Elevator Noise

VMS

DIS Veteran
We will be on the Wonder next March for our first cruise. My parents probably will be joining us, and they are currently holding room 6560 for them. They are in their late 70's, and my mom has a little trouble walking. I noticed this room is right across from the elevators, which I think would be good. I was concerned about excessive noise being that close to the elevators though. Has anyone had any experience with this room, or a one with a similar location?

Originally posted by VMS
We will be on the Wonder next March for our first cruise. My parents probably will be joining us, and they are currently holding room 6560 for them. They are in their late 70's, and my mom has a little trouble walking. I noticed this room is right across from the elevators, which I think would be good. I was concerned about excessive noise being that close to the elevators though. Has anyone had any experience with this room, or a one with a similar location?

We've stayed pretty close to elevators before and have had more trouble with noisy neighbors than we've had with the elevator traffic. I'll be curious to see what other DISrs say about this.

WE stayed in 6616, VERY close to the Aft elevators and exerienced absolutely no noise being so close to the elevators. The "'dings" are so quiet, I even had trouble hearing them when waiting for the elevator.

We just did the May 3 Eastern cruise. Had room 2556. It was right by the main elevators. Never heard any noise. So don't worry.

No problem here either. We were right next to the elevators in the mid-ship area and never experienced a problem with elevator noise. We loved the location of the room so much, we booked it again for this year!

Originally posted by VMS
We will be on the Wonder next March for our first cruise. My parents probably will be joining us, and they are currently holding room 6560 for them. (snip) or a one with a similar location?

We were just on the Wonder this month. Our room was 6060 which, is EXACTLY across the hall from 6560. It was a very convenient location for the elevators/stairs.
Noise was NOT even the least bit of a problem. Ok, on the very last night there was about 5 minutes worth of some loud teenagers in our hall around midnight. The noise wasn't what irked me.....it upset me more that their parents did not teach them "hotel" ettiquitte. Of course, it was their one last night to have fun on the ship, so I cut them some slack. ;)
Other than that, we heard no noise, even with our proximity to the elevators.

When I learned of our stateroom number and location, that concerned me too. Turned out not to be a problem.

(we have booked the EXACT same room for our cruise next may!)
HTH!!!

The only problem is people who are rude at 1 a.m. and let their children run up and down the hallway but that distrubed all the rooms not just us by the elevator. Didn't hear the dings -- just the few inconsiderate who forget what time it is and don't use their "inside" voices.

I actually prefer to be as close to the elevators as possible. I've never had a problem with noise which was attributable to the elevators. I particularly like being near the aft elevators, the better to get to the food....

I was double checking our room location for our 7/19/03 cruise and realized that we were also by an elevator. I was a little bit concerned but after reading this post feel much better.

We were in 2056, right next to mid ship elevators. We never really heard any noise. And I liked being where we could just use the stairs up one flight to the main atrium (Lumiere's, Guest relations, Beat Street, etc.) Up two flights and there was the beautiful view from Deck 4 and comfy lounge chairs. (Of course why walk when elevator is right there.) I was always mixed up though on where I was (fore or aft) so the middle was the best place for me!

Originally posted by Lloyd Dobler
I actually prefer to be as close to the elevators as possible. I've never had a problem with noise which was attributable to the elevators. I particularly like being near the aft elevators, the better to get to the food....

"Lloyd Dobler"!!! -- Is that really your name or are you just a fan of one of the *best* movies of all time???? btw..congrats on your first post!

Thank you for all of your responses. I'm glad to hear that being that close to the elevators is fine.

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
"Lloyd Dobler"!!! -- Is that really your name or are you just a fan of one of the *best* movies of all time???? btw..congrats on your first post!

Sadly, that is not my real name. However, I'm lucky enough not to have to buy anything, sell anything or process anything. I mean, as a career.

We stayed near the elevators last time also & had no problems except for something similar to the previous posts - one very brief instance of little kids talking loudly & running down the hall. You have that in regular hotels NOT near elevators, tho.
To be fair, tho, we do use sound conditioners (white noise machines) which cuts out almost all the annoying noise. I'd stay in a room near an elevator again with no problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter