Epcot boarding

nanatink

DIS Veteran
A few weeks ago we went to Epcot. I am in a wheel chair. We were confused as to which way we were suppose to go. There were no signs like at the other theme parks directing us to which way to go. Do we just stay in the main que or go around like at the other themeparks?

We always get the disabled guides at guest relations or at the hotel that tells where the wheelchair entrance is.

nanatink said:
A few weeks ago we went to Epcot. I am in a wheel chair. We were confused as to which way we were suppose to go. There were no signs like at the other theme parks directing us to which way to go. Do we just stay in the main que or go around like at the other themeparks?

Hi, nanatink. Like Michigan said, the Disability Guidemaps help. Sue has a link in the sticky thread at the top if you would like to view them.

Most of the attraction rides let you walk straight in. I remember Soarin' has an elevator at the bottom of the ramp on your left as you enter the Land Pavilion. But after that, I was able to ride through the Fast Pass line to get my ticket, then ride through the standby line all of the way to my seat because I could get out of my scooter. After the first ride, I got back in my scooter and went back to the front of the ride and went through the Fast Pass line to ride a second time.

Some of the older rides at Magic Kingdom, like Splash Mountain allow you to enter the regular lines with everyone up to a point that you come to the stairs, and then a Castmember directs you.

I guess if you don't see a sign, just go through the standby line or Fast Pass line with everyone else until a Castmember tells you otherwise if you don't have a guidemap at the time.

Sincerely, Ray

Thanks to all who have responded. The information I need about boarding the bus at Epcot there were no signs for the por boarding area so do I go in the main que or do like the signs point to at the other theme park boarding areas for return to resort? Epcot was the only one we noticed that was this way. Has anyone else had this same problem? I hope I'm not too confusing.

When you leave Epcot after illuminations and you think you are doing the right thing by following what was at other themeparks and there where no signs you know the term fish swimming upstream and you have about 10 others in your group. So we go back up and then get in that massive Que line. I'm just posting this to help others who need to know before they go.

nanatink said:
Thanks to all who have responded. The information I need about boarding the bus at Epcot there were no signs for the por boarding area so do I go in the main que or do like the signs point to at the other theme park boarding areas for return to resort? Epcot was the only one we noticed that was this way. Has anyone else had this same problem? I hope I'm not too confusing.

When you leave Epcot after illuminations and you think you are doing the right thing by following what was at other themeparks and there where no signs you know the term fish swimming upstream and you have about 10 others in your group. So we go back up and then get in that massive Que line. I'm just posting this to help others who need to know before they go.

Actually there are signs but they are easy to miss. Also my husband says that the drivers usually tell you which number stop to return to. I know they always tell me personally when I excit the bus if I have told them I am hearing impaired.
When you exit the park you go to the left to the bus area.

Talking hands I'm so glad you chimed in I would truly love to meet you sometimes. Missed you one year by a few days. I know the number stop. It's just that I don't know if there is a seperate line for wheelchair and ecv users at Epcot when you return to your resort. I hope I remember the next time I go and ask the bus driver. It's only at Epcot that we have this problem. Thanks all.

Go to the front just like you do with any bus stop so the driver can see you. If you are in the regular line it can cause problems as you cannot be seen and he ccan't load you first. Some driver may well refuse to load you in this situation if people are already seated in the seats where the ECV goes.

When you get to the Epcot bus boarding areas, you can see there the bus's front door will be because the chained queue line leads to it. If you acctually wait in the queue with a wheelchair or ecv, you won't get seen by the dirver, like the others mentioned. And, more likely, someone else with a wheelchair or ecv will actually go in the area in front of the queue and be boarded without the bus driver evven knowing that you were waiting first.
There is an area in front of the queue that is not in the roadway. Just park your party there - sort of in the area where the back door of the bus will end up - and the driver will see you waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter