Ever give a false name when boarding

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
When you finally get onboard the ship and the cast member ask you the family name. What would or have you ever given a fake last name? Just as a joke I always wanted todo that, like Trump or Kardisian.

I know what I’ll be doing in September! lol

When you finally get onboard the ship and the cast member ask you the family name. What would or have you ever given a fake last name? Just as a joke I always wanted todo that, like Trump or Kardisian.
We haven't. It used to be a big thing to do "something cute" for others, but DCL started asking for real names a few years ago.

I would imagine that the cast members who intro families have heard it all. If you come up with a name(s) that you want them to say, chances are they will screen it if not appropriate. However, if they think it would make your experience more magical, then they will give it a go. At our son's request we are going on our first Princess cruise in a few days after nine with the mouse. He said they do not introduce families when they enter the atrium (piazza), which I think is a fun, rather personal greeting with DCL. Not sure how many other cruise lines do this.

I would imagine that the cast members who intro families have heard it all. If you come up with a name(s) that you want them to say, chances are they will screen it if not appropriate. However, if they think it would make your experience more magical, then they will give it a go. At our son's request we are going on our first Princess cruise in a few days after nine with the mouse. He said they do not introduce families when they enter the atrium (piazza), which I think is a fun, rather personal greeting with DCL. Not sure how many other cruise lines do this.

No cruise line other than DCL introduces families as they board.

Unless your name is Trump or Kardashian, I’m not sure they would do that, but they are flexible with the greeting. When we sailed with my niece, back when she was much younger, we were introduced as Princess Maya and family.

What do they do for friends, instead of family? Do they just give all their names or only one name?
ie: Jane Doe, Sally Smith and Brenda Jones or just Ms. Doe and friends or something else?

My wife, the previous 2 cruises, has said Robert and Helen Parr (Incredibles). They announced just how she said it, not "Parr Family" and nobody said anything else. We half expected a laugh or a wink, but nothing. We just laughed to ourselves.

Last cruise I said Carl and Ellie Frederikson (UP!), and they announced "Frederikson Family" so who knows. We just do it to have a laugh ourselves. Stepping onto the ships is almost instant relaxation, "I am officially on vacation".

I don't know that all the cast members are as big of Disney dorks as we are to know the full names of most characters...

I forget what name we gave them - but it was something like "the crazy crew" - there are 4 last names among the family, so we didn't want to pick one.

If you watch embarkation day videos on YouTube you will see people say all sorts of names. Some people say their family last name, some people say 2 first names, some people say their YouTube Channel / Instagram name , some people say Disney characters.

We don't have to give a fake name. Our last name is one that can conjure all kinds of jokes and puns. Believe me, the cast members take full advantage.

I don't get the announcements, to me it is totally pointless and makes me feel awkward. So, I just walk on. Fake names are not my thing either, not my kind of humor.

On top of that my real first and last name are a pain to pronounce for English speaking people ;) better for all to just keep going.

When I travel with my mom and kids, there are three different last names among us. I think last time we said we are The Happy family, or The excited family…something along those lines.

It happens. It only amuses the family. Nobody else notices/cares

I always give them a number instead of a name at Starbucks... hadn't really thought about DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter