Egypt 2011 ***IMPORTANT UPDATE 2/4/11 Post # 190***

I think we will do the same. Let me know of who you use to book and I will do the same. Thanks!

I would be interested in who you book with too. We are going in April and arrive the night before the Adventure begins. I would love to see the show - the pictures on the internet look amazing! I can hardly wait for this trip!

Egypt is world best tourist pace now in a a days. Mostly tourist has to first prefer this place for tour. I went to Egypt last years with my family to see pyramids and mummies. It was really awesome build up for curried mummies.

I think we will do the same. Let me know of who you use to book and I will do the same. Thanks!

I highly recommend Viator for 'add on' side adventures. We did a couple tours with them in italy (Angels and Demons was AMAZING) and they are really great. We already booked the light show on the pyramids, Alexandria, Memphis and the Hanging Church (and DH is trying to figure out when we can do the Nile Dinner Cruise without being zombies). No... I don't have a vested interest in Viator, I only have the great experiences from the last two weeks to go by.

They aren't Disney by any stretch of the imagination, but they are very knowledgeable, they limit the number of people on any given tour so it isn't unwieldy, and they do a great job of explaining and engaging you during the trip.

I need to work it in during the ABD tour because I will have maybe only one extra night - tour goes off on 12/27 and I need to spend Christmas Eve with family so 12/25 is the earliest I can fly - and from what I am seeing I should be there late on the 26th and won't want to do a tour right then. So it will need to be during the ADB stop in Cairo. I would need to know which night is best to break away and go on that tour. (I did something similar in Australia so I know it can be done)

Would be much easier to add in with a pre-stay or post stay though. Not sure I can afford a post stay what with the single supplement I am paying.

I highly recommend Viator for 'add on' side adventures. We did a couple tours with them in italy (Angels and Demons was AMAZING) and they are really great. We already booked the light show on the pyramids, Alexandria, Memphis and the Hanging Church (and DH is trying to figure out when we can do the Nile Dinner Cruise without being zombies). No... I don't have a vested interest in Viator, I only have the great experiences from the last two weeks to go by.

They aren't Disney by any stretch of the imagination, but they are very knowledgeable, they limit the number of people on any given tour so it isn't unwieldy, and they do a great job of explaining and engaging you during the trip.

I used Viator to book the Sounds of Silence dinner at Ayers Rock during my Australian ABD. I don't think Viator actually runs the tours themselves, I just think they're sort of a tour ticket agency. I had absolutely no problem with the reservation and I did earn frequent flier miles for making the Viator reservation (although I did have to submit an inquiry to Viator for the missing miles before they posted).

I need to work it in during the ABD tour because I will have maybe only one extra night - tour goes off on 12/27 and I need to spend Christmas Eve with family so 12/25 is the earliest I can fly - and from what I am seeing I should be there late on the 26th and won't want to do a tour right then. So it will need to be during the ADB stop in Cairo. I would need to know which night is best to break away and go on that tour. (I did something similar in Australia so I know it can be done)

Would be much easier to add in with a pre-stay or post stay though. Not sure I can afford a post stay what with the single supplement I am paying.

Given that, the first day you don't even have your welcome dinner (it is a welcome breakfast the next day...) and all you do is meet the guides in the lobby and they will tell you where is good to eat... you might be actually able to make it the first day.

And the extra day isn't a horrible price... we are doing double rooms... but we are only paying 350 plus or minus dollars for each day (compared to the horrible price we paid in Italy... something like 1000 dollars on either end) it might not bee too terrible.

We are considering the June 21, 2011 Egypt trip because it works out well with our school and summer schedules. One concern though is the heat. So we haven't put in our reservation yet.

Disappointed that there are no adults only tours, but I might book this anyway. 2011 or 2012 is the question. 7 night only I think - I don't need the 2 nights at the beach.

Catherine - have you booked yet for Dec? Are you still thinking of a 7 night? We want to add the snorkeling (actually, we would try to upgrade to Scuba diving if at all possible).

I am leaning toward the December 2011 trip. I would like to avoid the HOT, HOT days of summer.

Laurie - have you booked yet?

We are thinking of Oct. We also wish there was an adults only, we were considering China for next year, but the adults only trip is the same time as the Alaskan cruise. We book on DVC points, so we may have to wait for contracts - haven't contacted DVC yet.

Hi Lynn!

Single supplement works better if I leave out the beach days. I know you guys are divers but I did the Great Barrier Reef, what do I need more snorkling for? I'm booked on the December 27 7 night tour.

Maybe China mid-2012 if they still have it?

I don't know if it is completely sold out yet... but the price of July is way higher than most of the others (which astounds me)... over $6000... so I would say if it isn't sold out... it is close

I don't know if it is completely sold out yet... but the price of July is way higher than most of the others (which astounds me)... over $6000... so I would say if it isn't sold out... it is close

Why would the price be indicative of how well it's selling?

Hmmm... I don't see any July dates at all. Could they have sold out this quickly? Were there only a couple of spots left?

Sayhello

For the 7 nights there are only three tours still listed (April 2010, December 2011, April 2011)

There are more for the 9 nights. And I got the dates wrong. April 2011, December 2011, April 2012.

Hi Lynn!

Single supplement works better if I leave out the beach days. I know you guys are divers but I did the Great Barrier Reef, what do I need more snorkling for? I'm booked on the December 27 7 night tour.

Maybe China mid-2012 if they still have it?

Catherine - maybe we can hook up for China - we were really disappointed that the one adults only to china started the day we got off ship from the Alaskan cruise - or the next day - anyway, way too close for comfort! Scott is thinking that October (besides being his birthday), there might not be as many kids because of school - as there is no adults only trip here. We are sold on the adults only when we learned that if there had been kids on the Peru trip, we would not have had the chance to sample the guinea pig and alpaca, as on kids trips those are not mentioned as a food source.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter