Egypt - Level 4

Hawaii is one of our favorite places in the world! I can already say I highly recommend. However, we live in California so it is only a 5 hour flight and only a 2 hour time difference this time of year.
Yep, all of this is why on Monday when availability for Aulani in June popped back up we decided to bail out on our June Rhine river cruise and go to Maui and Oahu instead. The river cruise was originally supposed to be June 2021 to see the Wish for my son's graduation trip. We are actually really excited to go to Hawaii as our April 2020 trip was cancelled due to the shut-downs and then November 2020 Maui was cancelled as my test result came back too late to meet the Hawaii requirements (I waited at the airport hitting refresh on emails).

We are hoping they release the 2023 land dates and rates before we reach PIF and then will transfer the deposits to that.

Yeah I was
Mentioning to someone in my town last night about Italy. And she told me her nightmare of testing positive there a day before they came back to US and had no symptoms but was stuck in the government hotel (which wasn’t nice) for over a week. They paid double their vacation costs in the end to get out.
I always suspected this might be the case, but these are the first cases I've actually heard of so far. Scary stuff, even though I always get travel insurance. But there's more involved than the cost of the hotel and food and changing your flight, etc. Not something I'd care to experience!

Sayhello

I always suspected this might be the case, but these are the first cases I've actually heard of so far. Scary stuff, even though I always get travel insurance. But there's more involved than the cost of the hotel and food and changing your flight, etc. Not something I'd care to experience!

Sayhello
The big issue is most hotels won’t keep you. Off you go to the government hotel. Blah! If you google stuck in Italy Covid oh lord the stories. Nope nope nope. If you keep testing positive even with symptoms gone they keep you 21 days. Luckily the lady told me she had no symptoms case and got out when they tested her say 7

If ABD cancels your trip do they offer you an alternative like moving your trip for the same price to another date, or giving you 125% for future credit (like they did the cruises). I am going to be a bit miffed if they offer to move to another date but I have to pay a higher price since I have been moved and moved and moved for two years now.
SAme!!

I am so sorry this happened. Did she get to pick her hotel to quarantine in does the government decide? Thank you for sharing this story. It is really helpful to get first hand reports.
Sorry, didn't realize that I didn't reply sooner. They weren't in government quarantine, they stayed at the Hilton Heathrow. If they left their rooms they could have been fined by NHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter