Elsie's Surprise Swing into Spring ... Trip Report

We were up and out by 8.30, I had packed the car the night before so Elsie had no idea we were staying away.

The drive to Cardiff was very easy and very quick about an hour 15-20 minutes.

We arrived at the arena about 40 minutes before the show started but it was still busy everywhere. It is so expensive here pop corn is £3.50, £5 a box or £8 in a souvenir bag. Programs are £10, cheap looking toys making World of Disney look cheap.

The show was great, the stories were

Cars

The Little Mermaid

Tinkerbell

(no photos though)

Toy Story 3

and of course these guys were there

Mickey, Minnie and Goofy and Donald were there just no photos as I recorded most of the show for Elsie.

After the show we got back in the car and stopped at McDonalds for a lunch and a potty break. Back on the road I think we managed nearly 3 hours before our next potty break. We arrived at the tunnel port early and were offered an earlier time.

We had a little look around inside and let Elsie play in the park to stretch her legs and burn off some energy.

The tunnel was very quick and easy. We all had a little something to eat and I got Elsie in to her PJ's set the I pad up with Wreck it Ralph and we were all set to get back on the road.

The journey on the other side was very easy. We stopped once for a potty break then Elsie fell asleep until we got to the hotel.

The road is a toll road but you are given a ticket at the first booth and then later on at the end of the road (Miles and miles down at the end of the road) you pay there. We paid 21 something Euro's.

We arrived at the hotel about 11pm. Dave checked in whilst I waited in the car with Sleeping Beauty.

The room was clean and had everything you need but it was so noisy. People shouting, door banging, music playing.

Reading along :)
Never been to disney on ice for years.
I may have to treat us looking at your photos it looks a lot better than it used to be :thumbsup2:

which offsite hotel were you at tinks?

I can't believe how much Elsie has grown - what a gorgeous little girl :).

Yeah you've started your TP I can't wait to read it xx

YAY! I have actually started it now as well :thumbsup2

Reading along :)
Never been to disney on ice for years.
I may have to treat us looking at your photos it looks a lot better than it used to be :thumbsup2:

We went last year and it was good. I haven't been since I was 6-7 my self :hyper:

which offsite hotel were you at tinks?

I can't believe how much Elsie has grown - what a gorgeous little girl :).

It was the Premiere Classe MLV

Aw thank you. She really has grown up quick.

:yay:
Delighted to be following along too. How did Elsie take the surprise? Looks like day 1 was carefree and relaxed - looking forward to more.
Kiz
xx

Wow Elsie is looking so grown up. Disney on Ice looked like fun. Looking forward to reading the rest. :goodvibes

:yay:
Delighted to be following along too. How did Elsie take the surprise? Looks like day 1 was carefree and relaxed - looking forward to more.
Kiz
xx

I forgot to say about the surprise! :scared1:

It wasn't what I was hoping for lol!
She was so excited about the show I should have saved it till we got in the car. Silly me! I will know better for next time! :rotfl:

Wow Elsie is looking so grown up. Disney on Ice looked like fun. Looking forward to reading the rest. :goodvibes

Thank you! Grown up too fast.

Woke up feeling worse than when I went to bed. I was so tired, I couldn't wait to et out of there and check in to some luxury.

We arrived at the Disneyland Hotel and check in took ages. There were only two other families in front of us (already being seen to).

We were in the park about 8.30 I was taken away by the Swing into Spring theme.

So I had read over and over again that Sundays are busy so we got on with the rides. Peter Pan first. Elsie LOVES Peter at the moment and is convinced he will give her pixie dust to fly.

Tea cups (Dave hates the cups makes him sick ha ha I may have helped Elsie spin it more :rotfl: )

Dave went to get in line for a pss for the Princesses. Whilst Dave was there Elsie and I went to see the Dragon

The dragon is Elsie's new obsession. Sleeping Beauty is her new favourite and she tells every one about the dragon. Apparently she is angry because some one stole her baby egg. I asked who and she said the ghosts from Phantom Manor lol! Well actually she said from the ghost house.

Pull the sword

Ride Snow White. She loved that the witch was there.

Whilst in the queue there was a family behind me that everyone kept pointing too and then the family in front asked to have their photo with him. I saw this happen a lot and I saw him every where. I have no idea who he was and neither did Dave.

Next up a go on Pinocchio. This ride needs a good oiling lol! It was very squeaky.

We then met up with Dave and made our way around Labyrinth

Elsie had a paddy because the slide isn't there any more. She saw it on the sing a long video from like 1994 and didn't understand where it had gone. Though it is still there you just can't go on it.

It was already time for our meet and greet with a princess so we made our way over. We saw Ariel and Belle walk in. Guess who wet met?

Did you get it right? She was very good with Elsie they talked for a while. Is it just me or can no one else hear in that little bit where you actually meet the princesses?

After rubbing shoulders with the royals Elsie declared she was hungry so we made our way down Main Street for a cake and drink each. I guess you could call it a late breakfast.

After our snack we made our way over to Phantom Manor. I love the theme but I hate I can't understand the ghost host :( I love that about WDW.

We also had a quick ride on POTC before we made our way out of the park for our Brunch reservation.

To be continued ...

Fab start to the trip looks like you did loads just in that morning :thumbsup2
Looking forward to the brunch pictures this is on my meal plan for our next trip.
X

We had a reservation for 1.30 at inventions for the Sunday brunch. Today's theme was Snow White and the 7 dwarves, Snow White is my favourite and I was very excited.

We saw Prince Mickey First.

I kind of expected Princess Minnie after seeing Mickey but we didn't :/

Then grumpy

Snow White and Dopey

They were amazing with Elsie. Snow White was very much in character and Dopey gave Elsie so much fuss

Doc

He was the only one who wouldn't sign. I don't know why though.

Bashful

Sneezy

We didn't see any more dwarves. Which is ashame we saw them when we were at the buffet but I guess they just never made it round to our room.

Did see Pluto though

The food was great and we were stuffed when we left.

It was now 3 so we went to find out where are room was. Elsie was getting tired and had a small melt down at the check in desk. The CMs were great though. They gave her some balloons and a badge.

Our room was on the ground floor. At first I was so disappointed I was hoping for a great view but the convenience of this room couldn't be beat.

We had a little rest than went back for decent on the stairs. As each character appeared Elsie would scream like she was some groupie at a concert. She loved it and it is such a shame they are stopping it.

We saw every one but Snow White and Dopey but we had just seen them at brunch so we weren't too disappointed.

As we walked to back to our room all the characters were walking with us. They were going to the cast member only door but they walked Elsie to our room and waved good bye to her and blew her loads of kisses.

With that amazing bit of pixie dust it took us a while to even realise that pixie dust had been sprinkled in the room as well. There was a hopper from fox and the hound on the bed for Elsie and roses on the table for me. Nothing for dave ha ha! Just the bill lol!

Oh how lovely are all those pictures. Lovely to hear brunch was good and descent of stairs. How sweet that they walked her to your room. Reading along now to steal lots of ideas!!
Glad to hear driving easy enough, especially after a long day too!!

Yay an update.

Wow Snow White and the Dwarves would be out ultimate brunch theme and what a wonderful selection of characters for the descent of the stairs:goodvibes

The photos of Elsie with the dwarves are just priceless she couldn't grin any more! How brilliant the characters walked you to the door, sounds like a really magical trip xx

Your little one is so cute and that Snow White dress looks just beautiful on her!

I'm thinking of adding the Inventions Sunday Brunch as well, but I don't know if it's worth for two adults (although we're going to do Auberge).

What a great theme for brunch! I think it was Mother's Day in France, that might be why you got the roses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter