Elevators at OKW

genebart

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for info on OKW......Does each building have an elevator?

I will be traveling with a person that will be renting a ECV..... This of course will need to be recharged each night and therefore we will need to bring it inside each night...

Stairs dont seem like a good option here.

Any insight?

Make sure that Member Services is aware of your needs.

Almost none of the OKW buildings have elevators. Only the very new buildings that replaced the Commodore House (sales center) have elevators. These building have numbers in the 60s.

The vast majority of the OKW complex is comprised of three-story building with only stairs to the second and third floors. Would an accessable, ground floor unit meet your needs?

I would just ask MS to note on the reservation, ground floor; medical reasons.

The only time having an elevator is really an issue is if you need a Grand Villa (we have this problem in December because 2 of our party will be using ECV's, and one of them cannot walk). Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get what we need - pulling a person in a wheelchair up and down those steps isn't fun (we did that last year a couple of times).

Yes, make sure you have listed "ground floor or building with elevator for medical reasons." They fill the medical reasons requests before they fill the general requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter