Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I'm confused by this.... you can buy 2 ILL a day, but only 1 in each park(if park hopping)? Will the system allow a purchase of 2nd ILL if you don't have a hopper pass?
I don't think so since each park currently has only 1 ILL each. Although perhaps I've misunderstood the question.

Last edited:
I'm confused by this.... you can buy 2 ILL a day, but only 1 in each park(if park hopping)? Will the system allow a purchase of 2nd ILL if you don't have a hopper pass?
I honestly don't know if anyone has tried this yet so am really not sure it would allow you or not. Technically someone could purchase 2 if they intended to add the hopper option to their existing ticket but I'm really not sure how it works as to my knowledge, it has not been reported here.

Question:
Has anyone with a single-park ticket attempted to purchase ILL$ at 2 different parks? Did it allow you? Stop you? Thanks!

Apologies if asked before, I think it answered in one of the first but just for clarity. If I’m getting G+ or ILL, but I’m off site, can I book them whether I’m in my first park or not? My parents are wanting to go but not wanting to necessarily go right at opening so I just want to find out if I can purchase say ILL for FoP at AK from our hotel that is a non-Disney hotel.

Apologies if asked before, I think it answered in one of the first but just for clarity. If I’m getting G+ or ILL, but I’m off site, can I book them whether I’m in my first park or not? My parents are wanting to go but not wanting to necessarily go right at opening so I just want to find out if I can purchase say ILL for FoP at AK from our hotel that is a non-Disney hotel.
From page 1:

'Like Genie+, ILL$ can be purchased from anywhere. You do not have to be in the park.'

Being offsite guests, you will be eligible to book at park opening, regardless of where you are.

From page 1:

'Like Genie+, ILL$ can be purchased from anywhere. You do not have to be in the park.'

Being offsite guests, you will be eligible to book at park opening, regardless of where you are.
Thanks so much. I thought that’s what I read but might’ve glazed past it stupidly. Much appreciated fellow Ontarian

I’ve been having issues booking ILL if I’m not in the second park; it says that I don’t have valid linked admission. However the other two people in my party have no issue. Any chance I would be able to book for one of them and go to GR/GET to get it changed to be under my name?

I’ve been having issues booking ILL if I’m not in the second park; it says that I don’t have valid linked admission. However the other two people in my party have no issue. Any chance I would be able to book for one of them and go to GR/GET to get it changed to be under my name?
Try the chat feature on the app. I've used them before when having trouble with Genie+, and they've been really helpful.

Guys. For purchases ills and return time window. What if u miss the return time. Trying to figure out if we can get to hs for 7 pm after dinner from Il Mulino. Is it 15 mins or so they let you return anytime after?

Guys. For purchases ills and return time window. What if u miss the return time. Trying to figure out if we can get to hs for 7 pm after dinner from Il Mulino. Is it 15 mins or so they let you return anytime after?
There's a grace period of 15 minutes once your ILL$ window ends.

There's a grace period of 15 minutes once your ILL$ window ends.
If you purchase an ILL$, return times have not historically been enforced. You can return anytime after your window for ILL$.

This can change but for now it’s what is happening.

If you purchase an ILL$, return times have not historically been enforced. You can return anytime after your window for ILL$.

This can change but for now it’s what is happening.
Ok thanks. I thought I read that here but didn’t know if it still held true but I also did see the 15 min grace period. I appreciate it. We won’t risk it tonight. Tomorrow night dinner is earlier. I’ll grab a 8 pm even and we will be good. Too stressful trying to get early morning even at 701 when I looked today to just experiment. Getting lightening lane for late night doesn’t seem to be an issue. Better to concentrate on rope drop access as able and genie plus as a possible backup if the first day at each park is a bust.

Ok thanks. I thought I read that here but didn’t know if it still held true but I also did see the 15 min grace period. I appreciate it. We won’t risk it tonight. Tomorrow night dinner is earlier. I’ll grab a 8 pm even and we will be good. Too stressful trying to get early morning even at 701 when I looked today to just experiment. Getting lightening lane for late night doesn’t seem to be an issue. Better to concentrate on rope drop access as able and genie plus as a possible backup if the first day at each park is a bust.
The only return times that are enforced are regular LL return times booked when G+ is purchased.

I'm looking for some advice for our arrival day. We're arriving in Epcot around12-12:30. We have a Biergarten reservation because we're going to be hungry, but I would love to get Guardians in and Remy and maybe Test Track in.

If you were me...at 7 am what would you do?

I don't want to stay in Epcot past 5 pm.

This is my initial plan:

6:30 am - Buy Genie Plus
7 am - Buy a Guardians LL+ (that I can schedule right so I could schedule it for around 2 pm?
7 am - enter the virtual queue for Guardians and see if I can refresh to get a later boarding group. It will be NY Day so I'm guessing if I wait to do the 1 pm Boarding group it won't be available
7 am - try to book Test Track? or Remy.

Park Opens at 9 am

11am would be my next opportunity for a Lightning Lane which is more likely to have availability? TT or Remy
-will Frozen have availability around this time?

I have an assortment of ages of people so we can make lots of the headliners work, but I want to have a game plan so I'm not caught off guard and I'm sure it's going to be busy since it will be New Year's Day.

THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT YOU HAVE!

I'm looking for some advice for our arrival day. We're arriving in Epcot around12-12:30. We have a Biergarten reservation because we're going to be hungry, but I would love to get Guardians in and Remy and maybe Test Track in.

This is my initial plan:

7 am - Buy a Guardians LL+ (that I can schedule right so I could schedule it for around 2 pm?
7 am - enter the virtual queue for Guardians and see if I can refresh to get a later boarding group. It will be NY Day so I'm guessing if I wait to do the 1 pm Boarding group it won't be available

Park Opens at 9 am

11am would be my next opportunity for a Lightning Lane which is more likely to have availability? TT or Remy

I have an assortment of ages of people so we can make lots of the headliners work, but I want to have a game plan so I'm not caught off guard and I'm sure it's going to be busy since it will be New Year's Day.

I would prioritize 7am like this - VQ first, Remy second, Guardians ILL third (potentially not at all if you get a boarding group and don't want to ride twice.)

Just as a note - you want the earliest boarding group possible, because they are not time specific - so you can go at anytime during the day after your group is called (the app will give you an hour window but it's not enforced).

You'll want to set up your tip board so that Remy is pinned to the top (you can do this any time after midnight). You should be aware that there is a good chance you will only get Remy because TT and Frozen may both be gone by the time you get to make your next pick two hours after park opening. This is what tends to happen on the most crowded days, and NYD will almost certainly be a 10/10. If I were in your position, I'd be mentally prepping myself that Genie+ was the equivalent of buying an ILL for Remy.

Now, you may be able to get a TT or Frozen by refreshing occasionally after they are sold out, but I wouldn't count on it. You'll want to refresh around :47 past every hour because (supposedly) that's when they drop new availability for LLs at EPCOT if any are going to be dropped.

Guardians ILL does not sell out immediately. It doesn't typically sell out before park open even on the most crowded days. You don't really need to stress about rushing to do this right at 7am - you'll have time. The VQ will likely be gone in a few seconds, though.

Oh, one important thing to note about your plan - it's possible the Remy time you get may be tough to work with your dining reservation. You don't get to choose, you'll get what you get. If you get a time that's too early, you'll need to cancel and rebook - but by the time you do that, the times may be into later evening already. Just something to be aware of.

If that happens and you cannot get a Remy time that works, TT times don't go that quickly... you'll at least be able to get that at a time that should work.

This is my initial plan:

Park Opens at 9 am

I’m sure you’ll have a great day but honestly you’ll be extremely hard pressed to do everything you want in less than 5 hours on New Years Day.

Today is a 8/10 crowd level day at Epcot and this heat map shows all LL reservations for the headliners were gone before most people were eligible to book their second LL reservation 2 hours after park opening.

5CA182A6-30D0-4489-800D-F6280FDA9F2F.jpeg

At 7:00 I would recommend trying for Remy first then purchasing ILL$ for GotG 2nd.

Take as early a ILL$ as you can as you will be able to ride anytime after your ILL$ is called.

Hope this helps.

I would prioritize 7am like this - VQ first, Remy second, Guardians ILL third (potentially not at all if you get a boarding group and don't want to ride twice.)

Just as a note - you want the earliest boarding group possible, because they are not time specific - so you can go at anytime during the day after your group is called (the app will give you an hour window but it's not enforced).

You'll want to set up your tip board so that Remy is pinned to the top (you can do this any time after midnight). You should be aware that there is a good chance you will only get Remy because TT and Frozen may both be gone by the time you get to make your next pick two hours after park opening. This is what tends to happen on the most crowded days, and NYD will almost certainly be a 10/10. If I were in your position, I'd be mentally prepping myself that Genie+ was the equivalent of buying an ILL for Remy.

Now, you may be able to get a TT or Frozen by refreshing occasionally after they are sold out, but I wouldn't count on it. You'll want to refresh around :47 past every hour because (supposedly) that's when they drop new availability for LLs at EPCOT if any are going to be dropped.

Guardians ILL does not sell out immediately. It doesn't typically sell out before park open even on the most crowded days. You don't really need to stress about rushing to do this right at 7am - you'll have time. The VQ will likely be gone in a few seconds, though.

Oh, one important thing to note about your plan - it's possible the Remy time you get may be tough to work with your dining reservation. You don't get to choose, you'll get what you get. If you get a time that's too early, you'll need to cancel and rebook - but by the time you do that, the times may be into later evening already. Just something to be aware of.

If that happens and you cannot get a Remy time that works, TT times don't go that quickly... you'll at least be able to get that at a time that should work.
This is all awesome advice!

I really miss when Remy was a LL+! It made it so much easier to get on the other headliners. I know it cost more, but like you said, it ends up the same because you can't really get on much more and you're paying for Genie+ anyway.

The big kids want to prioritize TT but my little can't appreciate it so Remy it is!

I’m sure you’ll have a great day but honestly you’ll be extremely hard pressed to do everything you want in less than 5 hours on New Years Day.

Today is a 8/10 crowd level day at Epcot and this heat map shows all LL reservations for the headliners were gone before most people were eligible to book their second LL reservation 2 hours after park opening.

View attachment 719974

At 7:00 I would recommend trying for Remy first then purchasing ILL$ for GotG 2nd.

Take as early a ILL$ as you can as you will be able to ride anytime after your ILL$ is called.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for this info.

I have never been in the park on NY Day. We will be returning to Epcot so if we can't get on everything we won't cry, but it would be nice. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter