ENT rate at HoJos? When?

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Can anyone tell me when the Entertainment Rate is available at the Howard Johnsons? One month out or sooner? Thanks!

We have booked the Hojo for the 2nd week in June, at the ENT rate of $49. I had been checking for the ent rate since December. It wasn't available then, and I just kept checking every week or two. The first part of Feb. it finally popped up. When are you going? Good luck!!

Sorry...I'm brand new here as of today. What does "ENT rate" mean? How can I get it?

I'm staying at HoJo June 17-23 and used mousesavers.com to get a $67.15 rate, but $49 sure sounds better!

Thanks for any info.

Christine

"Long live the Haunted Mansion!" :teeth:

Hi All,
I am confused with how to get ent rate??
I thought you just asked when you booked if the ent rate was available for your stay.
Do they release ent rate rooms close to when you stay?? Do they appear on Hojo's web site?

Mouselover- where were you checking for the rate?

Thanks
Carinv

You just call the hotel and ask for the entertainment rate. The supposed rules of the rate is that hotels will only offer the discount if they are less than 80% full. Some have restrictions that say you can't book an ent. rate more than 30 days out, but others don't have that restriction.

ENT = Entertainment - as in the Entertainment books but you can also go to entertainment.com and get a monthly subscription to their online service and still benefit from the discounted rates.

Welcome to DIS ChrisDawn :wave2:

I was informed by HoJo staff that ENT rate will NOT be available for May .. or at least not in mid/early May. In fact I went back to check rates thru the laughingplace discount link and all they had left where the more expensive rooms (home office, suites) for my dates PLUS much higher rates now than what I got ($75.65 Disney view for May 14- 20th) .

They staff told me they were over 50 % sold out and expected to be full -- that was when I emailed Willie and his staff back in January!! :earseek:

Typically I call three months in advance and get the rate with no problems (April and November trips last year)

Good luck!! Even at the laughingplace rate HoJo's is worth the price .. but $49 does sound so much nicer, sigh...

I am hoping to get 2 rooms at the ENT rate for one night before our DLH stay at the end of August. Should I go ahead and reserve through Mousesavers and call the hotel in a couple of months to see if I can change the rate on the reservation, or just wait to reserve?

We are going June 15-21 and I called HoJo about the entertainment rate. I tried both the corporate reservation 800# and the hotel 800# and got the same answer from both calls-ent rate was $71.20 for that time. I got a much cheaper rate -$58.65 from mousesavers.

Ent rate is nice if you can get it, but don't plan on it.

Do you HAVE to have a card to show at check in? I live in Canada, and no where here in Windsor can one buy the book, I'd have to go to Detroit, but if I don't have to, it would be great! Has anyone had to show their card?

Thanks,

Jules

We are going May 1-3, before the 50th even starts, and they have a rate of $99 everywhere I looked.

Just called the 800 number for HoJo's and they would not give me the ent rate info with out having an ID#. They said I would have to buy the book and give them the ID# before they would quote me ent rates. I was hoping to find out what the rates were for August 14 to 16 to see if it would be worth buying the book Also do I need to buy the book for LA or can I buy the Sacramento book and use it to get the rates HoJo at disneyland.

The books are only $9.99 right now, so its not that much of an investment. Also, you can purchase a monthly subscription online (entertainment.com) for $3.99 a month. I've heard of people buying now, getting the member number, then using it for a later month, but I don't know all the rules about it.

Just called the HoJo's 800# again and spoke with a different person and they told me the ENT rates for August 14-16 where $109 that's no better then booking using the HoJo website. Help if I can not save any money why should I buy the ENT book?

grandmotherof10 said:
Just called the 800 number for HoJo's and they would not give me the ent rate info with out having an ID#. They said I would have to buy the book and give them the ID# before they would quote me ent rates. I was hoping to find out what the rates were for August 14 to 16 to see if it would be worth buying the book Also do I need to buy the book for LA or can I buy the Sacramento book and use it to get the rates HoJo at disneyland.

Really? I emailed Willie Simpson william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com and he gave me the Ent rates for my week without asking for ID#, and I don't even have a card yet. Mind you, I never TOLD him I didn't have a card yet, but he told me the rates with no prob!!!

Jules

Thanks for the info CdnDisneyFan. I e-mailed williamsimpson@hojoanaheim.com and was told ENT rates where closed for the summer. William said the best rate I could get was online at $98.10. I'm disappointed after hear the great rates others got. Oh well it sounds like they are at 80% so if I want to stay there I better book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter