"Enclosed" Water Slides

rich7214

Earning My Ears
Taking 1st WDW family vacation this summer. I've read some things that some of the resort water slides at the deluxe and moderates are "enclosed". My kids love the slides, but I think they may be a little scared if they are closed in.

What have been your experiences? Has anyone seen a website or previous post which specifically describes the various pools? It seems like the one at the Poly is like a tunnel - but it's tough to tell from the photos.

Thanks for the help, I have already gained a tremendous amount of WDW knowledge by sharing in your experiences.

Most are only partially enclosed. The longer one at CBR is completely enclosed, and rather rough, IMO, I would only ride it once and I like slides. The one at BC/YC is extremely long and enclosed at the beginning. I don't remember the one at WL being enclosed at all, though its been a long time since we used that slide. Usually if it is partially enclosed the enclosed part is pretty short.

We are staying at the Beach Club in May and my son was curious about the pirate ship water slide. I know it is enclosed and pretty long so I am nervous for him. So we looked it up on Youtube and there was a video from the point of the "slider" and he thought it looked interesting. Whether he'll attempt it or not, at least he has an idea of what it would be like. Maybe you can check and see if you can find anything to help you.

:welcome::disrocks:

Welcome to the Dis!

This is my experience with the slides from the resorts we've stayed at:

WL - much enclosed, also faster than it looks
CR - no enclosure
BC/YC - long enclosure (also tall slide)
POR - no enclosure
AKL - no enclosure

If I am not mistaken, CSR slide is competely or almostly open. I tried it once, fun.

Just checked out some videos, the one at the Poly looks long, closed and red? I guess it's the "lava"...is this true?

Another question - the updated pool at the CBR is enclosed? It looked opened in a video I saw.

Another question - the updated pool at the CBR is enclosed? It looked opened in a video I saw.

There are 2 slides. I do not remember what old one is but new one, the one which is big is enclosed, my DD did not do it for this particular reason. BTW, pictures of pool on Disney site are not updated, look for pictures here on board.

We just stayed at CBR and at the main pool there are 2 slides. One is open, the other is closed, but often has a longer line. Maybe it is a longer slide? My dd9 only went on the open one and loved it. There are also some smaller slides on the new pirate water play area too.

Is the slide at the Poly enclosed? I love the location but my kids will be upset if they are too scared of it...

Yes, the slide at the Poly pool is enclosed completely! I screamed the entire way down (I'm such a sissy) and I'm in my 40s. My nieces & nephew thought it was hilarious.

Is the slide at the Poly enclosed? I love the location but my kids will be upset if they are too scared of it...

Yes, the Poly slide is enclosed, but my DD says it's not scary. That you can see the sunlight through it... Hope this helps...

YC/BC is half enclosed, half open, and lots of fun.

GF is completely open.

AKL is completely open.

Not sure how old your children are, but this past december we stayed at POFQ and my DD-7 and DS-4 loved the slide. So age may also be part of this decision. There wasn't a whole lot to this slide, but they thought it was awesome. The resort was also excellent. the smallest of the moderates and no bad room location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter