus stop to ECV rental? If I do a full week rental, it would have to be the preferred vendor that drops off at bell services. I don’t want to spend time on such a short trip waiting for delivery and pick up. I haven’t bought our tickets yet because I am unsure if the ECV can work with all the park time we have planned.

Too many times there had been no ECVs at a park when we arrived, so DH has decided to rent for the stay. We have had to wait for the next bus, but really, not that often. Our worst experiences have been coming home from Epcot. I always rent for the length of stay.

I would get an ecv for the whole time. But I wouldn't use the preferred vendor. Most off site renters will let you know the pick up and drop off times that are available, so there isn't a lot of waiting around. I've read to many posts from people who say the preferred vendor is good--until you have a problem.

ECV saved my March trip-tried to go without it realized first day it wasn't going to work. This next trip I have rented one for the entire 2 weeks I'll be there. I only had to wait once for a bus-and that wasn't because ECV were already on board but rather after fireworks at MK and there were lots of people already lined up for the bus before I got there and I was fine with that.

Plus, renting for the entire trip is by far the better value. In-park rentals cost $65/day. At least you only pay that once a day. If you go to a second park the same day, just save the receipt and you don't pay again. However in 4 park days, you've paid $200 on park rentals. And sometimes it's a very long walk to the park bus stop after you turn back in your ECV. You'd pay roughly that, maybe a few dollars more, for a full-time one week rental from an off-site vendor. Much better financially.

I don’t want to spend time on such a short trip waiting for delivery and pick up
I do short trips of the time (my son is a CM and I go to visit with my AP) and I've tried the preferred vendor Scooterbug twice. BOTH times I had problems that took more time away from the park had I rented from a vendor that drops off. The first time I got an ECV that would uncontrollably roll backwards/forwards on slopes - or wouldn't work at all - couldn't get a replacement until the next day. Second time I lost the key (my fault) in the morning on a ride and spent the entire day trying to talk to ANYONE at that place who could help me. Never got a call back. Ended up leaving the ECV at the attraction and my family (thankfully were with me this time because often I'm alone) pushed me in a WC. Spent so much time on the phone, had to rent an ECV from Epcot anyway. Never got a call back from Scooterbug but they did drop off another ECV for me the next day at the resort - without telling me. I happened to send my husband over there to check on a whim which it's good I did.

Just keep in mind that if you rent from Scooterbug and have an issue - it could wipe a day off your trip. Plus the ECV's I got were in awful shape. I won't try them again. Gold mobility has gone to shorter rental option and I'll stick with them as I can choose my drop off and pick up time and they're usually within 30 mins of it.

We have decided to rent an ECV for our length of stay, it will be a life saver! Has anyone had experience with a company called Amusement Park Rentals? They offer a military discount at a very reasonable price. Am looking for some feedback. Thanks very much.

We have decided to rent an ECV for our length of stay, it will be a life saver! Has anyone had experience with a company called Amusement Park Rentals? They offer a military discount at a very reasonable price. Am looking for some feedback. Thanks very much.
I have not heard of that company and have not seen any posts about it

Haven't heard of them, but check with Gold Mobility, they have really good prices and may also offer a discount, not sure about that, but their equipment is in great condition and customer service is top notch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter