Escape Brides/Grooms...Let's talk!?!

Awesome, that helps me have an idea, thanks!

Is it possible to move the centerpieces from the reception to the DP? Do you think the flowers for a noon reception will make it to a DP? I wonder if having hydrangea's and maybe two or three roses would be less than having just roses for centerpieces?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

They can be moved. The move fee is probably $50. You can get them refreshed before the DP for $25 I think it is. I'm not sure if how they'll look by the DP...your floral coordinator (which I'm thinking will be Rosie) can tell you more...

HTH! :goodvibes

does anyone know what the DEFAULT chairs are at sea breeze point and which ones cost extra/how much? i have seen those plastic white stackable patio chairs...AND i have seen white wooden folding chairs?

another question...i am having a "reception" --- it's really just a sit down dinner with everyone at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse...if i have a SMALL number of candles and/or one small floral centerpiece (from the cake table at the ceremony)...does anyone know if i would be allowed to put those on my table at the yachtsmen??

The standard chairs at Sea Breeze Point are now white plastic folding chairs:

IMG_0626-1.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

You can work with the manager of Yachtsman Steak House to arrange to put things on your tables - I have a feeling the candles will be vetoed due to fire regulations. But there should be no issue with moving the floral - you can either pay Disney to move it or have someone in your group carry it.

Great thread.
Im a pretty new fiancee and we are hoping for an Escape wedding on 24th April or 1st May 2012 it would be 2011 but we are needing to pay for DF's family to come so we need more time to save up
So far i'm thinking a 5pm ceremony at SBP, i want the later time becuase i know 2.30 will be hot plus we are not morning people haha and 5pm fits in easier for a evening reception. The reception in the Napa room at California grill from about 6pm-11pm

It ages away yet but im filled with excitement and i wish i could start planning properly.

the 8 month thing is really annoying..but not as annoying as the 90 day dining reservations for receptions. Luckily I am officially booked as of TODAY for Ohana! YIPEE! Now it is smooth sailing from here (knock on wood)

Hi,

new to this board and hoping to get married in Disneyworld in May 2011.

Thats now only a year and a half away.

It seems to be that there are time periods for ringing to book the wedding. How do you get an idea of cost for everything? Can you ring now and plan everything with a wedding planner or do I have to wait?

I'll probably be on these boards quite a bit with questions over the next while.

Darren

Hi,

new to this board and hoping to get married in Disneyworld in May 2011.

Thats now only a year and a half away.

It seems to be that there are time periods for ringing to book the wedding. How do you get an idea of cost for everything? Can you ring now and plan everything with a wedding planner or do I have to wait?

I'll probably be on these boards quite a bit with questions over the next while.

Darren

For an escape wedding you can book at 8 months and I think you can ring at about 12 months before.

Hi everyone! Matt and I are planning a Disney VR. Thanks for starting this, I've already had 2 ?s answered. I am planning for our VR to be the first week of June 2011 and I am hoping to get Canada. I started a PJ, I am very excited!

Is there any basic info that anyone can share?
Possible venues for ceremony and cost?
Possible venues for receptionand cost
music
floral
etc!

I need to know all!!
Im impatient and I am trying to plan an VR for our 15th wedding anniversary, but with kids and mortgage and DVC payments I am trying to get a good idea on a budget!

Oh and what does BEO stand for?
Sorry for the rambling! LOL I am just too excited, I want to do it Disney style on a budget!
What can I provide for my reception? How do you go about doing those things? LOL
Ok ok, enough rambling. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Can anyone provide me with info on Disney Discounts guests can recieve?

I am not sure if this answers your questions but we will get 2 annual passes. Often there are hotel discounts for AP holders.

Can anyone provide me with info on Disney Discounts guests can recieve?

That line refers to the $20 off on a park hopper that wedding guests get by purchasing them through a special link. Maybe by the time of your vow renewal, it will be something better! :rotfl:

Is there any basic info that anyone can share?
Possible venues for ceremony and cost?
Possible venues for receptionand cost
music
floral
etc!

I need to know all!!
Im impatient and I am trying to plan an VR for our 15th wedding anniversary, but with kids and mortgage and DVC payments I am trying to get a good idea on a budget!

Oh and what does BEO stand for?
Sorry for the rambling! LOL I am just too excited, I want to do it Disney style on a budget!
What can I provide for my reception? How do you go about doing those things? LOL
Ok ok, enough rambling. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

A BEO is a Banquet Event Order - it's a breakdown of all the various parts of the event and what they're gonna cost.

The best place to go for an overview of the basic info is Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' web site:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

The venues that are open to you depend on what kind of event you're having: Wishes, Escape or Couture. The site has a tool that will estimate costs for you, very very roughly...

I am planning a June 2010 wedding. I am so super excited!! I don't really know much but have a few questions if anyone can help.

-First is do myself and my fiance get park passes included with our escape wedding? I was reading some of the posts and I saw AP(guessing that means annual pass?) are those included and what are they?

- How long does it take to secure a date with them? We are within the 8month mark but have read that it takes a few weeks to secure down a date.

-Does the escape package include a rehearsal and tasting?

-and any other advice I'd love!! I'm going to start my own thread so people will be able to follow my planning and I hope I can be of help to anyone out there as I start planning :)

I know others can answer better than I, but I know a little. Yes, you get Annual passes, they come as vouchers and are good for one year from the day you turn them in for your APs. I know it does NOT include a tasting, that is extra, I think a rehearsal is included.

I got lurkyloo's Ebook yesterday, it is VERY useful if you are just getting started.

-First is do myself and my fiance get park passes included with our escape wedding? I was reading some of the posts and I saw AP(guessing that means annual pass?) are those included and what are they?

Yes you do

- How long does it take to secure a date with them? We are within the 8month mark but have read that it takes a few weeks to secure down a date.

You should be able to book something pretty quickly, you need to have booked your 4 night stay at a Disney hotel first though

-Does the escape package include a rehearsal and tasting?

No only Wishes brides get those

Random SBP question. I have seen in a lot of SBP pictures that there are two "twist" plants put out during weddings. Does this come standard or do you have to pay extra to have them? Just working on my budget again and trying to keep my decor as simple as possible.

Also can you just get bows tied onto the chairs that are already there or do you have to get the full on chair cover?

TIA! :goodvibes

Ok, so just to clarify...me and my fiance will not have to pay for park hopper passes for the whole week that we are there for our wedding because they give disney wedding couple them for free??? If that's so, thats Awesome!!

And second, what is lurkyloo's ebook? and where can I see it??

Oh and how do I create one of these things to keep people posted on my planning?

Ok, so just to clarify...me and my fiance will not have to pay for park hopper passes for the whole week that we are there for our wedding because they give disney wedding couple them for free??? If that's so, thats Awesome!!

Yes you get annual passes which you can use whenever you want

And second, what is lurkyloo's ebook? and where can I see it??

To buy Carrie's book follow this link: http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

Oh and how do I create one of these things to keep people posted on my planning?

Just start a thread in the sub-forum Planning our Happily Ever After

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter