Everything Disney Doll Related

Hi PrincessJazminn! I don't personally trade dolls, so I can't offer any personal advise on how that is done here. But you might try the Community Board since they have a section devoted to exchanges which I assume means the same thing as trades. You can find it under the "Forums" tab at the top of the page.

Hello all,
Wondering what those of you who collect DFDC couples do with the gift bags? Do you display them with the dolls? Mine are literally sitting in a drawer, no plans to use them for anything, really, but I don't want to throw them away...
Lol.

Mine are on a closet shelf, along with the case covers. I guess if there is any downside to collecting these dolls (other than the difficulty of buying them in the first place), it's the amount of display and storage space they take up. :crowded:

I finally saw Frozen tonight. What a delightful movie! I hope we see the release of 17" Elsa and Anna in their other gowns, maybe when the DVD comes out. Olaf sure is adorable.

Hello all,
Wondering what those of you who collect DFDC couples do with the gift bags? Do you display them with the dolls? Mine are literally sitting in a drawer, no plans to use them for anything, really, but I don't want to throw them away...
Lol.
Mine are on a shelf too. Im only keeping them because if I have to decide to get rid of any of the dolls then it will help to have these for resale.

Mine are on a closet shelf, along with the case covers. I guess if there is any downside to collecting these dolls (other than the difficulty of buying them in the first place), it's the amount of display and storage space they take up. :crowded:
I know. We are redoing my shelves today so I can fit them all. I wanted to have my collections all together, so like one shelf each for Ariel, Aurora, Belle and Rapunzel. But Im already out of room. So I think all my Designer Dolls will go together on one shelf, and then each will have their own shelf of misc merch like mugs, classic dolls, vinyls etc. Its taking over!!!

I finally saw Frozen tonight. What a delightful movie! I hope we see the release of 17" Elsa and Anna in their other gowns, maybe when the DVD comes out. Olaf sure is adorable.
I know. After seeing the movie I want to collect Frozen stuff now. I dont have the money or room at the moment. Haha.

2014 looks like it will be a big year for Sleeping Beauty so Im really hoping that we will see a LE Aurora doll. Im going to do everything I can to get a hold of that. Plus a nice Maleficent one Im sure. I would love if they do Maleficent, Aurora, and Prince Philip LE dolls like they did this year for TLM.

I saw so many Frozen items I wanted to buy, but that happens with every Disney movie, so I've had to learn over the years to be selective. I know I want to get all the LE dolls eventually, but I can't be that way with all the other merchandise.

One thing I really wanted was the ornament set and I intended to buy it online, but kept putting it off, usually because I didn't want to buy $75 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. When I made up my mind to buy it, it was, of course, sold out. I almost made the mistake of buying it on Ebay at a much higher price, but something told me to check my local store. The Frozen stuff was so picked over, but they did have the ornaments. :goodvibes

I'm thinking this is going to be a big year for Sleeping Beauty too. The only problem is I see them releasing dolls around the same time as the remainder of the Fairytale collection. What a nightmare! :scared: It would be nice if they offered them when the live-action film comes out, but since the Diamond Edition Blu-ray comes out in October, I have a feeling it will be a repeat of this year with TLM. Hopefully the Hot Toys Maleficent won't come out until 2015.

I know. I missed out on LE Eric and Ursula because I was trying to get the DFDC dolls at the same time.

It was too many dolls at once at the end of this year.

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to this forum and am a collector as well. Mostly just a Rapunzel collector. I have the LE wedding doll and other merchandise. I also have the LE Ariel doll, and have started into Frozen.

I just got the Fairytale Rapunzel and Flynn set for Christmas from my wonderful Grandmother, and I wanted to open the case to fix some things. I would really like her sleeve to hang down and there's a piece of hair that's bugging me out.

Umm, how do the cases open? I tried pulling at the bottom base as that seemed like the only movable part, but I didn't want to break anything. Any help would be great!

Hi Sora!

There are two plastic tabs on the bottom of the case, one in front and one in back. You need to press those tabs toward the center and you should hear a popping sound when the acrylic cover is released on each end. You can then just lift it off. I might be making it sound easier than it is since sometimes these cases are stubborn, but so far that has worked for me. Good luck! :)

Thank you!

I'll give it try. I'm not used to the cases. I like the boxes better, you can just slide them off.

Here we go again! Second wave of LE Anna and Elsa 17" dolls will be available for pre-order (US only) on January 10. International release will be in March to coincide with the Blu-ray/DVD issue. This time the edition size is 5000 each, but I expect they will still sell out quickly due to the popularity of the film. These are must-haves for me. :goodvibes

AnnaElsa2_zpsa1e01034.jpg

I saw Frozen on Christmas Eve, and I've been obsessed with the movie ever since. I'm really kicking myself for not getting the other Elsa and Anna dolls. Oh, well. I'll eventually get them on eBay.

But I'm so excited for these! Elsa is so gorgeous, and Anna is so adorable! Luckily I have some Christmas money I can use to get them. I'm also thinking about getting Anna for my sister even though she doesn't collect these dolls (Anna really reminds me of her). I'd really love for us sisters to have the sisters. :)

Here we go again! Second wave of LE Anna and Elsa 17" dolls will be available for pre-order (US only) on January 10. International release will be in March to coincide with the Blu-ray/DVD issue. This time the edition size is 5000 each, but I expect they will still sell out quickly due to the popularity of the film. These are must-haves for me. :goodvibes

AnnaElsa2_zpsa1e01034.jpg

So I have not done any of the doll pre-orders? How do they work - are they online or in store or? If they are online, do they start at 3:00am or something like that? Thanks!

The online pre-order starts at 12:00 AM PST (that's 3:00 AM if you live on the East Coast so drink lots of coffee if you're not used to staying up late :)). This is early,early Friday morning (January 10).

My advice is to check the Disney Limited Edition Dolls Facebook page for the links to the Disney sale pages rather than just refreshing Disney.com. The reason is that someone usually posts those links in a couple of minutes after the start of the sale, while the Disney site can take as long as 15 minutes to add them. This really matters for the dolls that sell out in minutes. Be sure to be logged in at Disney.com, and it's not a bad idea to have your credit card info already stored there if that's how you will pay.

Pre-orders are also offered at Disney stores, but not all of them, so you need to call to see if your store will have them. They go on sale at store opening and are first come, first serve, so you need to line up early. I have never pre-ordered in a store so I can't tell you how early. The CM at your store can hopefully give you pointers on that. The store pre-orders occur after the online, so you at least have another chance.

Charges made by credit card at stores are immediate, meaning you pay in full at that time. Online you are charged at time of shipment, but your credit card bank may choose to put a permanent hold on your card until that time. Bill Me Later puts a temporary hold and then releases it until Disney puts the charge through again when ready to ship. I strongly recommend you NOT use a bank debit card online since it's possible to get to the point where you give Disney your card info and they will send it through for pre-approval even if the doll is no longer in stock. This means a 10-day hold will be placed on your bank funds even though you were unable to buy the doll(s). I know this from personal experience. Using a credit card with a large balance is preferred.

The online pre-order starts at 12:00 AM PST (that's 3:00 AM if you live on the East Coast so drink lots of coffee if you're not used to staying up late :)). This is early,early Friday morning (January 10).

My advice is to check the Disney limited Edition Dolls Facebook page for the links to the Disney sale pages rather than just refreshing Disney.com. The reason is that someone usually posts those links in a couple of minutes after the start of the sale, while the Disney site can take as long as 15 minutes to add them. This really matters for the dolls that sell out in minutes. Be sure to be logged in at Disney.com, and it's not a bad idea to have your credit card info already stored there if that's how you will pay.

Pre-orders are also offered at Disney stores, but not all of them, so you need to call to see if your store will have them. They go on sale at store opening and are first come, first serve, so you need to line up early. I have never pre-ordered in a store so I can't tell you how early. The CM at your store can hopefully give you pointers on that. The store pre-orders occur after the online, so you at least have another chance.

Charges made by credit card at stores are immediate, meaning you pay in full at that time. Online you are charged at time of shipment, but your credit card bank may choose to put a permanent hold on your card until that time. Bill Me Later puts a temporary hold and then releases it until Disney puts the charge through again when ready to ship. I strongly recommend you NOT use a bank debit card online since it's possible to get to the point where you give Disney your card info and they will send it through for pre-approval even if the doll is no longer in stock. This means a 10-day hold will be placed on your bank funds even though you were unable to buy the doll(s). I know this from personal experience. Using a credit card with a large balance is preferred.

Thank you so much for all of the information! I really appreciate it...

My advice is to check the Disney Limited Edition Dolls Facebook page for the links to the Disney sale pages rather than just refreshing Disney.com. The reason is that someone usually posts those links in a couple of minutes after the start of the sale, while the Disney site can take as long as 15 minutes to add them. This really matters for the dolls that sell out in minutes. Be sure to be logged in at Disney.com, and it's not a bad idea to have your credit card info already stored there if that's how you will pay.

Thanks for the information! This is the first release I'll be attempting to buy. My daughter fell in love with Frozen and I just now learned of the first set of LE dolls and wish I had known about the dolls then. These LE dolls are just gorgeous!

I hope everyone who wanted to buy these dolls online was successful. It is being reported that both sold out within the first hour. For those heading to the store in the morning, best of luck! :thumbsup2

Disney.com has the blu-ray available for pre-order and a free lithograph set is included. I believe these lithograph sets are limited editions and are only offered by Disney, so don't wait too long to order if this is something you really want to own.

I missed out on the first set of Frozen LE dolls. So I didnt want to miss out these. I debated forever about getting both or just one.

I finally decided to order just Anna. Then hopefully one day I can get Snow Queen Elsa on the secondary market so they match. Since this how they looked for most of the movie and its their iconic looks that you see the most.

I hope everyone who wanted them were able to get them.

Now just to wait until March. Sigh.

hi Everyone! I've been part of these forums for awhile, but haven't posted much. I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions for forums or websites to check for people looking to trade and sell/want dolls? I missed a few and I'm trying to avoid ebay if possible.
Thanks so much for any help!

hi Everyone! I've been part of these forums for awhile, but haven't posted much. I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions for forums or websites to check for people looking to trade and sell/want dolls? I missed a few and I'm trying to avoid ebay if possible.
Thanks so much for any help!

There is a facebook group, Disney Limited Edition Dolls that will help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter