Ed- you still have your Suburban?

Oy @Syndrome You have the unicorn 'burban! We keep looking for a 2500 IF we have to get rid of ours. It is very slim pickin's

ED! How did I miss this? I feel like I should have seen this in the RIP thread haha.
My hubs wants a Yukon XL- I'm ok with that as long as I can call it a Yeti. He wants a Denali for the 6.0

@bama_ed I think you jinked me (you know I don't believe in that stuff though)

Our Burb has been sitting in the driveway for a week now. We pulled the camper home and backed in, turned it off to let the dogs in the house; we came out and started the 'burb to move the camper and made it 10' into the road and it died on us. The kids and I pushed the suburban and camper back into the driveway and we have been messing with it since.
Not the fuel pump...not the crankshaft sensor...not the security lock...No codes on the reader, so now we are waiting on a mechanic to run diagnostics.

We have a Mazda B3000 to putter around on, but it JUST holds me and 3 of the older kids, and I do not feel safe with them in the back. SO, if we get the Suburban fixed, we will be buying my hubby a truck as a backup that we are all safe enough to fit in. #largefamilytroubles

@bama_ed I think you jinked me (you know I don't believe in that stuff though)

Well good luck with finding the problem, rides. At least you made it home with the camper.

I just bought my third car of the year (if you can believe that). I got my Yukon XL in January, DD's replacement in late March (she rear ended somebody in a turn lane and airbags deployed-totaled), and DW's replacement this week (she got rear ended at a stop light and car was totaled). DD is on her own now so my fleet is down to two cars and a camper.

You'll have fun shopping for a back-up truck.

Ed

Not the fuel pump...not the crankshaft sensor...not the security lock...No codes on the reader, so now we are waiting on a mechanic to run diagnostics.

Oh no ! That stinks . At least you were at home when it happened !
I would have lost money on that bet .........I would have guessed either the fuel pump , or crank sensor ! I actually keep a crank sensor in the back of the Burb at all times (quite a different ordeal in an 8.1 tho) . Cant think of what else it could be off hand ?
Good luck figuring it out , has to be something "non terminal" if it ran good on your trip , right ?!?!
You are sure its not out of gas right ? :headache:

No backup for now Ed, after replacing plugs, wires, crankshaft sensor, fuel pump AND trying to reset the security system- it was the camshaft sensor.
Winston is back in business haha. It was hard to be down the only vehicle that could haul us all, so we will be seriously thinking of selling our B3000 and getting a crew cab.

@Syndrome it was half full, so we did not even drop the tank, we cut a hole in the body above the pump- right under the passenger seat. Easy access hatch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter