Entertainment portion of DC card

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
I'm ready to pull my hair out!!!!!!!! I'm trying to make reservations for our March trip to Disneyland. Originally we had planned on staying at a campsite but have just recently decided to stay in a hotel. I feel that I have to make reservations now since I've got a little more than 6 months to go until our trip. Every hotel that I've contacted that is part of the Entertainment Club states that they don't have the rates yet and that they won't until Jan 1, 2002. And the ones that do have the rates are completely different than their rack rates on the internet. I'm getting frustrated and feel like I won't be able to find a hotel. I was on the website for one hotel that listed weekly rates of $299 but when I contacted them they acted like I was a crook and said the weekly rate was well over $900. :eek: I feel like I'm going in circles and don't know where to go. Has anyone used the entertainment portion of your DC successfully? And if so did they make you feel like a crook?

The DC Entertainment card doesn't apply to most Orlando hotels as far as I know you can use it in CA. The rack rate is the highest (list price) rate a hotel has. I'm sure the internet rates for most hotels are discounted. I don't think very many hotels have a rack rate of $43 /day (although many may have discounted rates that low). EB is good if you want to stay in an expensive hotel (S/D) at a discount. I suspect you may do just as well looking for AAA and other discounts.

I've used Entertainment for discounts, but it's never been 50%. On the other hand, each time the hotels were well over 80% booked and they still gave me a discount, which they're not even supposed to do.

The reason you're probably having a problem is because Entertainment rates usually don't come out that far ahead of time. They need to know if the hotel is going to be booked. Of course, that's a problem if you're traveling to an area that frequently gets booked up.

If you want to book this far ahead of time, you should probably try to get a discount another way. There are plenty of Web sites that offer discounted hotel prices.

Disneyland is surrounded by hotels, Many/most of them aren't particularly expensive and great discounts and values are available. I wouldn't even bother with trying to get the Entertainment book discount, unless you are trying to stay at one of the 2 or 3? Disneyland hotels (they are very expensive). There are a ton of other reasonably priced and nice hotels right next to DL. It's a small theme park, in an area of other theme parks, not at all like WDW. Check with a TA, AAA, or online at a discount hotel site, travelocity, or expedia. You shouldn't have any problem finding a room at a nice place.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter