EPCOT...make sure you try...

g-ma

Mouseketeer
o.k., wanted to get a thread started since we go in May to highlight all the must do', must see's, etc.

Please share some advice for a newbie. Traveling with a large group, all ages. I especially want to hear about little known things that I might normally miss.

Any takers??? popcorn::

At RD, send someone over to Soarin' with the masses to get FPs and then meet up together and ride standby together. Then head right over to The Seas. You can ride Soarin' again because you will want to!

Yes, don't forget to ride in Soarin. :thumbsup2 May all of you have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

Stop in Club Cool and sample the Coke products from around the World. Watch out for the Beverly though great prank to pull on the group. Don't miss Spaceship earth it a great ride and also relaxing ride in the heat of the day. See the Candy lady in Japan especially if you have children in the group.Just a few hope this helps.

love these, love these. Give me more!!!!!! I esp. want hidden things I wouldn't know about, like the coke tastings.

Thanks! :cool1:

How about making an adr for Biergarten or Teppan Edo for lunch or dinner, you will not have to split up as many people.

Take time to explore the shops in the World Showcase.

Pick up a times guide to check out the WS entertainment, like Off Kilter in Canada, Japanese Drummers or the British Invasion shows

Not sure if they still have it, but Kidcot was fun for our kids. They could get stamps and make a craft in each of the WS countries. They also enjoyed talking to the cast members from the different countries.

Although I haven't done it yet, but plan to in June, you can do the Kim Possible adventure.

I agree with other posters that you must do Soarin'. It's one of my top 3 favorites at WDW.

I enjoy hitting Germany on the hour to see the clock display.

We also enjoy some of the bands in WS, especially at Canada and England.

Watch the Fountain of Nations.

American Adventure should not be missed.

For shopping, it's fun to visit the department store at the Japan pavilion. Also, watch the rice candy being made into animals.

For eating, we enjoy the pastries at Norway (School Bread!!) and at France (Coconut maroon or Napoleon), or the Kaki Gori frozen ice at Japan.

I haven't tried it yet, but I read recently about Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushees at France. One of those is on my "must try" list for our next visit. ;)

If you really want to pig out, take a walk from the World Showcase entrance and go over to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and get the Kitchen Sink.

ETA: Stop at the Imagination Institute and make your own virtual postcard. These can be quite funny especially with the morphing. You can also explore some of the exhibits.

Also, I recommend taking a break and riding the monorail to the TTA. Once there, get back in line to take the monorail back to Epcot but ask to sit upfront. Only four can sit up front, but you can get a great view of Epcot when you come back and go through Futureworld sitting in the front of the monorail.

I'm sure you will ride Spaceship Earth(don't do it first-later in the day there won't be a line). Pay close attention when you first start the ride. They take your picture and later use you head on an animated figure to tell a story. Be sure to have your camera out to take pictures of the screen when the story starts(no flash needed). It is soooo funny. :rotfl2:In the room where you get off the ride, they pick one of the pictures and put it up on big screens all around the room. :laughing:Then you can email the picture to yourself or anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter