Ever waitlisted BC? What are my chances?

DisDreamers

“It’s not the magic that makes it work; it’s the w
I have been so busy lately that I totally forgot to book my one night in a 1BDR at BC for October. It's F&W so I think I'm SOL...We will be staying one night coming off the DCL Fantasy. I just went online and all DVC rooms for BC are booked!!

I waitlisted the room but what are my chances for getting this accepted? Has anyone ever waitlisted for BC? What was your experience? I want the good, bad, and the ugly. This is my first time using this option.

Also, can I go ahead and book another room as a backup and then just cancel it if my waitlist goes thru (if accepted 30 days out)?

Your feedback is appreciated.

You should always book a back up reservation.

Is 1 night at BCV worth the effort?

:earsboy: Bill

I highly doubt you'll get the BC at that time, but you never know. I would go ahead and waitlist it. If it goes through, it will automatically cancel your previous reservation and replace it with the BC reservation.

You should always book a back up reservation.

Is 1 night at BCV worth the effort?

Thanks! For us it's worth it. We LOVE the pool! We are off the ship early so we should be at the resort no later than 10:00 a.m. We plan on taking it easy, enjoying the pool, and then walking over for Illuminations.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks! For us it's worth it. We LOVE the pool! We are off the ship early so we should be at the resort no later than 10:00 a.m. We plan on taking it easy, enjoying the pool, and then walking over for Illuminations.

Thanks for the feedback.

You have a much better chance of a 1 night waitlist coming through versus a multi-night.

Good luck and have a great trip! :boat:

As it so happens, I had to wait-list BC this May and got it.

We were planning on staying from the Saturday before Memorial Day to the Saturday after, but the first two days were unavailable when I booked. So I wait-listed the first two days, never expecting to get them, given the popularity of the resort and the timing of our stay near a major holiday.

There was no hullabaloo; I just got an email from Disney entitled "Reservation Comfirmation" (or some such). At first I was wondering why WDW re-sent my original confirmation many weeks later. But then I took a look at the dates on the latter confirmation and saw that the first two days of my original planned itinerary were now included.

Nothing in the email like "Great News!" or "Wait list fulfilled!" In fact, I almost deleted the second confirmation without reading it, as it appeared to be just a duplicate confirmation of my truncated itinerary.

So long story short, yes, you can get your wait-list at BC, even over a holiday weekend.

A few years ago, we had a BCV wait list during F&W come through. Ours was for multiple nights. A one night has an even better chance of coming through.

I think a 1 night wait list for a 1 bedroom has some chance of being fulfilled! Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Seems there is some hope on the horizon. I went back and managed to get a 1 BDR at AKL Jambo House. Now I'm torn......it's been a while since we have stayed there and we do love this resort too. I guess either way we will be happy. It's more remote than we wanted but we do not plan to walk the parks all day so we should be fine. Last year we did 4 days at WDW coming off the DCL Dream and it was so disappointing. Your relaxed, no worries and then BAM!!! Crowds, lines, not to mention sore feet. So we will be taking it easy.

Thanks again!

Well, my experience isn't good news, but you said "Your feedback is appreciated" so I hope that means all. BCV is the only resort that I've wait listed and never had my wait list come through. Wait-ONCE it came through, but I already had a studio there, and wait listed for a 1 BR (also in October).

Well, my experience isn't good news, but you said "Your feedback is appreciated" so I hope that means all. BCV is the only resort that I've wait listed and never had my wait list come through. Wait-ONCE it came through, but I already had a studio there, and wait listed for a 1 BR (also in October).

Lol yes, thanks. I am not going to hold my breath. It's food n wine and BCV is generally a challenge to get into. I am kicking myself. I'm usually all over this kind of thing. Thankfully we also love AKL so I will not be too upset. Before the cruise is the real treat anyway. We are staying 4 nights in a Tree House Villa. I'm so excited!

Oh my!!! We received our BWV confirmation last night!!!! I am so excited :) it's going to be a fabulous trip. The predicted crowd level is a 4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter