Epcot Forever - need to get spot early?

Farro

Argh.
The last few times we've gone in October, we never needed to wait and get a spot for Illuminations, always ended up finding a decent one in World Showcase at start of show.

Is that still the case for the new interim show? Pretty easy to find a spot near showtime? We will be there early May for reference.

Thanks!

It's so funny, I remember when we went in 2000, everyone staked out spots for Illuminations so early!!!

November 2nd (Saturday of wine and dine weekend) we left the last eat to beat show and then found a bench in Japan to sit until the show

Do you guys think we will have trouble finding a spot with a 6:15 ADR at Monseiur Paul (entree and dessert)?

If you want a spot right on a railing or on a bench with a view, then I'd recommend grabbing a spot 45-60 min prior to showtime. If you don't care about having a railing or bench, no need to camp for a spot. You can find great views all around the lagoon right up to showtime

No need to be right at the fence for this show.
Everything is up well off the water

Can you see the fireworks from the Skyliner station area?
Staying at POP, thinking about going over arrival night to see the show.

I like to be able to see the water so that I can watch the watercraft pulling the kites. I love the kites. :)

How would the sightlines be if you're on the patio at The Rose and Crown?
I believe there are too many trees. Again if you have a clear vie of the sky above the lagoon, you're good. Last time I was walking out of the park and the show started I was by the totem pole photo op in Canada, stood there, by that photo op and had a perfect view, no one was around me cause everyone was on the rails

This makes me happy. I have been trying to figure out how to manage the evening entertainment in both Epcot and DHS, but I cannot figure out how to be in two places at once. If we could walk into Epcot after dinner on the Boardwalk without having to stake out space too far in advance, I can leave a spot for Jingle Bam if the girls want to see it. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter