Enjoying BCV right now...any Qs?

Thanks, Erik. We're having a great time. My husband and son are off to MGM and I'm just DISsing while I wait for our daughter.

We most often stay at the Polynesian. Our family has been staying there since 1983 and it feels like a second home. But we have also stayed at the GF a number of times and are doing so this trip. Three of us stayed at AKL one trip too. So it's not as if the stays are inexpensive. My husband just can't stand to pay double points for the same DVC accommodations on the weekend.

How are the crowds? We are planning a May 08 trip and trying to decide either first or second full week in May. Tx.

CharityLynn and Treacle, I love the Epcot side best especially the rooms with a view of the woods or fairy ring. But with a rollin 2BR, pool view is the only choice and I've come to love that as well.

JimMIA, thanks for the good wishes. Which view did you have this trip and what do you prefer?

Zulaya, I'll do my best to spread some pixie dust for you. Happy planning.

Thanks for replying BCV23. The CM I put my request in with said he'd put a lake view as they don't recognise Epcot view anymore as the trees have grown so tall. Is that a good view too?

Hope you're having a winderful time.

T
x

does anyone else think BCV foyer has a strange smell? Not a stink, nothing offensive, but it has a smell I can't put my finger on? :3dglasses
Ah, yes-I love, love, love that smell! I apolgize to anyone walking in back of me. If you're walking into the BCV and the lady in front of you stops dead in her tracks so you almost run into her, that's probably me-as soon as I get to the BCV, the doors "Whoosh" open and I walk in, I suddenly stop, breathe deep, and a big smile comes over my face-I'm home! And I do this several times a trip. I guess you could say I've kind of noticed that strange ("unique") smell.

Ah, yes-I love, love, love that smell! I apolgize to anyone walking in back of me. If you're walking into the BCV and the lady in front of you stops dead in her tracks so you almost run into her, that's probably me-as soon as I get to the BCV, the doors "Whoosh" open and I walk in, I suddenly stop, breathe deep, and a big smile comes over my face-I'm home! And I do this several times a trip. I guess you could say I've kind of noticed that strange ("unique") smell.

:rotfl2: I wonder if it comes in a spray can like "new car smell".

How are the crowds? We are planning a May 08 trip and trying to decide either first or second full week in May. Tx.

I was there during the second week in May last year and then again during Memorial Day week. When i was there the second week of May crowds were very light, so I'd think the same would be true for the first week. Memorial Day week was a different story.

My favorite flavor! When I went in January, they said it had been discontinued. And when I went 2 weeks ago, no sign of it. I'd love to hear it came back, though.

I was down there April 22 - 29 and sorry, no pistachio, but toasted almond was good!

:rotfl2: I wonder if it comes in a spray can like "new car smell".

My husband thinks I'm nuts but I swear thats a beachy ocean smell. I seriously think its some sort of spray for effect/atmosphere. Would Disney go that far for detail?

On June 10th I hope to remember to stop and smell the BCV! Usually, I just stop to smell the wonderful gardenias along the walkway!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Not too crowded at all. We don't do EMH parks though. Last year we were here the last week of April into the first week of May and the weather was a little cooler. I suppose on average the first week of May would be cooler than the second so if it was an option for us, I'd probably pick first week.

Thanks for replying BCV23. The CM I put my request in with said he'd put a lake view as they don't recognise Epcot view anymore as the trees have grown so tall. Is that a good view too?

Hope you're having a winderful time.

T
x

Tracey, there is no lake view at BCV. There is a view of a canal.

I don't think you can request Epcot view but I've had CMs work with a request of Epcot side. Rooms may face the back of some Epcot buildings. Some have a view of Spaceship Earth but not too many. And there are trees and bushes in between. Views at BCV are not considered the strength of the resort but we've actually enjoyed every view we've had.

My husband thinks I'm nuts but I swear thats a beachy ocean smell. I seriously think its some sort of spray for effect/atmosphere. Would Disney go that far for detail?

That wouldn't surprise me!

We actually prefer the plain woods view in the back of the resort. Quiet, plus you get to watch the laundry carts take that turn too fast. We've seen two turn over so far!! And from the reaction of the CMs who come and help turn it upright it must happen ALL the time :)

Tracey, there is no lake view at BCV. There is a view of a canal.

I don't think you can request Epcot view but I've had CMs work with a request of Epcot side. Rooms may face the back of some Epcot buildings. Some have a view of Spaceship Earth but not too many. And there are trees and bushes in between. Views at BCV are not considered the strength of the resort but we've actually enjoyed every view we've had.

Or you could ask for the "oval view". :laughing: (inside joke. Well, actually an outside joke...)

I think so. I recently bought a texturizing sea salt spray for my hair from my hairdresser. When I started using it, the smell was very similar to the smell in BCV's lobby. That leads me to think they use some sort of sea salt spray in the air.

Or you could ask for the "oval view". :laughing: (inside joke. Well, actually an outside joke...)

I prefer to call it the fairy ring.:surfweb: I love that area as well as the woods view that jennypenny prefers.

Funny story, jennypenny. I've not seen that!

Pocahantas, can you share the name of the product? Then we can all run out and get a scent of "home." :goodvibes

Is that the *oval view*?? That's funny. I didn't realize that when I read erikthewise's thread.

Now I know what to ask for at the front desk ;)

Pocahantas, can you share the name of the product? Then we can all run out and get a scent of "home." :goodvibes

I sure can. It is Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray. Here is a link to a website that sells it -Aquage. I wonder if they make candles :scratchin.

all of this is so entertaining! we'll be landing at BCV 3 weeks from today
(6/8) for a 4-night stay - our first at BCV - before moving over to our home at the Boardwalk. now we know about some of the things to watch for over there...i didn't realize that tipping laundry-carts could be so fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter