Emergency Lane Closures on Property

PammyK

DIS Veteran
Just an FYI...about a week ago, there was an accident where a truck hit one of the overpasses on property resulting in structural damage. This has caused the closure of 2 lanes of traffic on the overpass as well as the closure of one exit. There is what appears to be a fairly well marked detour though.

I'm bad with the road names though...the Overpass is I think World Drive (SR-536 off property) and the road that it passes over may be Buena Vista. Anyway...I'm not sure how long they'll be working on this, but I thought I'd give a heads-up for anyone coming down soon.

Maybe Tyler can provide more details and an ETA for completion of the work?

Yeah...We got stuck in the inital road closure on our Arrival date Dec 4.....I also can't remember the name or number of the overpass.....

Argh... it deleted my post. Grr.

Okay... so, the bridge is called Bridge 5. It is Epcot Center Drive (536) inbound, running over Buena Vista Drive, westbound.

There are lane closures, and during peak times, I imagine traffic will back up a little bit.

One exit is closed, however, impact is negligable, as the next exit provides the same access. Just requires one additional traffic light. At this point, I beleive they have it well marked off.

Last I heard, it might be up to 8 weeks before it's repaired. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter