Everyone getting ready for SW

:worship: Thank you so much to whomever posted the Ding Code :love: I was "on the fence" about paying $633, but I booked the flight when the ding code brought it down to $547.50!!

3 "adults" flying Columbus to Orlando and back, non-stop Sept 6-12. We'll be home in time for DS17 football game.

Our air is booked...now DH can't cancel the trip!!:rotfl:

Hi All!

I just got $105.00 each way from CT to FL in Sept. (plus tax).

I was getting nervous as Delta was coming up to be $350.00 round trip!

Question on the Ding..... if a cheaper price does come out (I am really happy with my price now but lower I wouldn't complain about either!) is their a fee to change to the ding pricing?

Can you check in your luggage and print your boarding passes at disney resorts with southwest ...
I know you can with Northwest, Airtran and United ...

Boarding passes--yes.
Check baggage--no.

i am sooo excited for the 15% ding coupon ive never seen them do that before

That is a pretty cool sale! Would bring our $125 each way (from PDX, which is already a pretty good fare) down to $106, plus tax.

But we're flying on free tickets, which is even better! :woohoo: Booked the flights out, and waiting on dh (who is out of town and in meetings, of course) to pick times to fly home. Come on dh--check your email! :surfweb:

I booked the 95.00 fare from MCO to MHT. I allready had my flights going down. I will keep watching to see if the prices go down, however I think this will be my 8th flight also! Oh joy!

Can you check in your luggage and print your boarding passes at disney resorts with southwest ...
I know you can with Northwest, Airtran and United ...
No. SW isn't considered a 'participating airline'. You can get your boarding pass printed at your front desk or guest services at the 24 hr mark. You will have to bring your luggage with you to the DME bus if that is how you are getting back to MCO.

I would never pay more for assigned seats. I've never had a problem with SW getting into the A or B group. Even the one time I was in the C group, I got a decent seat next to the person I was traveling with.

Check in online and get there early. You really won't have a problem.

I'm so irritated! I found great flights at perfect times and by the time I entered all of my information they were no longer available :sad: .

Just wondering if most ppl print out their boarding passes before heading to the airport - can someone explain how this works and if everyone can do it?

Well, after getting the Ding discount I decided to just go for it and got 4 tix for 9/13-9/21...$792.

Now I am waiting to see if my parents and brother want to book their flights as well or if they are going to wait. So even though I have mine, I still get to stress over their stuff! Ugh! LOL :sad2:

Well, after getting the Ding discount I decided to just go for it and got 4 tix for 9/13-9/21...$792.

Now I am waiting to see if my parents and brother want to book their flights as well or if they are going to wait. So even though I have mine, I still get to stress over their stuff! Ugh! LOL :sad2:

I made the same choice as you, once I got the ding!! :thumbsup2

The ding discount won't work for me because i have to come home on Labor day and it is blocked!!!!!!!

I looked at all the other airlines and they were much higher for Labor Day. Airtran was $199 and has been for over a month! So i booked SW @ $116. Hope I did the right thing..................I could't take the chance

this is great! i booked 3 of us at regular rate 105 and then saw someone posted the ding discount (THANK YOU!) so i cancelled - rebooked with the discount, and got my sister a ticket too! i had a trip planned for tomorrow for just 2 of us but sadly had to cancel, so i was able to buy 3 roundtrips plus a 1 way for my sister with those travel funds for columbus day weekend :banana: :banana:

Just wondering if most ppl print out their boarding passes before heading to the airport - can someone explain how this works and if everyone can do it?

Yep--everyone can check in online and print out their boarding passes beginning 24 hours before flight departure time. If you don't have computer access, just go to guest relations at your resort exactly 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave and they'll do it for you. I've also been told that you don't have to do this at your resort--any guest relations desk at any resort or even in any park can do it for you.

Another option is to have someone trustworthy at home check in online for you. Again, you'd want them to make sure to do it exactly 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave in order to have the lowest number. Then, when you get to the airport, SWA will reprint your boarding passes for you.

Where do I put in the DING15 code on the SW air site? Do I have to download the ding "thing" to my computer first? I am at my parent's house this weekend and they do not have it loaded on their desktop. I have ding downloaded on my laptop at home, but I won't be back in MS until Monday late.

Amy

Thank you for the Ding code. I just paid a total of $200 more for our family of 5 than I would have through Airtran BUT we are coming home a day earlier. I know that sounds like a bad deal but with Airtran we had to fly home the day before school starts. I think it is a more responsible thing to do to come home a day early and let the kids recoup. Darn, it stinks being responsible.

this is great! i booked 3 of us at regular rate 105 and then saw someone posted the ding discount (THANK YOU!) so i cancelled - rebooked with the discount,

I did the same thing.. i booked my 2 one way tix and one reward. THEN got the ding so cancelled those first 2 and rebooked. Credited ticket #1 back to credit card, applied funds from ticket #2 to new and improved ding ticket. OI!!!!! My brain hurts......

I never knew that "wanna get away" fares were refundable to credit card????!!! It gave me that option so I did that for one of the sets of tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter