Europe cruises with fireworks/pirate night

LGB87

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Was wondering if there was any definite way of knowing what cruises in Europe will have the fireworks/pirate night this year? Went on 1 last year and missed out so want to make sure we do it this year..

Know that the Northern Europe/Norway/Iceland/Transatlantic didn’t last year, so assuming that will be the same this?

Do all of the cruises out of Barcelona travelling around Spain have them? Will the short 4/5 day cruises from Southampton to France/Spain have them?

Thanks!

You need to check on DCL website. Cruises that are classified as Mediterranean, which go to Spain, France, Italy will have fireworks, weather permitting. This is not just limited to cruises from Barcelona. The cruises to North Spain and North France which go from Southampton, England are also classed as Mediterranean and they had fireworks in 2023. I was on the 4 night North Spain from Southampton to Bilbao and had fireworks. The 4 night North France to La Rochelle also had fireworks.

Cruises which are classed as Northern Europe, to countries such as Norway, Iceland, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, do not have fireworks.

Its the port countries which matter, not the departure country.

How about the Eastbound Transatlantic on the Dream this year? Does anyone know if this will have fireworks and pirate night? Did it in 2023?

How about the Eastbound Transatlantic on the Dream this year? Does anyone know if this will have fireworks and pirate night? Did it in 2023?

You should do a search on YouTube for the Eastbound Transatlantic on the Dream from 2022.

Whether or not fireworks are intended to be in a cruise seems like difficult info to find. If an itinerary never/ seldom/ rarely has fireworks, I would just assume it won’t happen like Alaska).

I personally don’t expect (nor necessarily want) fireworks when I am several days away from any coastline, in case of accidents. But I see they were scheduled to do 25th anniversary ones in the EBTA in Spring 2023.

I wonder if part of it is acquisition of the physical fireworks. Or that the principal master of the fireworks is scheduled to be between contracts.

Whether or not fireworks are intended to be in a cruise seems like difficult info to find. If an itinerary never/ seldom/ rarely has fireworks, I would just assume it won’t happen like Alaska).
Actaully no its not difficult.

Its the port countries which determine if fireworks are allowed or not. Alaska and the Northern Europe countries do not allow fireworks for environmental reasons. Thats it thats the reason.

So if a cruise is listed on DCL website as Bahamas, Caribbean or Mediterranean it will have fireworks weather permitting.
I personally don’t expect (nor necessarily want) fireworks when I am several days away from any coastline, in case of accidents. But I see they were scheduled to do 25th anniversary ones in the EBTA in Spring 2023.

There are Vlogs on YouTube from the EBTA in 2023 which show the fireworks happening on a sea day.
I wonder if part of it is acquisition of the physical fireworks. Or that the principal master of the fireworks is scheduled to be between contracts.
No, thats NOT the reason. It has nothing to do with getting the fireworks.

We are on the EBTA this May. When checking the activities available to book online I see day 6 has the pirate makeover experience for kids, so that should be pirate night. Looking at the navigator from the 2023 EBTA on https://disneycruiselineblog.com they did have fireworks scheduled for pirate night, so I would assume we will as well on day 6.

We were on the EBTA in 2023 on the Dream and had 2 firework show nights. One was the 25th Anniversary and the other was Pirate Night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter