Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Yes. Just a heads up that there will be MANY trying to get on FoP so there is no guarantee you will be on 'right away'. We were about 10th in line at the tapstiles one time but lined up back to the bridge by the time we reached where the 'pack' ended. Unless you're a speed walker, the distance to FoP allows the line to change often.

That being said, even though we were on the bridge then almost back to Africa when we entered Pandora, we still rode in a timely manner.

If I'm

Yes. Just a heads up that there will be MANY trying to get on FoP so there is no guarantee you will be on 'right away'. We were about 10th in line at the tapstiles one time but lined up back to the bridge by the time we reached where the 'pack' ended. Unless you're a speed walker, the distance to FoP allows the line to change often.

That being said, even though we were on the bridge then almost back to Africa when we entered Pandora, we still rode in a timely manner.
I'll be there March 15th with an 8:00 opening and staying offsite. I have ropedropped FoP many times before there was was early entry everyday. If I am lined up at the front of the tapstiles for non resort guests and head straight to FoP, approximately how long of a wait am I looking at during this busy week? 45min? 1 hr? 2hrs? I'm just trying to budget time for this.

And I assume this will be a mad dash all the way to the ride entrance as there will be no Cast Members holding any guests anywhere (like at the bridge just before entering the land).

Thanks!

I read the first few posts and they were very helpful, I am sorry if I missed it somewhere, but: for the MK how do you find out if they are letting people in either the 60 or the 90 minutes beforehand? Your post says it is subject to change (I assume based on seasons/crowds) how do we find out that info? Thanks

I don’t stay at a resort that offers water transportation but I just looked at the MDE app and today water transportation times are showing 75 mins before ETPE begins. Not sure what time they officially started but it appears water transportation should be a (weather dependant) option for you.

View attachment 741495
How and where do you access this again? I know on the 'hotel' tab part of MDE you have to be 'onsite' at your hotel to track the buses but curious about the image above.

Also those numbers don't correspond to wait times do they? As soon as you zoom in, it appears they refer to # of available boats/buses in that area or am I mis-remembering?

Where do I look for transportation times on mde? I just see directions and general info
once you are onsite, ‘next bus’ times appear with your resort information when going to a park or DS. This information is not available from a park back to your resort.
I'll be there March 15th with an 8:00 opening and staying offsite. I have ropedropped FoP many times before there was was early entry everyday. If I am lined up at the front of the tapstiles for non resort guests and head straight to FoP, approximately how long of a wait am I looking at during this busy week? 45min? 1 hr? 2hrs? I'm just trying to budget time for this.

And I assume this will be a mad dash all the way to the ride entrance as there will be no Cast Members holding any guests anywhere (like at the bridge just before entering the land).

Thanks!
This link to Thrill-Data shows historical info re: Flight of Passage. Two weeks ago was a busy week so you may wish to look at those dates as a possible guide.

Historically yes, many people will head towards FoP. Guests will join the queue that has already been created by ETPE guests.
I read the first few posts and they were very helpful, I am sorry if I missed it somewhere, but: for the MK how do you find out if they are letting people in either the 60 or the 90 minutes beforehand? Your post says it is subject to change (I assume based on seasons/crowds) how do we find out that info? Thanks
Just to clarify, are you asking about going through the entrance tapstiles near the train station or, actually entering the attraction area in Tomorrowland?

Actually entering the MK is basically controlled by what time they allow guests to arrive by bus, monorail and ferries. There really isn’t a consistent time guests are able to enter the MK other than the posted 30 minutes.

Last time we were there (during covid) we would drive to parks. But often we were held outside the gates - so dozens and dozens of cars would be sitting for 30-40 minutes before the gates opened. Even if we were in the first group of cars to go through, the busses would already be unloading people. We figured out just to have me drop everyone off and then go deal with parking. This go around we just plan to Uber, even though we are staying on property. Do they still hold people out side of the gates, and of so how does it work with Uber?

Last time we were there (during covid) we would drive to parks. But often we were held outside the gates - so dozens and dozens of cars would be sitting for 30-40 minutes before the gates opened. Even if we were in the first group of cars to go through, the busses would already be unloading people. We figured out just to have me drop everyone off and then go deal with parking. This go around we just plan to Uber, even though we are staying on property. Do they still hold people out side of the gates, and of so how does it work with Uber?
Please see pist 1. Nothing has really changed with the exception of DHS where an Uber can enter the bus entrance so drop off a bit earlier. Other than that an Uber is treated as a car and still help until approx 60 mins before ETPE begins.

If you are staying onsite, Disney transportation is often the best way to get to the parks, slightly before parking opens.

Question, We are early birds and before Covid we used to drive and arrive at the parks at least 2hrs or more before they opened and were able to park in the parking lots without having to pay. They would have one lane with a green light on and have a sign up that said “Please proceed to your destination” they put up in the evening and didn’t have any cones blocking you from entering. We always got free parking and a front spot just by getting there really early. Do they still offer this or do they block you now from entering until a specific time. Has anyone tried getting there that early? I assume once the CMs show up for the morning they put the cones up blocking you from entering until they are ready to start charging and letting you in.

Last edited:
Question, We are early birds and before Covid we used to drive and arrive at the parks at least 2hrs or more before they opened and were able to park in the parking lots without having to pay. They would have one lane with a green light on and have a sign up that said “Please proceed to your destination” they put up in the evening and didn’t have any cones blocking you from entering. We always got free parking and a front spot just by getting there really early. Do they still offer this or do they block you now from entering until a specific time. Has anyone tried getting there that early? I assume once the CMs show up for the morning they put the cones up blocking you from entering until they are ready to start charging and letting you in.

There have not been any repairs if being able to do this but I’m not sure if it has been tried either. I don’t believe it would be possible to enter that early as you are not even allowed to line up until approx 80-90 mins before the park opens but I guess you could try it one day and report back if you wish.

When staying at the poly, when does the monorail start working? Just wondering when we'd need to leave to get to magic kingdom or epcot via monorail for early entry. Thanks.

My friend and I only have one day at the resort and we plan on doing AK Early entry (8:30 AM) and then in the evening (about 5 -6pm) we will head over to Epcot for late closure ( until 11 pm) . We both have feet problems so we will be taking our own car to reduce the standing / waiting time for disney transit. ( She is a CM in CA so paying for parking isnt an issue.)

We planned to have breakfast at the Swan Reserve ( breakfast begins at 7am and then head over to Animal Kingdom. I can't seem to find out what time the parking lot opens but I'm guess at least an hour early? So, with a quick breakfast, we should have plenty of time to head over to the park?

Also, if we do snag a good spot and decide to leave the car at AK and bus it to Epcot, how late can we leave the car in the AK parking lot? I'm concerned with the late night at Epcot and AK closing early, they may tow the car?

Thanks for any help. I'm ancient and this is a lot more planning than I used to.

For an 8:30 early entry, the parking lot opens at 7:30. If you want to be at the front of the rope drop pack, you will need to get there at 7:30. If you arrive by 8am, you will be at the back of the rope drop pack and will be looking at a 45 minute wait for Flight of Passage. Everything else will be a walk on except the Safari. The safari opens at official park opening or shortly thereafter. Don’t leave your car at AK when going to Epcot. You’ll have no way back.

Arrive 30 minutes before early entry at AK I think. We took an Uber to AK at 6:45 this week for early entry. We were near the front of pack for entering turnstiles to ropedrop flight of passage.

Parking lot opens at 7:30am, but people will be circling, waiting for security to allow people to enter way before 7:30. If you arrive at 7:30, there will be a significant line waiting to enter the lot to park. if you’re driving, you’ll want to be there closer to 7:00, I would think.

For an 8:30 early entry, the parking lot opens at 7:30. If you want to be at the front of the rope drop pack, you will need to get there at 7:30. If you arrive by 8am, you will be at the back of the rope drop pack and will be looking at a 45 minute wait for Flight of Passage. Everything else will be a walk on except the Safari. The safari opens at official park opening or shortly thereafter. Don’t leave your car at AK when going to Epcot. You’ll have no way back.
Arrive 30 minutes before early entry at AK I think. We took an Uber to AK at 6:45 this week for early entry. We were near the front of pack for entering turnstiles to ropedrop flight of passage.
Parking lot opens at 7:30am, but people will be circling, waiting for security to allow people to enter way before 7:30. If you arrive at 7:30, there will be a significant line waiting to enter the lot to park. if you’re driving, you’ll want to be there closer to 7:00, I would think.

All very helpful thank you !

Can any one recommend a breakfast spot ( preferably buffet) that is open really early?
Would like to be well fed before going to the park since we have a late afternoon reservation at Tusker's house but seems unlikely We'd have enough time to eat at the hotel at 7am and get to AK early.

Silly question : Is the Avatar ride really worth all the fuss if you've never seen the movie?

My friend and I only have one day at the resort and we plan on doing AK Early entry (8:30 AM) and then in the evening (about 5 -6pm) we will head over to Epcot for late closure ( until 11 pm) . We both have feet problems so we will be taking our own car to reduce the standing / waiting time for disney transit. ( She is a CM in CA so paying for parking isnt an issue.)

We planned to have breakfast at the Swan Reserve ( breakfast begins at 7am and then head over to Animal Kingdom. I can't seem to find out what time the parking lot opens but I'm guess at least an hour early? So, with a quick breakfast, we should have plenty of time to head over to the park?

Also, if we do snag a good spot and decide to leave the car at AK and bus it to Epcot, how late can we leave the car in the AK parking lot? I'm concerned with the late night at Epcot and AK closing early, they may tow the car?

Thanks for any help. I'm ancient and this is a lot more planning than I used to.
In addition to what's been offered, post 1 of this thread covers all information about Early Entry. Hopefully that helps. I agree with others though that if you want to arrive in time for EE, you won't have time to do that and be towards the front of the crowd going to AK.

Re: Leaving car at AK, I would highly discourage this as there won't be any transportation taking guests to AK once the park closes. You would need to hire personal transportation and even then, I'm not sure how far away they might need to drop you off as AK parking lots would be long closed by the time you could get back to your car.

All very helpful thank you !

Can any one recommend a breakfast spot ( preferably buffet) that is open really early?
Would like to be well fed before going to the park since we have a late afternoon reservation at Tusker's house but seems unlikely We'd have enough time to eat at the hotel at 7am and get to AK early.

Silly question : Is the Avatar ride really worth all the fuss if you've never seen the movie?

Dining at Disney does not start until 7AM so I don't believe you will find anywhere that's open earlier than 7AM. Since you will have a car I would recommend going offsite if you wish to eat earlier than that or, there is a McDonald's on Disney property and it would be open earlier than 7AM.

Avatar is 100% worth it even without seeing the movie! It is spectacular!!

I want to know how early the turnstiles open at each park. I know the "lands" won't open until closer to the 30 minute mark - but how early will the turnstiles start letting people in?

I want to know how early the turnstiles open at each park. I know the "lands" won't open until closer to the 30 minute mark - but how early will the turnstiles start letting people in?

MK- about 35 minutes prior to EE. Resort guests are then scanned at the hub and gather/queue outside Tomorrowland bridge and path towards Teacups until EE begins. Non-resort guests are held in the hub until official opening.

HS - about 35 minutes before EE. Only resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles. Once in, resort guests queue outside each attraction until EE begins. Once most resort guests are let in, non-resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles until official park opening.

AK - about 15 minutes before EE. After tapping in, resort guests head left and are scanned for EE, while non-resort guests head right and are held in the Oasis just before the Tree of Life plaza until official opening. Most guests head towards FoP and start queuing are are generally allowed on early. Other rides wait until EE opening.

Epcot - about 15 minutes prior to EE. I only have experience at International Gateway, but tapstiles open about 15 minutes before EE and guests head right to Remy and queue there until EE opening. Most of the time they are let right on before EE. Non-resort guests are held at the UK bridge until official park opening. From I’ve been told, the front entrance protocol is similar.

MK- about 35 minutes prior to EE. Resort guests are then scanned at the hub and gather/queue outside Tomorrowland bridge and path towards Teacups until EE begins. Non-resort guests are held in the hub until official opening.

HS - about 35 minutes before EE. Only resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles. Once in, resort guests queue outside each attraction until EE begins. Once most resort guests are let in, non-resort guests are allowed to queue in front of the tapstiles until official park opening.

AK - about 15 minutes before EE. After tapping in, resort guests head left and are scanned for EE, while non-resort guests head right and are held in the Oasis just before the Tree of Life plaza until official opening. Most guests head towards FoP and start queuing are are generally allowed on early. Other rides wait until EE opening.

Epcot - about 15 minutes prior to EE. I only have experience at International Gateway, but tapstiles open about 15 minutes before EE and guests head right to Remy and queue there until EE opening. Most of the time they are let right on before EE. Non-resort guests are held at the UK bridge until official park opening. From I’ve been told, the front entrance protocol is similar.
Thank you ! I know Disney likes to keep us on our toes. When we are there , who/what will have the info on the daily?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter