Epcot Hotel Back On?

BLT offends me the least of all of the towers. Riviera is too boring and doesn't fit when surrounded by CBR. Gran Destino doesn't fit with the CSR theming. The Poly one looks like it'll be a boring eyesore, too.

Agreed. Those 2 buildings look very similar IMO. Same height, color, floor dividers and and dining spot on top.

That's weird, the update on the Poly tower shows BLT/CR in the background. Looks like one hotel IMO.

Screenshot_20230306_103709_Chrome.jpg

I think anything you do in that general area will have to be tower oriented as you'd be selling the team park view. It would only make sense to have as much roof top space as possible. Taking as many elements from the epcot festival center concept as they can. The architecture in that area of Epcot is all over the board, and a tower fits there better than Poly or CBR. Heck, do it right and it can be a new weannie for the park. Think of how big a screen that could be for projection shows.

Well hearing the Galactic Star might be going down to 2 “voyages” a week is this the beginning of the end? They should just fly it and park it in the proposed EPCOT hotel and make is a plush boutique experience.

Will the monorail be rerouted for it to become a true monorail access hotel or will it be in such close proximity that the monorail is an option?

Will the monorail be rerouted for it to become a true monorail access hotel or will it be in such close proximity that the monorail is an option?

I believe the original idea was that it would be pretty adjacent to the station, but not it seems like a different location is being considered.

Interesting. When was the last time Disney built a brand new non-DVC resort on property? I can't even remember! Was Coronado the last? Pop (and eventually half of Pop turned into AoA)?

I'm with the above poster. Make it a Figment equivalent of the Star Wars experience at HS, and my wife would be there several weeks each month!!

Star Cruiser lol

But I get your point. :)

One would think that if done correctly, it might connect the front of the park to the international gateway in a way that park admission would not be required. Allowing more non bus transportation options. Has the potential to turn the spine of epcot into an expansion of the boardwalk concept. Allowing evening entertainment, shopping and the like.
There was talk when the skyliner was built that they proposed other lines.
Relatively speaking it could be pretty minimal to have a skyliner line expansion from the main gate of epcot over to Port Orleans and Old Key west. Perhaps a station like at CBR and would then allow for another line down to Disney Springs(strawberry parking lot).

I wouldn't ever expect the Skyliner to connect to DS because that would make it too easy for people to park there and go to the parks. They try to avoid direct connections between DS and the parks as much as possible.

I wouldn't ever expect the Skyliner to connect to DS because that would make it too easy for people to park there and go to the parks. They try to avoid direct connections between DS and the parks as much as possible.
That's an excellent point.
I suppose they could do some sort of touch point to weed out those who might park there to get of paying for parking. Worse yet, charge for parking at the springs. Early on, they were doing all they could to get folks to go. It feels like it has hit that critical mass.
The reality is that you can park at Disney springs and take a free bus to the epcot resorts currently and use the international gateway. Adding a resort near the front gate would do the same as it will have to have a bus to disney springs anyway.

Good point. However, a route that hits SSR, OKW and ends at PO/POR would work.

re-routing the monorail is not a trivial matter. I seriously doubt they will do that.
Agreed. However, if the resort is built in very close proximity to the Monorail entrance/exit at EPCOT it would be quite transportation advantage. This could be like the Skyliner proximity to Riviera and Caribbean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter