NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Four Points by Sheraton Fayetteville
1965 Cedar Creek Road
Fayetteville, North Carolina 28301

Hampton Inn Santee
9060 Old #6 Highway
Santee,_SC_29142

Has anyone ever stayed at either of these 2 hotels?

How are they as far as.... cleaniness, safety, appearance, general area around hotel, is it new/old, will it be ok for a nice family stay... etc. ( basically... is it a dump that I should avoid?)

I booked each for a driving trip from NY and back... never been there, chose them soley on thier location ( right off I-95)

Anyone have pictures of either??

If the Santee Best Western is the one off of exit 98 on I-95, we have stayed there everytime we drive down. My wife is a stickler for cleanliness. The rooms are clean and the restaurant is convenient and nice. We wish it was further along in our trip on the way home so that we could stay there both ways. Hope this helps.

This is a Hampton Inn... i have no idea if it was another name before... It is supposed to ba about 3/4 mi off i95....

Several times we have stayed at Clark's in Santee. It is not a chain which is a nice change from our usual road stays. It is clean & just off I95. There is a Clark's Restaurant in front where we have had both breakfast & dinner. We usually find a coupon in the SC coupon booklets at the welcome centers.

We have stayed at several Hampton Inns up & down the East Coast just off I95. Except for one in Flroence, SC (I believe, it is at the US 52 exit) they have been clean, safe hotels.

Whatever you decide, travel safely & have fun!

Stay away from the 4 Points! Cancel your reservation there. I've stayed at both within the last 18 months. Avoid the Sheraton like the plague! It is that bad. We checked in and was impressed by the nice lobby. We get to our room and start to relax and notice little bugs flying around the bathroom. My mother proceeds to spray them with what ever she could fine which was Solarcaine! It didn't work so we asked for another room. Get to the other room and no bugs. We go to the indoor pool and that was okay but the sauna was rusted shut and looked downright dangerous. We return to our room and a couple hours later we smell smoke. I open the door to a hallway full of smoke and many people in the hall. The elevator was on fire! The owner decided not to alarm anyone so he shut off the smoke alarms. We on the first floor had to alert the other 3 floors of the fire because the owner didn't think it was necessary. Meanwhile fire department comes and evacuates the whole building leaving all of us in our nightclothes in the parking lot at 1am with none of our things. The fire chief tells me that the owner has been noncompliant for years in the firecode area and to never stay there again as the place catches on fire once a year and this always happens! We finally get our things and move down to the Comfort Inn next door at 3 am. The funny thing is when we went to the Comfort Inn to find a room the night clerk was very nonplussed. He tells me that they are always getting the folks from the 4 Points checking in in the middle of the night. BTW, the Comfort Inn room was MUCH nicer then the Sheraton one and only $35! Sorry that was so long but just stay away from that place! Now the Hampton Inn in Santee is wonderful! The place is absolutely immaculant and everything looked brand new. The pool was great and the free breakfast bar was unbelievable for a freebie. I would have paid for it. They had everything you could imagine to eat, everything fresh, and even a gourmet coffee area that has very good coffee. We are going back to WDW next month and if we decide to stop over in Santee we will definitely stay there again. HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter